Queen Of Mischief

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Set your story at a party that has gone horribly wrong.... view prompt

22 comments

Funny High School

Ever since I was little, if I could just get my hands on paint or even toilet paper, I could make the most mischief of all. So, as it was the last day of school, I planned to make the most I could.

BRING! The bell that signaled dismissal was so loud but not as loud as all the kids running out of school for Summer break. I could barely zip up my backpack in time to get out of the classroom with all the other kids.

I tried to get into a single file line the teachers were trying to direct, but it was no use. I piled out of school with all the other crazy people.

I started to walk home when a blonde haired girl stopped me and tapped me on the shoulder. I immediately recognized her as the schoolsโ€™ most popular girl. Harper Brown.

โ€œHey,โ€ She said, trying to keep up with me in her tight jean shorts. โ€œEmma, wait.โ€

I stopped walking and turned around to face her. My worst enemy of all time. In third grade, she dumped a bucket of slime on my face and then posted it on social media. Pretty much ruined my chances of becoming friends with any other girls.

โ€œI know you and I have had some pretty rough times,โ€ Harper said, whipping her blonde ponytail behind her ears. โ€œBut I want to make it up to you.โ€

She handed me a slip of pink paper that was a party invite. โ€œFor tonight. I hope Iโ€™ll see you there.โ€

With that she turned to leave and I raced home to celebrate by toilet papering teachers houses.

I slammed the door so hard because I was so excited to be home, but that earned me a scold from Mom.

โ€œWhatโ€™s this?โ€ Mom asked, bending over to pick up the pink slip of paper. I mustโ€™ve dropped Harperโ€™s invite on the way in.

โ€œJust a stupid invite from Harper Brown.โ€ I mumbled, trying to sneak away from this conversation by creeping up stairs.

โ€œEmma, I think you should go. Try to make some friends and do not make any mischief of the sort.โ€

A bright idea popped into my mind.I guess I hadnโ€™t thought about that. If I went to Harperโ€™s party, I could cause all the trouble possible and get her back for what she did to me in third grade. I rubbed my hands together but quickly stopped when I noticed Mom looking at me.

โ€œYouโ€™re right.โ€ I said. โ€œIโ€™ll go change and be down in a second for you to take me to her house. Itโ€™s a pool party!โ€ I zipped up the stairs.

Harperโ€™s house was the same as I imagined in my mind. It was a big white mansion with a pool made for the olympics in the backyard. As I waved bye to Mom and greeted Harper, I looked around my surroundings, knowing I could cause all the trouble possible.

Music blared so loud in the house it hurt my ears. So, I made up an excuse to go to the bathroom and make some trouble.

The pristine bathrooms at the mansion were crazy. The toilet had a heated seat and some other fancy things. The sink was made of gold and the countertops were jet black.

I opened the black cabinet under the sink and pulled out all the toilet paper I could grab. Who needed such a big stock of all the thick, soft, toilet paper? I did.

I ran the down the stairs halfway so everyone could see me with the disco lights.

โ€œEVERYONE!โ€ I shouted over the music. โ€œTOILET PAPER PARTY!!โ€ Everyone cheered as I threw out rolls and rolls and rolls of toilet paper.

And soon, my mission was accomplished. The Brownโ€™s living room looked toilet papered and gross! But, that wasnโ€™t all I was going to do to get back at Harper.

Also in the third grade, the reason why she slimed me was because she had the hugest collection of slime and I only had one handful of dry slime.

So, I ran to Harperโ€™s room which was easily recognizable with all the pink streamers outlining the door. I tip-toed inside and opened all her baskets in the white, untouched cabinets. And there, right before my eyes, was a gallon of slime!

I decided the best way to slime her was to put a trap at the door, so when she walked into her room, it was slime her face just like she did to mine.

I was done with the trap, but right as I walked out of the room, I heard Harperโ€™s soft footsteps along with her best friend, Opal. I guess I never thought about it, but I could slime two people!

I hid in a small coat closet with just enough room to see when theyโ€™d open the door.

CREAK! SPLASH! SPLOOSH! AHHHH!

โ€œThat little brat, Emma!!โ€ Harper screamed. โ€œI thought I changed our friendship, but I guess not!!โ€

Mrs. Brown stumbled into the room and screamed when she saw her daughter. โ€œWhat has gotten into you?!โ€ย 

โ€œIt was Emma!โ€ Now, Harper was in tears along with Opal who had also gotten purple slimed.

โ€œWas it Emma who ruined the party downstairs?โ€ Mrs. Brown asked.

โ€œWhat do you mean?โ€ Harper asked, suddenly frightened for her party.

โ€œSomeone, toilet papered the party.โ€

Harper and Opal ran downstairs and I followed to see the best moment of my life. Everyone, and when I say everyone I mean even the adults at the party, laughed at the most popular girls in school! This was amazing!

โ€œPARTYโ€™S OVER! DONโ€™T COME BACK!!โ€ Harper thundered.

But, I couldnโ€™t let Harper off that easily after what she did to me. So, as everyone left the party out of the door, I snuck into the office to find a little puppy sleeping.

I picked it up and it growled. โ€œYouโ€™re just like Harper.โ€

I snuck to the art room where the family kept all the paintings their grandmother made over the years of her life. I went to the cabinets of paint and creaked them open.ย 

โ€œWhat color would look best on you?โ€ I asked the growling poodle. โ€œMaybe green?โ€

I picked out the green color and colored the dog's fur.

Suddenly, Harper appeared in the door gasping. โ€œWhat have you done, you little queen of mischief!!โ€ She snapped as she ran to kick me.ย 

But, I was just too fast for her. I sprinted out the sliding door and hopped over the fence in their backyard. Taking parkour lessons really helped me jump that fence.

I didnโ€™t stop- the more space between me and the enemy, the better- until I got home.

SLAM! The door sounded when I came home.

โ€œDid you cause any trouble, Emma?โ€ Mom asked as she walked over to me, her blonde curls bouncing.

โ€œNope. In fact, I think Harper and I will be lifelong friends.โ€ I smiled at the idea of humiliating her every single day.

Mom checked me from head to toe like I wasnโ€™t the real Emma, and then sent me upstairs for bed. But, just as I was laying in bed, on my phone, I posted a picture I took of Harper and Opal slimed.

ย I just couldnโ€™t wait till Monday. I could just picture it- Silly Stringing the principal.ย 

Iโ€™m glad Mom made me go to the party. Because I never wouldโ€™ve become Queen Of Mischief without Harper.

May 14, 2021 22:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

22 comments

Dhwani Jain
04:39 Jul 25, 2021

Ah! Cool. Funny. Mischievous. Awesome. Inspiring. Cruel. You want any more words to describe this story? Search Google for the synonyms of these words and add them to the list. This is the perfect revenge-prank or April Fools' Day prank story!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
12:44 Jul 25, 2021

Yeah...you did not reply to the quizzes in my bio?

Reply

Hey- I couldn't find them or I already replied to them.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
13:27 Jul 25, 2021

Oh... fine!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Chloe McLellan
13:58 May 21, 2021

I loved this story. I've always wanted to prank people but I'm just not creative enough or can't come up with good ideas. This was amazing! Keep up the great work!

Reply

Chloe McLellan
21:55 May 24, 2021

Your welcome :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.