3 comments

Science Fiction Adventure

“You’re from Terra? You’re a human? Really?” The alien at the stall said looking at Helix in both horror and awe. Helix couldn't tell. “Man, I’ve heard real scary things about you guys. Is it true you named your moon ‘Moon’?”


“Yeah,” Helix said looking through the objects on the stall table. “But I don’t know much about Terra, just the things the pod said. How much for this?” She held up a tattered notebook like object with a red ribbon binding it together.


“Just three globs,” The alien said holding out one of his four arms while another held out the notebook for Helix to take as she searched her satchel for the tiny pouch that held the globs. “We can’t make out the writing on it so, it’s not worth much.”


“Thanks so much, sir.” Helix took the notebook and put it inside her satchel. “It’ll be sure to come back when I get more globs.” She waved to the alien and made her way down the marketplace looking at other stalls.


Helix passed many colorful stalls before ducking behind one when she spotted a Rentari soldier. “Smeg, why are they here? Aren’t they supposed to be on planet Kinar right now?” Helix muttered quietly before jumping when another voice sounded, much rougher than hers.


“I heard they’ve stopped here for a supply run,” Helix looked up to find the owner of the voice and saw an alien woman with a grey body and five black eyes all blinking at the Rentari soldier in annoyance. “Don’t know why though, Kinar is at the edge of this galaxy.”


“Uh,” Helix glanced at the lady’s stall table and gave a tiny gasp when she saw colorful crystals with silver threads through the top of them. “How much for the crystals?”


“Depends on the crystal and color, kid.” The lady said, all five eyes still on the Rentari soldier. Helix took this moment to look at all the crystals. They were all very beautiful but one caught her attention the most. A small white crystal that if it hits the light just right it shines a pretty gold color.


“How much for this one?” Helix held up the small crystal necklace for the lady to see and almost screamed when only one of the lady’s eyes turned to look at the crystal while the other four stayed glued to the Rentari soldier which was now joined by two more soldiers.


“That one will be two globs.” The lady’s eye turned back to the Rentari as Helix pulled the globs from her pouch and handed it to the lady’s stretched out grey hand. "This crystal is used for protection against evil beings. It also is used for healing." The lady informed.


“Thank you for the crystal ma’am.” Helix put the crystal around her neck and quickly walked back to her ship as the Rentari moved closer to the lady’s stall.

When she was far enough for the stall and the Rentari’s, she ran to her ship ignoring the strange looks she received from passing aliens.


“Smeg it all!” Helix almost yelled as she almost fell face first when she boarded her ship and ran to the control panel to start her up. The ship tilted to the sides violently as she took off way too quickly. “This day can’t get any worse than this.”


But of course, the universe hated her guts and the empty tank icon blinked an angry red as soon as she was a few miles away from the planet.


“Yes, it can apparently,” Helix muttered rolling her green eyes. Red lights were flashing angrily with the alarms blaring. Her blue-green eyes scanned all of her screens while trying to right her ship without much success.


“Smeg it all!” She bit her tongue as her ship slipped from orbit and almost knocked her out of her seat, then sent her plummeting to the planet below.


[~]


A pair of blue-green eyes fluttered open as pain erupted from everywhere. Helix’s black hair was matted to the side of her face. Her pale skin glistening with sweat as she takes off her cracked helmet and holds her head, wincing slightly as her finger ghosts over the cut on her temple. She blinks at her surroundings. The cockpit is sparking as red lights flash on the dashboard and the red alert alarms are still blaring.


She reaches over to the dashboard and shuts them off with her other hand and she leans back on her seat tiredly for a few minutes. Her armour is torn and her arm is bleeding from where a panel fell and hit it. She can also feel her collarbone aching from the scratch her crystal made. She pulls up a holographic map and blinks at it in confusion when it does not indicate where she was at the moment.


“You’ve got to be smegging me.” She said as she unbuckled the strap around her waist and stands up unsteadily. “We’re doing this the old fashion way then.” She opens the hatch and walks out onto the red soft sands staring at the crystal clear blue water. She stared up at the blue sky as the sun beats down. She turns to look at her ship and sighs. There's smoke coming out of the damaged ship. She goes back inside and gets out her satchel. She kicks a panel and it ejects a black slick quarterstaff with a small quiver of sharp silver needles.


She looks around for any last items and stops when she sees the small communicator on the dashboard. She takes it in her hand before stowing it away in her pocket. She steps out of the ship once more and sighs. “Now, where in Klamex am I?”

​She walked a couple of steps before hissing in pain and falling to her knees. She looked down at her leg and saw a huge gash at the side of it. 'How did I not notice that?'


She blinked the white and black dots from her eyes and stood once again, wincing as her leg flared up.


She took a step forward and her legs gave out under her. She laid there on the sandy beach, the black dots overtaking her vision completely.


She saw a figure approaching her quickly from the side, and with that, her consciousness lost her.

November 06, 2020 23:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

16:08 Nov 15, 2020

Really enjoyed reading your story. My only complaint is that it wasn’t longer. It left me hungry for more. Blew my submission completely out the water maybe you can check out my prompt and give some tips?

Reply

Cassie Duke
21:11 Nov 15, 2020

Sure! Thanks for reading my mess of words!

Reply

02:43 Nov 17, 2020

No problem it was a pleasure

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.