15 comments

Fantasy

why was my family in the past really weird? my family looks weird in the present but they seemed...weirder for some reason. even what my mother told me about the things they did was pretty weird. i would call myself decent but i looked like a weird gremlin until i was eleven.

i sighed as i put the book away, i had better things to do than look at old family photo's of people i never even knew. though another one of the kids kinda looked like a gremlin for a bit.

"Hope!" i heard my mother shout from outside. oh great i think its gardening day...i hate that day.

i quickly got outside, i knew i would have to help her so i just wanted to get this done. something seemed...off about her though. she herself seemed really messy, she always kept herself clean! and she just started doing it! how could she have gotten that messy.

i didn't say anything though, i never question this stuff that much. but then i noticed something...creepy. she had something red on one of her cheeks and on her arm. she couldn't have cut herself anywhere to do that...what happened??

"um mom?" i asked a bit nervously, not trying to look at her. I'm not that well when it comes to blood.

"yes dear?" if she did notice the blood, or whatever it was she probably wasn't bothered by it for some reason. but maybe she just Didn't notice it at all.

we were doing this at around six in the morning, she usually makes breakfast by this time, maybe she was cutting something and that happened. i Don't know what else it could be.

"you do...have..uh that on yourself you know that right? why?" i asked still not looking at her. Though i still knew it was there and i felt like i could puke.

"o-oh silly me!" she said startled and then quickly ran back inside the house to clean up. thank gosh...

but she didn't even answer the question, would she even answer it though when she gets back??

i decided to take this time though, and go visit with lily. mother could ask Someone else to help her do this stuff.

as i started heading to her house, i noticed that lily was already waiting at my front door. wow. i guess i didn't have to go find her.

"Heya lily when did you get here??" i asked her, i didn't know if she just got here or if she had been waiting for a while. i'd make it up to her though.

"oh don't worry i just got here, remember today's our movie today?" this was one of her favorite things to do, and to be honest i guess i could see why. Movies were always good.

we went up to my room to watch the movie, it was her day to pick it and she almost always picked the same one. the boy who cried werewolf.

"why do you always pick that?" i asked, i guess to me i still liked it but it was also getting a bit annoying of having to watch it every time.

"well, its better than twilight...every things better than twilight." she said with a small laugh.

i guess that was kind of true, i felt half and half towards twilight but i guess its because i just don't like most of the stuff in it.

"hold on, don't pause it i just gotta go to the restroom" i told her and luckily i had a bathroom in my room. one of the best things i have here.

i quickly did my things in there and began to wash my hands but then...i noticed something strange.

it looked like i had...4 sharp teeth almost like fangs? were those always there? i Don't think they were.

i looked away from the mirror and started to wipe my hands off when i noticed something again..it didn't look like i had finger nails..it looked like i had claws??

maybe i just haven't clipped my finger nails in a long time and now they were like that? i decided to keep my hands in my pockets and keep my mouth closed, hoping lily wouldn't notice.

she soon left and i looked once again. they were still there but nothing seemed to happen with them so i guess that was good.

i decided to put on my sleep clothes as by now it was getting a bit late when then OH COME ON!

i was growing a lot of hair on my arms now! i didn't see as much on my legs but this was still weird and probably bad.

"okay okay...calm down its probably nothing...i think i'll ask mom about this later..." maybe she would know whats going on? maybe this has happened with her before.

tonight there was going to be a full moon, i hope that i can get this solved before then so i can enjoy the full moon..it was my favorite thing about the night.

i decided to lay on my bed for the next few hours, hoping it would get better. I was wrong it started getting worse.

Thats it! i have to tell mom about this now! she has to know whats happening with me, who else would??

i was about to leave my room to go get her but i ended up not needing to, she came into the room and seemed shocked.

"m-mom whats going on with me...?" i have full faith that she knows what is happening...please do.

she sighed a little as she closed the door she sat me down on the bed...i realized that she kind of looked like how i was at the moment...yes!

"alright mom whats going on?? is this a weird rare condition that we get??" i was kind of shaking her but she just kind of sat there not doing anything.

"no...no it isnt honey..." she got closer and grabbed my shoulders making me look into her eyes.

"t..then what it is it...?" oh gosh this is kind of weird, why is she acting like this?

"listen...we're....werewolfs..."

i started to laugh, there was no way we could be that! werewolfs dont exist. shes just messing with me.

i looked back at her...she had this face...a face that let me know she wasn't lying.

"w-why haven't you told me?!" i asked, was i really going to turn into one?? would it hurt??

