13 comments

Creative Nonfiction Sad Romance

That's it the rope has been cut and ignored. I tried to lend a hand but you never wanted my support. My presence to you is more trivial than it was a reward. My heart listened as it was being torched.


Sorry for those petty mistakes. The ones we argued over as it became late. For the days I'm exhausted I just happen to stay awake. You can never sleep in the middle of a debate.


I don't blame you and I'll explain why. Love is a two-way street. You're just oblivious on your side. If only you could be in my shoes and watch from my eyes. My actions would make sense and there would be no surprise.


Your a wonderful person with a heart that's candid. Always healing the person that my blunder damaged. Looking for the quality in the pool of disadvantages. Throwing optimism to see if it establishes.


I did my part to support and defend. You helped me survive while life was getting intense. Chipped in when I couldn't handle the expense. If patience was taken care our bond would have never ended.


Hopefully, I'm making sense and that you can understand it. It's like I don't want to leave, but I have to enlist. Everything was perfect until arguments had me convinced. We put trust in our love, but the future we can never predict.


I'm not an easy person to live with, so feel free to gloat. I write in the moment, which can grab ambience by the throat. Some thoughts hit and ideas roam it's idiotic not to make of note. Regardless of what the future holds your the one person I've loved the most.


You're like a cardiac muscle because you never get tired. You had me by the nuts with a pair of pliers. If our relationship was a modified civic it would misfire but that's what happens when your gambling with desire.


Your words can stab my ego and it's a shame when it does. I digest the bullets of hatred with the help of drugs. Maybe it's my serenity talking when I'm madly in love. I'm a peaceful man who cherishes a lovers hug.


I'm boring and just not your type. You become blasé over things that I like. So controversial it'll develop a website. I become the person you despise the moment I want to write.


The more you ignore the person you like, the more you will grow fond of them. Strange how that works of course it all starts as friends. I was obsessed and couldn't let go of my perpetual pen. I was happy but still trying to process what the unfortunate things meant.


I love your taste in style, which makes me look dapper. My mentality is more simpatico as for me it doesn't matter. I relish the atmosphere while together in the shower. Buying gifts became projects since you disapprove a cliché flower.


I don't blame you but you left me in a predicament. Scramble my happiness has me acting so different. Maybe it's the excitement that vanished so we held onto what's intimate. There's only so much we can do considering where immigrants.


Why start a war if you know you can't win. A ruthless fight that doesn't seem to make you flinch. I appreciated the simple things since it helps strengthen the bridge. Touching your thigh as I find something to binge.


I have my moments I'm no Saint. I'm in poverty and that fact alone I wish to erase. Maybe God had a plan but then had me misplaced. If only I could meet him so that we can negotiate.


Sometimes you miss the memories and not the person. We drifted apart but don't let the experience become a burden. By how things are headed the results are beyond certain. Our conversations will be in a graveyard for no-one to listen.


Our breath started fighting and it generated carbon monoxide. Anger boiled the surface so it's not worth it to reply. Maybe it's a battle between opinion and pride. Writing this poem to spare my heart from your goodbye.


Stress was on the rise, so I figured it was tokophobia. Manipulating your thoughts and your marvelous persona. Trying to play it safe to avoid dealing with karma. Living was full of surprises like a week in Barcelona.


You were my fiancée but money became an issue. Bills and debt threw a party and my problems just grew. I was in a dark place and unable to subdue. I was my own

enemy and sadly ignored you.


I lost my grip on life and that became a concern. My paycheck vanished so there was nothing that was earned. We could never go out so wrangling emerged. Bank statements were checked and struggling was confirmed. I would save two months and book a table for restaurant you observed. I squeeze myself like a sponge in order to reserve. My mistakes were paying itself but no lessons was learned. I hit rock bottom and the come up seems absurd. It seemed so out of reach that I wondered if it's what I deserve. I just want you happy but it's whatever you prefer.


I chase my dream and that pushes us away. Poetry isn't your thing but you still manage to stay. I wrote "You want me to stop" so that my point could be made. I threw my soul in that poem and thought everything was displayed.


