38 comments

Mystery

Windy day,

Streets were silent like every normal days but the chattering and laughter of four friends Reggie, Syiren, Raven, Toison was all over the streets.

They all had their own differences in their lifestyle but something was common in them "Poverty" where they worked hard to earn money, All decided to do any kind of stuff to earn money like to steal stuff but they had their own talents like drawing, singing, dancing and studying which seemed impossible for them to achieve their success path as they all couldn't afford money.

"Money means everything"said Raven

As they were walking in the streets, they found the poster of lottery contest, everyone's eye popped out.

Thinking this was the best idea to earn money so reggie and toison went to the centre and bought tickets.

Two days later,

Reggie and toison went back to the centre and came to meet syiren and raven with a surprise that they have won the voucher to the cottage in the woods where they will be going in a weekend and enjoying.

All were excited to an extreme without knowing what was gonna happen until one day.

As they all packed up their things and arrived at a cottage, They left their stress and worries behind them.

Syiren as her name defines started singing and Raven dancing overwhelmingly.

It was like they have fallen into their own world.

As Toison went into the cottage in search of some oil to start a campfire found a diary seemed like a journal which he bought that outside and started reading it, he looked terrified where he called his friends to look into it.

They found that the journal was written by some person who arrived to the cottage same like they have..As they were reading reggie snatched the journal and threw it on edge of the cottage.

Reggie said "Dont waste your time, Less work but more fun". and they all laughed at his phrase.

They all sat together near a campfire singing and making fun of each other. They all made a vow to be together until their life ends. As they chattered, they heard crackling of twigs which made them jerk. Reggie got up and went near the bushes he found a dog peeping his nose outside the bush which looked funny and all started laughing the dog was quite playful looked as if he had ran away from his house.

Raven took care of the dog and named it Leo. where the dog looked happy enough about his name as toison came forward to feed it gulped his marshmallow into his mouth as it was hungry, In Meanwhile Reggie and Raven went into the woods to collect some dry twigs, leaves and sticks.

They found something weird about the woods that it made them feel that someone was following them but reggie being playful ignored the stuff and found fireflies flying all over them. He and raven captured some of them in their bagpack and took it back to the cottage to show syiren and toison who would love watching it as they were walking few flies went into raven's pocket and started tickling him where reggie laughed until he got tired where it was funny to watch raven laughing unconditionally and as they came to cottage they found leo the dog missing as they enquired about him they said he ran away into the woods.

They all got distracted by letting fireflies out of the backpack which made the dark woods look incredibly beautiful.

Next day,

They all went trekking into the woods where toison found rumbling of waters nearby where they were all happy nd jumped into the water splashing at each others face as they were tired, Syiren went back to the cottage to prepare some food that they would have it together, where these three had enough fun and returned to the cottage with the fishes they caught in the river.

As they returned syiren being doubtful questioned everyone about Toison.

All Reacted normal as they thought he was behind them but he wasn't,

It was like he had disappeared into thin air.

They all went to search him all over the woods where it had almost been a day without him.

All being worried, started yelling at each other and blaming themselves.

Syiren got back into the cottage to find the journal, Where they all sat together and read it keenly.

The Journal belonged to someone named Edgar, where he came into this cottage same like they have with his own friends where one of his friend got lost into the woods as they turned the pages to read more, It was all blank where they got terrified and Syiren poured her tears not knowing what had happened to Toison.

Reggie said everyone that he hid something about the voucher.

He said that they found the voucher on the way to the centre in the road lying which he took and planned to have a trip to the cottage where toison agreed to it.

Raven angrily started scolding reggie about his mistake.

where reggie facing his guilt started accusing him for toison's disappearance but syiren came out for him saying we would stay together and find toison.

While they were getting back to the thoughts of how they had got back into the cottage, Reggie found that the person who he had seen in the centre seemed similar, as he was good at drawing he drew his face into one of the journal pages, Syiren found that he seemed similar where she first met him as he was stalking at her. So they found that they were being followed by someone who led them into this cottage as they were sinking into the fears of some strange person.

