0 comments

Adventure Fiction Thriller

I was reading my favorite book Endless Night by Agatha Christie. Then there was banging at my door. I jumped because the sound startled me. I got up from my dark blue rocking chair and looked out the peep hold on my door. There was a mob in front of my house. Some had weapons in their hands such as handguns and knives. Others were holding signs saying ¨Don't let the robots take over our world¨. I have been discovered. I needed to leave now. Luckily I finished my pod a week ago. It took me two years to finish it. There was nothing left for me here. I quietly went out the back door and went into my pod. I quickly activated it. Before I knew it I was heading to another planet. While I was in my pod I flashed back to what had happened. My creator named Laura created me. She was lonely and decided to build a robot to be her friend. So she built me. I looked exactly like a human but inside of me was wires and other parts. One day she came home saying we had to hide. There had been a company making robots. The society loved them at first. But then claimed we were taking over their world. They said we were taking their jobs. They also complained because we were smarter and stronger than them. We were made to be strong and to be able to do physical activity to no limit. We never got tired. The people on the plant called Meliwei had enough. They started destroying all the robots that were on the plant. Most started going into hiding. A person named Tom Howard invented a device that could tell if a robot was near in a 20 mile radius. They soon found out my secret. I was a robot. Lucky I built a pod and was able to leave the plant.It had been a couple of weeks before I finally landed. The ground beneath me was red. I quickly abandoned my pod and started walking to what looked like a village of houses in the distance. When I got there I saw a lot of people walking around. It was very busy. I heard people speaking but could not recognize what they were saying. I realized they were speaking another language. I quickly picked up on a few words. I observed and studied them for a while. I eventually learned their language. I knew I had to try my best to fit in. I also could not let anyone know my secret that I was a robot. My computer program told me that the temperature was hot outside. I looked around the houses and found an abandoned one. I decided that I would stay there. I saw that this community operated much like my old one on Meliwei. I was able to produce my own fake ID with my programming. I decided to go and try to get a job. I found a pizza place with a sign saying that it needed people to deliver pizzas. I went in there and asked to see the owner. Soon a tall man came out. He had curly blond hair and brown eyes. He introduced himself as Jack saying he was the owner. I explained to him I was looking for a job. He told me I could have it as long as I knew about where everything was. Jack said he had never seen me before and asked where I was from. I told him a random name of a city. Jack believed me and stated how that was a nice place. I just nodded and agreed with him. Jack said I would be starting the job the next day at 8:00am sharp. Luckily they had the same time system as my old planet. I then headed back to the abandoned house I found. There was a lot of dust and dirt everywhere. So I decided to look for some cleaning supplies. I looked in all the closets. There were two bedrooms with a closet and one closet in the hallway. I found a broom, a mop, and some cleaning chemicals. I got to work and cleaned the house. It took two hours to fully clean the house. I then decided to look for a bookstore in the town. I found one called Eagle Eye BookShop. I looked around. I found a lot of interesting books. I could not buy any through because I only had a little bit of money on me from Meliwei that was a different currency from here. I decided I would come back the next day after work. As I walked home a big gust of wind blew. I pulled my long blonde hair back from my face. I thought about everything that had happened. I just wish that humans and robots could get along in peace. I wish I did not have to hide the secret that I was a robot. I was soon home. I picked the bedroom I liked the most. It had dark green walls and light brown curtains. The bed had a greyish blue frame. I looked at the sheets and decided I should probably put new ones on. I looked around the house but found no more sheets. I would have to clean the ones already on the bed. I found the washer and dryer. Then I cleaned the sheets. It took a while. I exercised while I waited. I did push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, lunges, crunches, planks, and burpees. I wanted to do pull ups but I did not have a pull up bar. Soon the sheets were clean and I put them on the bed. Soon the next day came. I woke up and put on the uniform I was given. It was a blue collar shirt with a pocket in the front. On the pocket was a slice of pizza. I went to work and started delivering pizzas. I was saving money to update the house I had and a pull up. I would have to keep my secret forever. This was the way I had to live my life from now on.

February 26, 2021 18:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.