"we...thought it was over many many years ago but...then a year ago it started to happen again, we didn't know if it would happen to you or not but now we know it will..."

i had so many...mixed feelings...werewolfs and all the other things are real then i guess. how would my life be from now on? do i have to hide from hunters? oh great.

mother grabbed my hand and brought me over to the window where i felt the moon shining on me. it felt nice.

"get ready..." she whispered to me, i didn't need to ask what she meant, i already knew what it was.

my first transformation, a new feeling...a new life from now on.

August 15, 2020 21:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Deborah Angevin
10:47 Aug 17, 2020

Despite the capitalization issue, I enjoyed reading this; the storyline is interesting! P.S: would you mind checking my recent story out, "Grey Clouds"? Thank you :D

Reply

B. W.
12:20 Aug 17, 2020

sure i can go check it out and im glad you liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:02 Aug 18, 2020

🤩🤩🤩 Ahhhhh this rocked so much! The storyline is suuuper interesting and I liked how you included a fantastical (real word, LOL: it means fantasy-y, not fantastic [although the story is both], oddly enough) aspect with werewolves. Might want to touch up on punctuation and capitalization a but, but other than that, amazing job! I especially loved that beginning; really hooked me in. I don’t fully know why the whole this is italicized, but I think it really added to the story! Keep writing! ~Aerinnnnnn

Reply

B. W.
19:07 Aug 18, 2020

thank you ^^ yeah i know its a real word but i almost kinda forgot it was until i remembered it a bit ago (and by that i mean you now just saying something about it, i just suck at remembering things) and Yep im still working on the punctuation and capitalization stuff at the moment. I don't know either why i had a few of my stories (i think at least the first 2 or 3) in italics i think i just thought it looked really nice but don't worry i stopped doing that and made it regular from now unless i have to use it for a small thing. but still t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
13:46 Aug 16, 2020

Wow! Definitely a fun and interesting read! Wonderful job! I don't know if all the grammar mistakes were there on purpose, or if they were just accidentally there, but they made it a little harder to read. For example, the first letter of every sentence was not capitalized, and neither were any of the Is. If you have trouble with that, I recommend Grammarly, something I personally use. However, I understand if that is how you were making the style of the story on purpose. Great job! Keep writing!

Reply

B. W.
16:54 Aug 16, 2020

Thank you but i kinda suck at grammar sometimes so it was all on accident so i will be trying to use Grammarly or something else to help me with the stories but thank you anyway

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:08 Aug 16, 2020

No problem, we all have our downfalls! Your story was amazing, and grammar isn't too hard to fix. You have the heart of a writer.

Reply

B. W.
19:09 Aug 16, 2020

aw thanks before i got on here and had people read and help me with the stories i never really thought of myself as really anything because i tried things but was never good at most of the things i used to make kind of smaller stories on something else and get a friend to read it with me but nothing much but on here i feel like i might become a great one

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Wow! They were werewolves :o Very interesting! A few grammar errors, I recommend using Grammarly (I use it too all the time >.<). In the beginning of the paragraphs the first letter should be capitalized. I just love how the way you ended it, and the title grows the suspense. Nice!

Reply

B. W.
22:11 Aug 15, 2020

yeah i know you saw the other story i did so i guess i could tell you that in a way, its kind of like a prequel to that since it has the same characters and all that. i dont think ive ever used Grammarly before so i guess i could give it a try and yeah i guess the ending is probably the best part for it. i couldn't really think much of a title but thats kinda surprising that you like the title but thank you

Reply

Your welcome! And yes, the title is great!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:40 Aug 16, 2020

Good job here. I saw someone mentioned the italics and capitalization, and it’s werewolves not werewolfs. Great imagination and you did a lot of dialogue which is good 👍🏼

Reply

B. W.
02:44 Aug 16, 2020

Thank you and yeah i'm stopping with the italics and ill make sure the things are capitalized. and thank you again for the werewolves reminder.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
23:15 Aug 15, 2020

First, lose the italics- they make it harder to read. Second, unless this is ee cummings poetry, and it's not, use capitalization as standard for sentences. As a stream of consciousness, tween turning into a werewolf, story it's not bad. You have run on sentences. Let me show you, "she whispered to me, i didn't need to ask what she meant, i already knew what it was." This is actually more correct grammatically as, "she whispered to me. I didn't need to ask what she meant, i already knew what it was." So why is she not capitalized? ...

Reply

B. W.
23:20 Aug 15, 2020

alright thank you for the advice with this, i just felt like using the italics but ill just use the regular way from now on. ive never heard of the poet you mentioned but yeah ill start doing the capitalization stuff, i guess i probably forgot to do it while making this and probably the other one. ill also try to work on the run on sentences along with some of the grammer i have in it. thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.