2 comments

Adventure Thriller Romance

What comes to your mind when you finally land safely from a rough journey?

Me i had say it was fun. You? 

We were five in numbers and the best couples in the school except for one of us Clark who was christ headed, he had preached to us a million time and had made us accept christ by force, anyway we have backslided more than the time we accepted christ, well he still hope we would one day. The other four were asher, keily, elena and bradon with keily and elena been girls with great body physique and thin beautiful lusting stature while asher and bradon were tall light skinned thick guys with a well masculine unique muscular body structure. Keily and Asher,elena and bradon was the code.

It was few days to our vacation in college at brightston high school in washington DC with the summer hopelessly begging for a last chance it was only few days to the winter season well! We were done with our exams and very sure to pass so we decided to take our holiday outdoor.On a sunny afternoon, Asher called for the four of his friend and asked,how are we going to spend this vacation? he asked, lets go to a pristine beach bradon suggested with an expressive smile on his face. You know i love seeing the face of the crystal blue oceans, elena appears to agree with whatever bradon says sometimes even if she does hate it but elena here has also wished long ago to see the white sand beaches and the beautiful blue oceans. Okay okay okay asher cuts in, what about spending our vacation in a tropical island a place embedded with finely divided white sand beaches, crytal blue waters and palm trees remember we had only watched this on movies. Its a beautiful suggestion they all agreed with a soft smile on their faces, but there is a challenge in seconds their mind were trapped with the fear of unkown and left alone in the world of suspense,..........none of us own a car nor a drivers licence, elena exhale deeply you scared me i know where to get one, one could see a sign of relief on their broaded faces. But we are all below 18 how do we get a licence? he asked. Elena called bradon and whispers to his ears tell others except clark when we leave.

It was two days after the winter successfully parked in, the four are fully dressed and ready for the journey, where is clark they asked lets put a call through him and to know his whereabout just hope he is not in church. 

Bing bing bing bing clark phone rings 

hello clark where are you?bradon asked

Just found my bible,be there in a sec.clark replied.

Okay bradon replied and cut the call.

In few minutes, clark arrived whats with the old women's makeup and your protuded stomach? he asked you will know soon elena replied they entered the car and started the journey,lets pray clark suggested, oooo just pray while we watch the damn road or should close our eyes and dive into the bush, just keep moving clark prayed silently like a man ready for the fathers call to glory, Emm elena where did you learn how to drive because your hand is quite unbalance with the steering? Asher asked i learnt it on youtube and read the manuals w hhaatt...... they all shouted panic ran through their veins and tensed air filled their lungs here their adrenaline was at its peak, clark started quoting from psalms till revelation calm down you know am preety good when it comes to learning fast, what're you saying its five good lives in the car, bradon interjected dont critize her, no i cant accept that......... arugmentative words filled the air, can we all keep quiet what about the licence where did you get it? Clark asked, they gazed at eachother with a guilty face. They realized the level of their negligence and stayed mute till they reach the check point. May i see your driver's licence,okay sir elena handed the police the particulars 

 so you are Mrs lili frank? the police asked.

yes am married as you can see am pregnant again elena replied

She continued sir actually i have an appiontment at the hospital 

The Police looked inside the car who are these boys he asked?

my friends . mean student she stammered.

The police handed to her the licence and opened the way for them

After few minutes the connecting rod got spoilt got from much oozes of the car, they tried all their best to get the car on his feet but all to no avail. Asher mistakenly clicked the radio app while trying to phone an engineer 

Radio chattering: the meteorologist forcasted that there will be much snow and people are advised to stay at home for the time being .Its was already getting dark tom brought out the map studied it a little with the blue ray of light comming from the next wine shop ,she called for the other guys, guys while trying to explain their journey for the next day she unconsciously place the map on a car and they all left to sleep in a pharmacy store that was few meters ahead