Looking Into each other's eyes can make strangers fall In love. Our memories are diamonds because it's still beautiful when crushed. Even when it's burning I can't resist the urge to touch. If there's ash I'd be one trying to collect the dust.


I'm not as strong mentally as I am physically. Stress in proximity and lacking the ability. To torture my dignity while juggling responsibilities. Living in a cramped city as I hallucinate on creativity.


Your heart is transparent so I can see right through. A phenomenal woman who always has something to pursue. It's a shame I drowned in what I thought was the truth. We can fight for a century, but in the end, I don't blame you.

September 29, 2023 13:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

David Sweet
14:15 Oct 01, 2023

Interesting use of style. Good luck with your book!

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
12:41 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I'm glad that you like my style.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mary Bendickson
00:28 Oct 01, 2023

Your angst comes out so poetically in your pen. Can't believe you haven't found success with it. Wish the one you love would be supportive.😔 Thanks for liking my Where the Wild Things Aren't

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
12:45 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and share your thoughts. Success comes with time at least that is what I tell myself. Just put faith in my work and share whenever I can. Yes it would help if she was more supportive. She supports in her own unique way I guess. Your story was great as well. Thanks for checking out one of mine.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Danie Holland
19:48 Sep 30, 2023

“ Maybe God had a plan but then had me misplaced. If only I could meet him so that we can negotiate.“ — oof, I liked this line “Living in a cramped city as I hallucinate on creativity.” — relatable “Looking Into each other's eyes can make strangers fall In love. Our memories are diamonds because it's still beautiful when crushed. Even when it's burning I can't resist the urge to touch. If there's ash I'd be one trying to collect the dust.” — beautiful

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
13:02 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and providing feedback. I was in a moment when writing this. Sometimes I honestly surprise myself. As writers I guess we all do the same. I'm glad that you related to parts of my story. That stanza was probably one of my favorites from this story. Love is such a powerful emotion and when we open ourselves to it on paper we crate a masterpiece. Thanks once again. Much love.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Belladona Vulpa
14:07 Oct 05, 2023

Beautiful and sad and expressive. Interesting to read. What you said about creativity is an escape is true. I like the format that you chose, and very eloquently written!

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
12:53 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate your kind words. It took a lot out of me when I wrote this. Took a break from writing just to mentally relax. Poetry has saved me so I treat it with much respect. Happy that you enjoyed reading and related with creativity being an escape. Much love. Write on!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Andrea Corwin
22:15 Oct 02, 2023

This is very unique - making a poem a short story. Your heartfelt feelings actually STICK to the page! Great lines: Love is a two-way street. You're just oblivious on your side. And: "I become the person you despise the moment I want to write." - followed by "Writing this poem to spare my heart from your goodbye." Very obvious you are a poet/writer, and hopefully, someone will love that in you. I did notice a few times you used "your" when you meant you're," so if you can edit, you might consider fixing those. (Your a wonderful person; w...

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
13:10 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. Thank you for your kind words. I always loved poetry and felt that making a short story with the same style can be fun and a blast to read. I throw my soul when I write so sometimes I might be brutally honest or describe an emotion other's ignore. It helps to vent out. You pointed out great lines. "Writing this poem to spare my heart from your goodbye" I shed a tear when I wrote that. I did in fact notice the you're issue but sadly I can't edit the story since it was already reviewed. I fixe...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:55 Oct 02, 2023

Wow. I've never seen a whole rhyming short story. Until now I didn't think it was possible to rhyme for that long or rhyme a story that makes sense. You've proved me wrong by not only doing that, but writing a great one! This is just amazing. Amazing amazing amazing and I could carry on. :))

Reply

Daniel Fernandes
12:57 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate your kind words. I like the challenge of rhyming a whole story. All of the ones I have submitted also have the same style in a sense. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the read. Check out my other stories whenever you have a chance. You might have a story that you might like more than this one. Much love. Write on!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristi Gott
19:53 Dec 07, 2023

Wow, I love the stream of consciousness, the poetic imagery, the vivid details. This does deep into the mind and soul with portraying emotional truth. It is raw and high impact. I love it. There is so much to think about, so much depth. Thank you for this unique and powerful story.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.