2 comments

Fantasy

Ann is a girl who has something bad always happening . Like today , her friend snuck through her window with her favorite painting it was a picture of her as the Mona Lisa but then her friend said it had something on the back but it was cursive so she couldn't read it so Ann flipped it over and read aloud : In your basement there is a secret door the wod you may guess . Ann, where is it? weird. I think I know but if we go down there, I’ll get weird .


We're in the basement and we're on top of a trapdoor. “So what do we do now?” her friend asked. “I don’t know, maybe we should go in.” I snipped. “I'm warning you I've been in here but I saw a keypad somewhere it was at the end of the hallway beside a magical door.” Ann warned. “Let's go then if you know where it is.” her friend cried eagerly. I had to warn her. “Are you sure , I told you I’m weird down there.” “This is awesome , I don't care if you’re weird down there.” That's Chloe for you! “Well, okay if you say so.” She squealed with excitement. I shushed her. She apologised. I reassured her “It’s okay so let's move.” I struggled to lift the trapdoor “Help me lift this thing up!” She sighed and helped me lift the stupid thing. When we went in I started sniffing like a dog! Chloe said “Wow, you are weird.” There it is. The keypad that opens this magical door. Hm. What's that dang password? “Hey, maybe it’s Mona Lisa.” Chloe whispered while peering over her shoulder. Okay let’s try that. So I typed in Mona Lisa and the door swung open . Wow that was undramatic. Then an Alicorn flew out of nowhere and whinied. That is one fine steed. She had beautiful silver wings and blue eyes flecked with bits of silver. She nuzzled me and snorted. Like she was saying “Climb on! I don’t have all day.” We climbed on and I heard a voice call “Misty! Come to me, my alicorn.” And with that she spread her wings and flew through the door, over a waterfall that fell into an inky void.We swooped and soared over a river into a portal of light.



We were swirling through a void of light for what seemed for an eternity. When it spit me and my friends back out, we were in a meadow bordered with a lush green forest. In the distance, a castle loomed light and majestic on the horizon. When I saw it a flood of memories came back to me. A king and queen hugging me, but a family hug. Me getting crowned, charging me as heir to the throne. My parents, the king and queen, Jasper and Amethyst, hugged me tearfully while explaining how I had to leave my home and how I would forget everything and be part of a different family. All that synced into my timeline of my life, right up to now. I realized where we needed to go. I whispered “We need to go to the palace. We need to find my parents.”


Chloe stood up and brushed off her pants. “Now that you know, it’s time for me to show you something.” She started to spin around and around, faster and faster until all the colors started to blur into a cyclone of rainbow. She stopped abruptly, and my friend wasn’t my friend. She was an alicorn, just like the one that brought us here. Her eyes were a deep sapphire blue with silver, instead of a baby blue like the other ones. She told me about how she was charged with bringing back when the time was right. Today was the date marking the 11th year I had been sent to the other place. She was to bring me back before sunset to be reclaimed by my world. “I'm still Chloe. Just a new form.” I looked deep in my heart and saw she was right. I mounted her, and we flew to the castle. When we landed, the guards drew their weapons. I chidded them. “Darius, Granite, have you forgotten your princess that easily?” They gasped once they realised I was right, and immediately murmured apologise. I forgave them, and they led me to a room to clean up. Chloe and her friend were taken to the stables, where they were offered oats with honey and rosemary. I took a short bath, and pulled on a gorgeous dress of a light shade of pinkish purple. It had a lacy skirt and long silken sleeve that fit me perfectly. Almost like it was made for me. Huh! A woman poked her head in and informed me the official ceremony would happen at sunset. That leaves about three hours of time for me to reflect and enjoy myself. I read and explored the room. There was a bathroom bigger than my old house, and the closet could clothe half of London’s population. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. Gold detailing on the walls, shining candelabrum scattered around the room on various wooden tables. A bookshelf taller than me stretched along the left wall. I was so distracted, the time flew. In a minute, the woman came in and grabbed me. She was to take me to the throne room for my ceremony. When we got there, all the chatter stopped. All the nobley dressed lords and ladies stared at me. It felt amazing! (Note the sarcasm in that sentence. That was the opposite of amazing.) At the end of the hall, two thrones sat on a raised platform. Sitting on them were faces I had forgotten. My parents, King Jasper and Queen Amethyst. I strutted down the carpet to the end of the hall, but when I got to the platform I ran over to my parents. They wrapped their arms around me and whispered how much they had missed me. After they let go the ceremony began. My dad and mom signed a paper saying I was theirs again. After that, everyone started to party. I didn’t care. I was too happy to be home again.


July 19, 2021 21:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Elaine St. Anne
16:14 Jul 29, 2021

Very magical

Reply

Show 0 replies
Moon Fox
00:51 Jul 20, 2021

This is a story my sister came up with. She wants to be in a contest and I couldn't say no.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.