It was early in the morning at 5:45 am clark woke up and saw snows falling heavily like rain jess.. damn it he exclaimed wake up wake up he shouted,they were still far asleep he ran for water and irrgigated their body they all woke up with an angry face of someone denying them of a good sleep when they saw the snow they quickly picked their dresses and continued the journey after about a few hours of treeking she noticed she had misplaced the map,guys am comming keep moving what, where're you going asked bradon i mean i forgot my my my......... you guys wont like to hear it okay okay just go they insinuated. But its frezzing elena it isnt safe there bradon you are to caring i will be back before you think of me. Okay be safe. Elena ran back to the pharmacy store and searched everywhere but the map was no where to be found after few minutes she remebered she placed it on a car while discussing with her friends with all her might she fled to the car and noticed snow had covered where she mistakenly left it yesterday she digged and digged but discovered nothing like the map, while looking around she saw a paper protected by the aluminium roof top with a hopeful smile on her face she ran to cover up with her friends and met them in the same spot they where before she left what a rare friends she let the joy spill over her beautiful face. In few distance they reached to the forest the only difference between the forest and the road was the ability of the treess to reduce the snows falling to the ground. Can we all rest here and make plans for the rest of the journey keily asked yea they all agreed and shared the snacks equally we still have three kilometers to cover keily cuts in what if...... she dosed off,see lets sleep and put plans till tommorow they all slept except from elena she was vividly studying the map when she noticed the ambiance of the environment was getting coolder she stood to fetch woods and stones of which she tried lighting after several attempts but thanks to her ancestor it worked.

Its was another day in the winter's calendar, elena woke up full of energy while thinking for all possible solutions to get to the island she realized there was a mountain not far from the forest as she remembered from the map the day before, the only place to get to the river where they can actually get to their promise land. Wake up guys wake up she shouted to the top of her voice they couldnt resist the loudness of her voice it was a deafening one, we've never had a good sleep since the start of this journey mason said. See guys there is moutain not far from here and its the only shortest way to the island. I was dreaming of entering into my house you should'nt have fucking disturbed me from my sleep clark protested.

After an hour with a well study of the map they followed the directions and saw a mountain elena smiled, what am not climbing this tall slopy scary mountain they individually protested okay let me just go so maybe you can summon your courage elena said. After few minutes she reached the top who is next she shouted none of them was willing to climb the rock, elena quickly reached to the ground to look for a material she could use to get 'em up luckily on her way on a frozen lake she saw a heavy thick rope she picked it and started running she had fogotten she was on the lake soon she realized cracks behind her legs she moved to her top speed one could see the spraks left behind her heels in few seconds she jumped and barely escaped from falling into the icy water.She reached again for the mountain top from which she had gotten down and threw the rope down now were they able to climb up the mountain after seriously tieing it to their waist it was another episode of trouble for elena to get them down they finally did after series of motivational talk and scolding.

After getting down from the mountain they moved forward a bit to the river bank and met a canoe that could accomodate all of them without issues,but they noticed repeated ripples in the water asher picked a stone and projected it into the river it was a brain dead shark that knew nothing but just to feed. Fear encapsulated their mind none of them could bring the suggestion of entering into the river without proper planning. Asher a physics student sat them down and explained how they had go about it. Elena and i will go for the woods while the rest will gather stones to distract the shark. Elena and asher carved the wood to one that could propel the canoe well in water while the rest gather enough stones in the canoe even in their tiny fashion pockets. They pushed the canoe into the river enterd it and started propelling forward the shark was awakened by the ripples and started aiming to where the ripples was comming from they started throwing stones to distract the shark while some were propelling the canoe but when the shark noticed she was deceived by the stones she headed straight towards the canoe, elena searched the bag asher had been carrying all along it was a voltage suit elena quickly fixed it to her body and jumped into the river, they noticed the shark has stopped flowing them and was aiming for another thing behind them they looked back and saw elena, asher knew it was his voltage suit press the button its right here he pointed to his chest not wanting to say otherwise the shark was moving closer and she was still looking for the button here, here,here asher shouted elena entered the water found the botton pressed it the shark came right in time it and was electrocuted.She switched off the botton, float to the top and started swimmimg to the canoe she climed up pecked all her friends kissed her boyfriend and they continued the journey only after about a few meters did they see the great tropical island filled with a magnificent beauty of palm trees, white sands and the azure blue waters.

March 04, 2021 01:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Maryam Usman
22:45 Mar 11, 2021

What an adventure,I enjoyed reading it, nice piece,keep up the good work

Reply

Adebiyi Ayobami
01:04 Mar 12, 2021

Thanks very much i really appreciate your comment.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.