112 comments

Funny

Oh, no.

The screen turned black and on the very top “impostor” was written in dark red.

Oh, no. I’m literally the worst impostor ever. The screen should know that.

Then the screen turned into the map where us Among Us players travel through the map and accomplish our tasks to finish without getting killed by The Impostor. Namely, me.

Of course, I was The Impostor, so I cold only fake the tasks. I pretended to get to work and used my joystick to proceed to different rooms. When I was finally alone with another player in a room doing tasks, I pressed hard on my “KILL” button and I saw the blood squirting out of the body I just killed, and breaking in half. The top half of the body fell and let me see the one thick bone sticking straight out of the bottom half. I quickly headed to the vents to hide from the players who might be able to see me and vent to the far side of the ship. I vented into the room hidden from security and started to fake my tasks again.

Soon enough, the body I killed was reported. Immediately, players started asking where the dead body was, including me. The player who reported the dead body confessed that he forgot the name of that specific room in the ship. Of course, everyone would know that is suspicious. So I was completely ready to vote off that player when the time came for voting, but suddenly another player wrote that I was suspicious because almost everyone was in groups and they stuck together and traveled through the ship except me and a few others. The player wrote that I was acting the most suspicious.

“Me? And do you have proof?“ I confidently wrote back.

“Didn’t I just write it?” He replied.

Oh, no. Not again. Hurry, I need to write back to pretend to prove myself innocent. Hurry up.

”Oh, you call that proof? That’s proof for me being suspicious. You don‘t have proof for me being the impostor, do you?”

“You know, usual innocent people would write like “No, I swear I’m not impostor“ or “No but I’m not” but you just try to play it cool. Like it’s fine if you get voted off because you don’t care. Innocent people don’t do that.”

The time to vote is coming. You can’t fake or pretend no more. Just give it up. Give it in.

Voting time comes and all the players vote for me. Heck, even I did. There’s no doubt that I‘m officially the worst liar and impostor ever.

I soon got ejected out of the ship and the game ended. Then, I didn’t really feel about playing anymore.

I started surfing the internet about information for being a good impostor. I figured out that you have to talk, vote and accuse as if you were a Crewmate. Be as honest as possible about your own whereabouts, and don’t be too aggressive. If you start yelling “it’s blue” without a good reason, others will look at you with suspicion. Even if your early game aggression leads to another players eviction, you will have drawn attention to yourself and likely be next to go. 

Furthermore, Crewmates are less inclined to suspect you if they think you’re a bit of a noob. An occasional “who should I vote for?” or “I don’t know the name of the room” are subtle ways to help you achieve this. But do not exaggerate; players who continuously emphasize that this is “my first time playing, please don’t kill me” are bound to get voted out. You want to stir the conversation in the right direction, so don’t wait for things to go wrong. After a murder, you might want to casually ask another player where he came from, or what tasks he did. Crewmates cast accusations all the time, so joining in is not necessarily suspicious. If you do so early on, Crewmates may pick up on your accusation and start suspecting your victim. This rule is even more important when you encounter a witness. If another player saw you near a dead body or even kill someone, you know they are going to accuse you. A defensive position is usually not a strong one, so try to either accuse them first or explain yourself before they get the chance. For example, if Pink saw you walking close to the body before he reported, subtly mention that it was not Pink, as you both just walked into the room where the body was found. If Pink then starts questioning you, you have already explained yourself and are therefore more reliable.

As soon as I bundled up that much information, I figured I was ready. So I pressed on my Among Us app and joined a game. I was feeling ready. For the first time, I was feeling confident about being The Impostor. As usual, The screen turned black and on the very top “impostor” was written in dark red. Then the screen turned into the map where us Among Us players travel through the map and accomplish our tasks to finish without getting killed by The Impostor. Namely, me.

I killed another body and left it there while I vented to a different room. Again, the dead body was reported too soon. When it was time for the emergency meeting, I followed all the directions of the tricks as being The Impostor. I accused many of being The Impostor, and people listened to me.

“You’re a bad liar, you know.” A player tells me.

Wait, me? Does he know that I’m the impostor? How come?

You‘re a bad liar.” He repeats.

”You keep accusing people. That’s fine, but too many. If you want to be a good impostor, then you just have to play it cool while pretending to believe that innocent players are the impostors.“

But I followed all the instructions of my tricks. Everyone believed me except him. I guess that some people will always not believe.

I am a bad liar.

January 10, 2021 00:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

112 comments

Hey Coco! How u been? U haven't said anything in a while. Hope ur ok?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:41 Jan 15, 2021

Heyhey Varsha! Oh, I’m finally relaxed and happy that its Saturday! Really good actually! Well somethings did come up, I have a friend who has told me she’s gay, I need to do my piano homework later, and my cram school one too. But I’m good. You?

Reply

Wow, got a lot of things going on. I'm good, just worried that u didn't respond but I'm good now!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:46 Jan 15, 2021

Yas, true. Aww thanks for worrying! Great!

Reply

Of course!!! Also new story out!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:57 Jan 15, 2021

OK!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Coco Longstaff
22:57 Jan 15, 2021

OK!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
09:10 Jan 13, 2021

i wanna play among us with you now ALSO PLS COMMENT ON MY LATEST STORY I CAN'T TELL IF IT'S GOOD OR NOT EVERYONE IS BEING SO QUIET AND I AM PANICKING DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG???

Reply

Coco Longstaff
09:14 Jan 13, 2021

Ooh sure no prob what’s ur username? OK IM COMING FOR U!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
18:28 Jan 10, 2021

THIS STORY WAS SO GOODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved how you based the prompt off of Among Us! Great job! :D

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:12 Jan 10, 2021

Hehe thanks uu

Reply

Kate Reynolds
01:44 Jan 11, 2021

:D Btw I playyyyy

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:31 Jan 11, 2021

WHAT USERNAME?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:36 Jan 11, 2021

Like the name I use?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Heyyyylo Coco! Whatcha up to? (I’m bored lol)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:10 Jan 10, 2021

Hihi Aerin~ Ok, so I sleep for 9 hours and all of a sudden i have 200 more points!? Who???

Reply

Hiya! Haha, that’s awesome!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:16 Jan 10, 2021

🤔 Yass but and Suhani told me she would upvote me, so I’m kinda guessing she was a part of it,,,of I’m upvoting her right now. And then Ill do you

Reply

Ooh noice!! Aw that’s sweet. Eeep tyyyy! I’ll upvote you rn too :D

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:47 Jan 10, 2021

*gasp* u did okie my turn😉

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Finish upvoting woooo lol

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:51 Jan 10, 2021

Haha oki so rn i upvoted u about 18 points? And that’s just from one story so look forward to your points!! And tysm!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
06:35 Jan 10, 2021

Oooh very creative way to write the prompt, this made me smile

Reply

Coco Longstaff
08:00 Jan 10, 2021

Tysm Danny!

Reply

Danny -
08:07 Jan 10, 2021

Of course :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Yessssss this is my frien being an imposterr

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:19 Jan 10, 2021

Hehe 😁

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.