4 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Once upon a time, in a village near the camp-hood forest, there lived a village which was in the baddest condition. Their houses were made of straw, the floor was dirty and the entire village didn't get enough food to eat. All the people in camp-hood village were so thin of hunger, that their bones were visible. People over there wished for the rins. They had so much hope that they even did fasting for the gods to come. But they didn't come. All the children even tried. They wished that for one time, that the monsoons will come and their crops will grow so they can eat. But that didn't happen. All the people lost hope all except for a boy named Fred. He was clumsy and he tripped everywhere, so that's why people nicknamed him clumsy Fred. One day, he screamed in his loudest voice, "I will restore our village's glory! I vow that I won't return unless my village's needs are fulfilled!"

All the people laughed at Fred's announcement. Jeering and laughing at him, they asked, "And how will you do that? This boy is crazy. He'll never do it,"

But Fred was determined to go. At midnight he crept out of his hut, out the village and headed for Moon valley lake. Fred heard rumors of the gods of water, crops, and wood living there in the form of animals. the gods got visits from evil people, unluckily turned into rats and bugs, and good people, rewarded for their goodness. Five minutes passed by. Fred walked and walked till he thought his feet will hurt. Finally, he reached a lake where the moon shined at its brightest.

The moon suddenly shone brightly at him, casting its reflection in the crystal-clear lake. Fred gasped. This was the most beautiful place in his life. Suddenly, he tripped on something slippery and fell in the lake. He gasped for breath, but something was pulling him down. He looked up above him, feeling he was about to pass out, only to see a mermaid staring down at him. She smiled and pulled him up. He gasped for air, and he swam towards his cloak and bag. Wearing those, he looked at the lake and saw a dead flower. He took his water bottle, his only source of water, and was about to pour it to the flower when he slipped and all the water fell on the flower. The plant, its thirst quenched, seemed to smile and get on with growing fast. He looked at the flower happily. At least he helped something.

he looked at the forest. I guess there is no hope of food or water, he thought. He walked one step forward, only to see a man staring at him in the face. Beside him was a mermaid in the lake, With a colourful tail and smooth, black silky and wavy hair. Beside the mermaid was a lady with a white, flowing dress decorated with flowers and she was wearing a flower crown. They smiled at him.

Puzzled, he gave a look that said, "What did I do? I just got saved by a mermaid, saved a plant, and now this man is staring at me like I was a salmon ready to be cooked,"

All three people laughed and said, "you passed the test, my boy. I have never seen a boy who gave water to a flower."

He smiled for the first time in his journey. The woman said, "we are the gods of Moon valley lake."

He suddenly bowed at them. Fred has heard of people who were so unlucky, they were cursed into rats, snails, or anything bad. He didn't want to turn into a rat, hadn't he? But the gods simply smiled at him. The water god lifted him up and gave him a water ball. "This will give water to your village. Just throw it in a spot and it'll turn into a river, giving birth to more water stones," she said.

Next the crops god gave a a bag of seeds, saying, " Grow these anywhere. They can survive in any condition, and this bag will make sure the seeds never run out,"

Finally, the man gave a piece of wood and said, "This is for the need of fire, warmth, and trees in your village. Just crack open the wood, and grow it anywhere. Tell the name of the tree and it will immediately grow. This stump will never run out of wood."

Saying thank you, Fred returned to his village, and showed the gifts to the villagers. After all the villagers apologized to him, he went to their dried river bank and through the stone in. Water rushed out and a beautiful waterfall was formed, named Camp-hood falls. Next he went to their barren land and threw seeds all over the place. immediately crops started growing all over the place. Next, he finally went to their garden and cut a slight slit through the tree stump. He took the chunk of wood and grew it somewhere. Suddenly his tummy growled and he said, "I wish we had an apple tree. Then I won't be hungry anymore,"

Suddenly an apple tree grew where he planted the stump. He smiled and plucked out the apples. It was so juicy, he felt like he was in a dream. All the villagers cheered for him and they made him the head of the village. They also changed his nickname from 'clumsy Fred' to 'Fred the great'

He happily ruled the village, passing his gifts from his children, to their grandchildren and so on. And now that village was not poor; It was now the luckiest village in the world.

That's the end of the great story of Fred, of how he saved the day, became famous, and became the head of the village. If you ever see an old man, doing magic and fulfilling the needs of people, you may be lucky to see Fred the great, and he may tell his story.

The End.

August 29, 2020 06:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

11:59 Sep 05, 2020

Ooh, nice story! One edt: ‘baddest’ isnt a word; I think you mean ‘worst’. Good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kashvi V
15:54 Sep 21, 2020

Very nice story! I like the part of the Gods of Moon Valley and their gifts.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jan Querubin
16:17 Sep 05, 2020

I love how light it is to read. The fairy tale-esque narrative was done so well. Looking forward to reading more of your works!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Meggy House
12:26 Sep 05, 2020

Wow! How sweet! I love how it reads like an old fairy tale; it's so comforting. If you wouldn't mind, could you read one of my stories? This is my first time in a competition and I would love feedback! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.