12 comments

Science Fiction Fantasy

April 8, 2020

Today I’m turning 22.  My friends and family are coming over to celebrate with me.  I’m going to go take a shower before they come.  I finished my shower early so I think I’m going to take a quick nap.  

When I wake up I don’t know where I am.  I check my phone for the time.  It’s April 8, 2045.  Wait… are they playing a birthday trick on me?  No that's not possible.  I think it would be best for me to walk around a little.  Everything is different.  Where would my future version me be?  Then I see a billboard with my name, a picture of me in a lot of makeup and a makeup brand.  I search It up and found the address.  I take a taxi  to 472 Year Long Lover Rd.  That's the name of the brand too.  I walk inside the building.  Then I see a lady dressed in a big puffy dress.  I accidentally ran into her.

“Ah!  How dare you run into me!” The lady was kinda over reacting

“Oh my gosh!  I’m so sorry!  I’m Mila!  What's your name Miss…”  My name is not really Mila it’s actually Madison.  But I can’t take any chances with the future.

“I am headmistress of Year Long Lover My name is Madison Spencer.  Are you here to talk to me or buy something?” That's my first name but my best boy-friend's name.  If that's me in the future, I don’t want it to be.  I mean I don’t want to be bossy like her.  

“Um… never mind I have to go.”  I don’t think I could spend another minute with her.  I’m going to search her up on Instagram.  Holey smokes!  Future me has 6 kids!  No way!  I have to talk to her.  But first I think I should go take a nap.  I think I’m going to get a hotel tonight.  I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow.  I guess try and see her and help her.  Does this mean time is still going at home or did time stop.  Good night!

April 9, 2040

Dang it!  I don’t have any food or clothes. Oh well.  I guess I can just go to the store today.  At Safeway they have a Starbucks.   So I decided to get a Caramel Mocha and one of their Cake Pops.  I also have to run by the clothes department.  I picked out a navy blue dress and some heels to wear today.  After going to the store I took a train this time to 472 Year Round Lover Rd.

Future Me (FM) probably up really early considering she has 6 kids!  When I walked into the shop all of the workers there started laughing at me and I think I know why.  Yesterday.  The reason I was being laughed at was because of yesterday.

“What are you doing in my shop?  You have no business here!” She screamed.

“I’m just here to say that I’m sorry.  Could I maybe take you out to dinner?” My heart is racing.

“Why yes.  That would be a great way for you to tell me your sorry.  Where should we go?  Does Salty sound good?” She was delighted

“I don’t really have much money?  Do you think you could maybe tap in?”

“Yes. Would $100 be enough?”  she was totally bragging.

“Yes way more than enough.” all I can think is WOW!

“Okay then!  I’ll meet you here so we can ride in the same car!”

“See you soon.” I said as I ran out the door of her shop.  FM famous and rich!  Maybe she is kind of cool, but not the 6 kids part.  No Madison! Don’t let her get to your head!  You need to change all of this.  You’ll live in the country with 3 kids. What should I bring to the restaurant and what should I wear to the restaurant I don't know what to do? I am not Very fancy that's all. should I  switch dresses or will she be like that's weird if I don’t? 

 I never imagined going to Salty’s  with me this whole thing just doesn't make sense. and I'm sure I'm not  being pranked  I would be so mad if it was just a big prank and the weirdest thing is that I haven't ran into anybody that I know but me.  Was FM rude to Mom and Dad? I mean I know she's bossy  and all but I would never disrespect my parents.   They mean everything to me.   How could I be this  mean, this cruel even I don't know. As the hours passed and the day burned away I got more and more frightened to go out to dinner with ...ME! At the store I decided to buy a big poofy dress and a diary.  I wrapped it  in a gift paper inside the diary I wrote  a note inside.  She had told me to meet her at 5 o'clock but I was about 30 minutes early which I doubt she'll care about.

“Hello you're early! I love your dress where'd you get it?” She had a completely different voice.  It was softer, kinder.

“I just went to Victoria's Secret!” which is very weird considering I had a friend named Victoria and she had many secrets.  

“Ugg!  She’s my worst enemy! Hear wear this dress instead!”  She handed me a beautiful pink flowing dress.

“Oh! I love it!  Thank you so much!”

“No problem you can keep it!”

The dress was so beautiful on me.  Pink is one of my favorite colors.  After I changed into the new dress we left in Madison’s car.  It didn’t take long to get to the restaurant.  After we ordered I gave her the gift and then ran to the bathroom.  I could hear her reading the letter I wrote on the inside of the diary.  As she read it I began to sparkle and float.  Then I was back at home.  It was not a dream.  I still remember the words I wrote in the diary.  

It read:

I know you have a lot of children.  When you are having a rough day just write or draw in this diary.  This diary just reminds me of you.  Remember to be kind and loving to everyone.

Yours Truly,

Mila McResie

September 03, 2020 05:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

12 comments

Brennan Bilberry
15:41 Sep 28, 2020

Well done Lauren! I can't help but imagine future Madison.

Reply

Lauren :)
17:18 Sep 28, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vivek Sehgal
13:44 Oct 01, 2020

This is very humorous, the choice of format makes it feel like a diary entry and the reference and informal tinge is like cherry on the top, The story featured a very subtle taste of self-detachment, that how can we become so contradictary to our beliefs and aspirations that we look down upon future us, What I loved the most was the pace of the story it complements the genre, but I would be happier if the story had a longer concluding episode as the last chapter ends abruptly, It can be defended as your choice of closing it at once as...

Reply

Lauren :)
15:54 Oct 01, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback and up voting me so much! You made my day!❤😊

Reply

Vivek Sehgal
20:28 Oct 01, 2020

no problem recently been a victim of downvoting surge so just learnt to spread love in the form of upvotes, haha :-)

Reply

Lauren :)
21:04 Oct 01, 2020

I think I up voted you but I'll give you some more kps!

Reply

Vivek Sehgal
06:00 Oct 02, 2020

No I didnt mean that way, your kind words are enough😃😃😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
02:56 Nov 08, 2020

I Lauren! I love your story and thanks for mentioning me in your bio! It truly means a lot

Reply

Lauren :)
02:58 Nov 08, 2020

Hey CJ i hope this isn't a weird question but are you a girl?? Also no problem!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.