2 comments

Adventure Fantasy Mystery

Half beastly wolf eyed and Dracula beast lurking his way down a dark 

Creaky road. Beware of the moon that comes out , howling in the night .

As the half beastly creature stamps around in the moonlight , on the stretched path .

He howls and let’s out a smoky wave of darkness .

The darkness forms a circle , one that is let lose within a second .

It’s claws sharp as knifes daggers there way through the pathway and into hells fiery chambers

As he sees something appear in the shadows signs of life , a beating heart ,flesh human skin he knows how he will attack his prey .

He lifts his jawline up so he can feed on innocent blood , this beastly creature creates havoc 

As he moves quickly towards the light and out he comes behind the bushes he waits for his prey to make its first move .

As he searches the bushes he sees the human face of an angel carved in white on this Halloween night , he makes his way forward as he does darkness inches every corner of hearty protection . The demon is coming for the prey .

As he waits for the moon to strike flash down upon the shadows he waits for the angel to come face to face with light there he attacks , but just as he goes to attack 

There is another in the distance , the beastly creature can’t be sure if it’s another prey or hunter,

But whoever it was he wasn’t about to go and share his food with anyone especially half twitted ghouls of the east .

As he tries to work out , who the disastrous creature is he plots his way through to his prey 

Cunningly he takes his prize into the woods .

The woods air sets a chill down the beasts spine as he finishes his meal the half scared angel broken and dead in the night .

The blood that drips down from the angels corpse , the moon in perfect position .

As the darkness covers the sky the beast moves forward again only to bump straight into fate .

He senses the alluring smell of death and his eyes full with heavenly poison the creature that stand before him, none other than a beautiful half witch half moon creature she was a queen of death but her beauty shine brighter than any other star ,

The beast could not believe his eyes how can someone so beautiful look so alluring in the night .

And more importantly he thought he was the only creature of the woods .

She smiled in a ghoulish way , 

“ hello” , she speaks for the first time in beasts life he felt his heart begin to rapidly beat 

His once black darkened heart turns to pure red ,it starts pumping again

Boom , boom , boom the sound of his heart beating against his chest ,

This beautiful creature had captivated him .

He was lost in her spell of beauty . 

But she began to float towards the moon fading into nothing but light .

He felt a twang of pain in his heart he muttered “ no don’t leave me , oh beautiful goddess , don’t go without even a glance of hope she was gone .”

And poor old beastly mourned his loss , he searched night after night for that life that beauty of light , that captured his heart .

However he felt pain like no other .

His heart now stopped again through the departure of his one true love .

He searched a far he even searched the stars where she parted that night 

His howled into the moonlight . One last time before retreating back to his eternal misery 

He felt sick , like he did not want to hunt anymore .

Love sick he felt , despaired by all that came in the park no human tempted his taste buds he even let the passing of a stranger go by a young boys blood was far to dis- appealing.

As the night started to turn to light and dark met for the first time .

Beastly decided to leave, the woods and felt like there was no need to lead this woods anymore .

After the love of his life had disappeared .

He smiled at the fond memories of the woods and collected his last meal then he left never knowing whether or not he would find he left again .

She who stole his heart .

She who let it beat again .

She who felt love towards the end too in his final look of admiration for the witch and moon creature .

He felt a tinge of pain as he mounted the woods one last time , 

As he searched the woodland where it was completely covered in damp strings of wood 

He saw one last prey , who was hunting the woods , at night so he followed him and he followed his heart he was a fox but the fox stood beyond the light of the creature that was standing before him .

It was her the fox had led him to her 

His heart began to race radically against his skin 

How was this possible he thought a corpse having a heart beat 

As if he heard her presence she smiled and touched the fox with care .

“ we do not eat prey we help it .” 

“ we nurture it , in times of peace “.

She was caring and much obliging 

And for the first time beastly felt a sudden hinge of pain

All the creatures of human life he had killed .

She seemed to sense his dismal pain so she lifted her spirit up from the foxes mouth.

“ it’s not about the past it’s about the future , and she smiled lovingly at him and forgave him for his actions “.

“ but how do we survive how do we eat “? 

The beast moaned with passion 

“ by this she says she points to the stars we feed off the stars energy and in return become the stars of the world “.

He didn’t need a second look he captured her eyes and soul and in that moment felt home 

Felt love for the very first time .

This was it ,they both floated towards the sky and eat the stars together soon becoming the stars of the world themselves .

October 30, 2020 15:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Michael Boquet
21:21 Nov 04, 2020

Not sure how well this fits the prompt other than being about a werewolf. Setting is important, especially when the prompt mentions "the suburbs." Your story could have taken place anywhere. Just something to think about. With a little bit of reworking, this piece would make a good poem.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Marilee Ryan
18:24 Nov 07, 2020

It reads like a poem, with the sentence fragments and lack of punctuation. Some of the imagery is worth developing this into a tighter poem, leaving out anything that doesn't serve the imagery and romance of the piece. The tone is eerie and moody, which I love, but, the story is thin. I hope you develop it into something beyond this prompt.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.