A Timeless Adventure

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

6 comments

Adventure Funny Fantasy

It was a party of a life time I will never forget. It lasted till 8:00pm. I knew my parents would be back by 10: pm, so me and my sister had no choice but to clean up. I was so exhausted but I had to clean up or else me and my sister would be grounded for at least 2 months. While I was cleaning it felt like it would take an eternity to clean up all this mess, but I didn’t have that kind of time. As we were cleaning I found a necklace on the floor. It had a small stone shaped clock in the middle.as it was night, I decided to give it to its owner in the morning, but not to lose it I wore it. I noticed there was some strange writing on it. I looked closer and there it was written “wakat ruk ja may tumhe bolte hun ruk ja mere batoun pe mere lafzon pe ruk ja” I read it out loud. I kept it in my pocket and continued cleaning. I looked at the time it 8:37 and after some time of cleaning I noticed it was still 8:37. I thought I was having Da ja vu but after a long time of cleaning it was still 8:37. Knowing something was wrong I decided to tell my sister, who was cleaning the kitchen, only to find her in a still position and not moving. At first I thought it was a prank but she stood there a very long time, I tickled her and poured water on her and she didn’t even blink. I had an idea; if I really stopped time then no one can see or hear me outside. I went out only to find everyone as statues and not moving. I went on as I saw many people many of them were eating. I might have eaten a few slices of pizza from someone. As I went I was so fascinated. It was so amazing. I was getting a little bored so I decided to go to a mall. I borrowed the car from a stranger and drove to a mall. On my way to the mall I stopped at the petrol pump to fill up the gas. I didn’t have money so I borrowed some from someone. I was doing a favor to the guy with the car I refueled it even though I had to read the instructions 10 times. When I reached the mall at last I tried everything and played on every game. After sometime I decided to eat ice cream from MC Donald’s, the best ice cream anywhere, I ate till I was full. I also went in a very expensive store where I tried on everything. Those dresses weren’t as cute as I thought they will be. After that I decided to try to eat everything like KFC, Hardees, Burger king etc. I think my favorite of all foods was KFC. I ate like 20 pieces and a bunch and I mean a bunch of fries. It was so tasty. I had so much fun. I also played on kids rides without anyone to judge me. I also went to the place where they announce everything and I sang like nobody is watching. I realized that I am not good at singing. I found a huge theater where I watched many movies. Operating the movie projector was I had to read the instructions like 20 times to understand how it works. I watched many movies like frozen 2, Aladdin, lion king, rotten tomatoes, witches, Raya and the Last Dragon and I also watched all the movies in harry potter series and star war series and Indiana jones series. When I was done I watched it all again and I think I probably finished all the popcorn in the theater. I think I sat in the theater all night watching these movies but guess what it was still 8:37pm. As I was walking in the mall I saw a huge poster of BTS and then I suddenly realized that BTS was in the city going to do a concert tonight. Without even thinking I drove to the show. I couldn’t buy a ticket as they were sold out. I went there, entered without anyone stopping me. I even went backstage to meet the BTS crew. Jung kook was more handsome and dreamy in person. I did many more things like I took a permanent marker and drew on the guard’s face, who was on the doorway of the concert. I had so much fun. Suddenly I felt a little lonely as there was no-one. I realized that time stopped as I read the weird letters on the necklace so the only way to reverse it was to read it again. I read it out loud “wakat ruk ja may tumhe bolte hun ruk ja mere batoun pe mere lafzon pe ruk ja” and nothing happened, I read it again “wakat ruk ja may tumhe bolte hun ruk ja mere batoun pe mere lafzon pe ruk ja” but nothing changed, I read like 9 more times but nothing happened. As fun as this was it was a little lonely. I was getting a little scared now so I decided to go home. Everything was getting creepier and creepier. Everything looked like it was closing in and the walls started to become black and spiders and cockroaches surrounded me. I thought I was hallucinating but either wise I ran as fast as I can. I ran and ran till I got tired. I sat down for a while I looked at the time and it was still 8:37. Then suddenly I heard weird voices they weren’t clear at first but then the voice started to surround me saying 'wake up! Wake up! Mom and dad will be here any minute' and I woke up to know that it was all a dream. I should have known that it was too good to be reality.

May 09, 2021 07:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

BAZILAH BANU
15:31 May 09, 2021

really nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Syeda Sisters
08:22 May 09, 2021

a really unexpected story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Syeda Sisters
08:22 May 09, 2021

really nice story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Syeda Sisters
08:22 May 09, 2021

amazing

Reply

Show 0 replies
Syeda Sisters
07:45 May 09, 2021

there is an un expected twist in the end of the story

Reply

BAZILAH BANU
15:31 May 09, 2021

yes

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.