1 comment

Fantasy Adventure

Thelonius was a humble wizard, scribe, and record keeper for King Jarret the 2nd, the king of the kingdom of Rowandale; a humble kingdom nestled between a forest and a range of mountains that bordered the neighboring province. Thelonius took great pride in his personal library of Spells, Alchemical Recipes, Maps, and Transitions of all Royal Affairs and Processions, scrolls instructing how to turn rocks into meat, scrolls instructing how to control the direction of the wind, you name it. The Alchemical Recipes and Spells were kept and sorted meticulously, if one scroll was in the wrong place, Thelonius would go over his entire records library TWICE when he was done correcting the misplacement to make sure nothing else had been sorted in the wrong place instead too.

Magic might have made the kingdom of Rowandale rich, but deep down, some of the people feared magic and feared the Wizards who dedicated their life to the study and the mastering of Magic. Some were worried about the wrong person getting the wrong knowledge on Magic.

The people of Rowandale were very physically strong and agile. But Magic had helped to improve the quality of life for the people. Thelonius read a scroll explaining how to turn a man into a sheep when he overheard the guards gossiping with each other about how "Dangerous" Thelonius's personal Library might be should the wrong person absorb the information in the scrolls. Not interested in being talked about in such a negative light, Thelonius decided to head to the pub for a pint of ale and a bite to eat. Thelonius ordered a pint of Ale and a Mutton leg.

The Mutton was delicious, and the Ale hit the spot, and the pub was relatively empty and quiet, which Thelonius appreciated. He paid and left. As soon as he returned to his chambers, he heard the royal Trumpets, heralding a new declaration from King Jarrett.

"Hear ye, hear ye! King Jarrett the 2nd is to make a royal declaration! King Jarrett the 2nd has hereby declared that as of tomorrow, Magic and the study and research thereof shall henceforth be prohibited in the Kingdom of Rowandale!" Yelled out the official yeller.

Thelonius's stomach dropped, and a chill enveloped him. The King banned Magic? Would Thelonius's library be burned? Would Thelonius be exiled, or worse, executed? The royal Trumpets blared again.

"Hear ye, hear ye! Hear ye, hear ye! King Jarrett the 2nd is to make a declaration! King Jarrett the 2nd has hereby declared that all spells scrolls and scrolls pertaining to Magic and Alchemy be burned and all Wizards and Witches be exiled or, if unwilling to leave, executed!"

Thelonius stood up. He knew what he had to do and he knew he had to be fast because it couldn't wait. He filled his travel satchel with only as many magic records and maps as he could fit inside, and he used an invisibility spell to slip by any and all castle guards with his documents in tow. Once he was outside the wooden gates of the kingdom, he consulted one of his maps, still invisible, and headed towards the mountains to the east. By the time night fell, the invisibility spell had worn off.

Despite being dark, Thelonius cast a spell to create a hovering ball of light and continued on his exodus. Once he was at the foot of the mountains, he started a fire, pitched a tent and took a temporary rest. The next morning at dawn, Thelonius packed up and set to climbing the mountains, hoping to reach the other side of the provincial border. 

Thelonius continued climbing until in the evening he came across a really inviting looking cave. He stopped to rest for the night. The next morning, Thelonius awoke to find a towering, mighty Dragon staring down upon him.

"What are you doing in my cave?" asked the Dragon.

"I...I used to be the Court Wizard of Rowandale, but I was forced to leave my kingdom after the king banned Magic." Thelonius answered.

"Rowandale, so abundant in Plump, juicy Cattle and Sheep, so many Forests I could hunt and fish in, fresh, clean water from the river, what I wouldn't give to have that for once, instead of cloistering in the mountains, subsisting on Mountain Goats and Rabbits...." The Dragon said.

Suddenly, Thelonius got an idea on how to have his revenge. "Say, Dragon,"

"My name is Fahrenheit." Interrupted the Dragon

"Say, Fahrenheit...I'd like to make a bargain...I'd like you to help me raid the Kingdom of Rowandale!"

"Oh?" started the Dragon. "And what could you possibly give me in return?"

"In return, the Kingdom and it's Cattle, it's Sheep, It's Pigs, water and Forests for Timber will all be yours. We will rule Rowandale together as a Kingdom BY Magic Users, FOR Magic Users!"

There was a pause from the Dragon, followed by "....Very well, I'll do it!"

That afternoon Fahrenheit the Dragon and the Wizard flew over the kingdom and waged war. The soldiers were no match for the Dragons' Fire breath combined with the Wizards' destructive Spells, and were decimated with little effort.

Thelonius entered the Castle through the front gate, the guards lifted up their spears, but Thelonius cast a spell to shoot blades of lightning at the guards, felling each of them at the same time. Trembling with fear, King Jarrett the 2nd ran out the door screaming out of desperation. Thelonius stepped aside and let him run with a smirk on his face, knowing already what was about to happen next. The instant King Jarrett burst forth out the castle door, the Dragon Fahrenheit bit down upon him from above, snapping his body into two pieces, and ate the remains.

And so it was that Thelonius and the Dragon Fahrenheit declared themselves the new rulers of the Kingdom of Rowandale from then on, a kingdom BY Magic Users, and FOR Magic Users. Slowly, but surely, Thelonius worked obsessively to restore his now destroyed personal library of Spells, Alchemical Recipes, Maps and a new recording of the History of Rowandale written from Thelonius's and the Magic User's point of view.

Thelonius now owned the Castle, the kingdom, the army, and the Kings' royal Harem, choosing a Wife, he had a Queen, four sons, and eventually, he rebuilt his personal Library.

April 25, 2021 02:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Ryan LmColli
14:19 May 11, 2021

Great story: Pls join this link... https://www.guilded.gg/i/6pR8goy2

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.