Toison woke up at some unknown place without knowing what had happend to him and Started walking into the woods to find a way back to the cottage.

Raven stood and ran into the cottage to find something that would connect them towards toison.

As others joined him in search, Syiren found a tape recorder with cassette on it. As they played it They found their Photos on it by numbering them, where at the end of the slide they found a note saying "I WANTED YOU PEOPLE TO LEARN THE IMPORTANCE OF LIFE IS FEAR".





August 06, 2020 11:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

38 comments

14:57 Aug 06, 2020

Very good writing dear really proud of you keep going .

Reply

05:46 Aug 08, 2020

Thank you😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
11:28 Aug 06, 2020

Read it guys!! It would be interesting. Hope u love it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:23 Aug 06, 2020

Good story dear

Reply

05:46 Aug 08, 2020

😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RAGHUL G
13:30 Aug 06, 2020

Vaamaa minallee💥

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

😜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hari Prasath
13:19 Aug 06, 2020

Verra lvl sis verra lvl......

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks✨

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:15 Aug 06, 2020

A different story with nice suspense👌👌💥💥💥

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

It means a lot😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
12:48 Aug 06, 2020

Quite intersering👍💥💥

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hema E
12:17 Aug 06, 2020

🔥💥💯

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

✨✨

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Fazila Mohamed
19:27 Sep 16, 2020

Dude I really love this!!

Reply

07:00 Sep 18, 2020

😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Roshna Rusiniya
08:20 Aug 12, 2020

Congrats on your first submission. Very well- written story. Good job!

Reply

10:20 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks...It means a lot to hear from u✨✨

Reply

Roshna Rusiniya
10:22 Aug 12, 2020

You are welcome! If you have time, have a look at mine too. Thanks! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
SHIBANGI Das
07:06 Aug 09, 2020

wow, great story..... interesting yaar

Reply

Show 0 replies
05:55 Aug 09, 2020

Interesting story dr🍂...keep it up✨....😌

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maha C
05:48 Aug 09, 2020

Nice story dear .....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Selina Raffi
14:43 Aug 08, 2020

Paah...ena oru kadha🔥

Reply

Show 0 replies
ZENZITTA RAPHEAL
10:58 Aug 07, 2020

Interesting....

Reply

05:47 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:06 Aug 07, 2020

Superbly written👍🏅💯

Reply

05:48 Aug 08, 2020

Its a pleasure 😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Valli Boopathy
04:00 Aug 07, 2020

Interesting 💯

Reply

05:48 Aug 08, 2020

😇✨

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
H.L Whitlock
13:30 Nov 08, 2020

Hi Priyanka, popped over to have a peek at your first story as you suggested 😊 I enjoyed reading your story. There were a few grammar and sentence structure issues in this story that weren't in your second one that I read a few days ago. Great to see so much improvement between the two stories 🙂 I liked the back stories you gave your characters where they struggle with poverty and steal to get by. I was expecting that to tie in more to the story later, like they stole the voucher that got them a stay at the cottage, or they broke in ...

Reply

04:51 Nov 09, 2020

Yea...i had grammatical errors coz i wrote in a hurry😅 Thanks for reading...it means a lot to hear it from u..

Reply

H.L Whitlock
08:17 Nov 09, 2020

Yeah, it's like the story just rushes out and needs to be on the page isn't it? I meant always miss a few typos and only notice them AFTER I've uploaded a story lol. You're very welcome 😊

Reply

08:23 Nov 09, 2020

Exactly 😂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tariq Saeed
12:25 Aug 23, 2020

I read it very interestingly.

Reply

17:45 Aug 24, 2020

Thanks..It means a lot ✨

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vanessa Marczan
22:15 Aug 12, 2020

Good effort Priyanka, keep going 👏👏

Reply

03:26 Aug 13, 2020

Thanks😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.