10 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Thriller

"Welcome class." The teacher had sarcastically said out to everyone. "There has been issues with the air conditioning over the weekend and is hoped to be fixed soon so please do not mind the smell." I really didn't like this teacher at all, I am new to this school in fact this country in general, I never really wanted to move here in the first place but since my mom and dad got divorced and everything fell apart dad told me to pack my bags and go to Canada with my auntie while he gets things figured out. I do like my auntie a lot though she can be quite annoying sometimes, and the syrup here is better then i could ever imagine it is the only thing you can convince me to eat pancakes with. I used to live in Chicago, my dad said when i was about four we used to live in a big ol' house with my grandparents until it had burnt down my, grandparents went down with it. I als- "Adam could you please tell us what a function notation is? That is if you were paying any attention." "Sorry Mrs. Blanco it wont happen again" I replied in a heartbeat. She always picks on me when im spaced out. Although i can be a pain all the time. like today when school got out the teacher said if i dont get the function notation down then we all have double the homework for the rest of the week i mean its kind of stupid to do so cause if she keeps this up she should just change double the homework to our normal homework schedule. Its not like im ever going to answer the question anyway.

chapter two

That mysterious smell filled up the room and i could barely breathe it was so bad, but it was kind of familiar. Even Mrs. Blanco couldnt stand it she had a substitute come in today but then it came to me.

i have smelt that before i just need to hold a grasp of it. it seems like it was so long ago but im only 17 i dont seem to forget much either. Some reason my mind was going on and on about the fire about my folks being in the room asleep not being able to get out because of the pressure. I decided to make a little trip to the ventilation system i went to the main one that made its way to the furnace. i crawled through and it kept on getting stronger and stronger but once i got there i knew what it was. it was the smell of body's burning in the furnace. I knew i had to investigate more so i looked through the peep hole in the vent lock. the janitor was there. i knew he was creepy. i had to do something about it i just didnt know what and the smell was so bad. i watched him as he closed the furnace door and left the room with his mop and all sorts and just left. i called the police but they didnt believe me but they came to check it and they knew as soon as they smelt it. They told all of the staff to meet in the gym and all the students to go outside but i wanted to know what was happening so i just crawled back into the vents. this time it was way harder getting around i had to go so high up into the vents there were like four foot tall ledges of metal but when i finally made it there they were all sitting in the gym, all the teachers janitors custodians the police officer and even Mrs. Blanco but her substitute teacher was not in the gym. "The kid knows now what should we do?" The policed officer questioned our principle. "I think we should burn him like the others that tried to tell." Said principle green. I gasped for air and let out a big gulp and left in a hurry making such noise that everyone in that gym knew it exactly what it was coming from and who. I ran out to the back door behind the lunch tables, into the woods past the big old outhouse and to a dirt road, luckily i was so fast none of them saw of where i was going but i knew they were going to come looking soon so i hid in the tree. there they were, all of them walking in a big fat line, still in the tree i was so nervous my eyes felt like they were popping out of my skull. i felt as if my head was going to explode. none of them saw me so i just sat there until they came back. i got really really hungry that when i slept i started dreaming about apple pies momma used to make and hamburgers daddy made for momma and i. Finally they were on there way back it was 9 o clock when i checked my watch about thirty minutes ago but i accidentally dropped it. one of them saw it and guessed that it was just one of the other students. some kids come back here all the time to get a quick few drags off a smoke before class started. i could see the school parking lot and pretty much all of the cars had gone so i decided to leave. i couldnt wait to tell my auntie i needed help but i didnt know who to trust or how to get it. i saw somebody pull out of our driveway it was kind of suspicious so i moved into some brush and a couple of trees to hide until they left. its probably one of her friends anyway she always gives out her cherry jam this time of year she says and doesnt stop talking about it. i walked to the front door opened it. she wasnt in the kitchen, the bathroom, her room, i searched everywhere every room. there she was in the fireplace i hadnt even realized the smell cause i was so excited. then the car pulled back up into the driveway. a dart flew into my neck, i started to get real sleepy some guy picked me up and put me in the fireplace as well i couldnt help my self but sleep it was so warm no pain just sleep.

"and thats the end of my story Mrs. Blanco!"

the end

September 28, 2020 21:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

B. W.
21:16 Sep 28, 2020

Hey, i really liked this story and i think you did a great job with it. my only advice is that you should continue to make more stories, though only when your not busy or anything. you know what i'm gonna give this? 10/10 :)

Reply

Jacob Foxworthy
00:14 Sep 29, 2020

thanks lol

Reply

B. W.
00:33 Sep 29, 2020

No problem ^^ if it's alright, could you help me with something?

Reply

Jacob Foxworthy
01:57 Sep 29, 2020

sure whats up

Reply

B. W.
02:03 Sep 29, 2020

i may have a bit of writers block on some things so do you maybe have some advice on how to get rid of it?

Reply

Jacob Foxworthy
03:11 Sep 29, 2020

i do that all the time thats the significance of writing little stories is that they can start and end in such short amount of time that you can just simply add whatever organization can help too plan what you are going to write about who what and when thats the stuff i like to do before i write and also dont write when your hungry or you story is gonna be leading on about food you dont want that. lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Corey Melin
22:11 Oct 01, 2020

When it comes to imagination you did a fantastic job of it. Keep it up. To help your story run smoother you can always go to grammarly to have your story checked out. It's free. Superbly!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.