Father And Son Love

Submitted into Contest #83 in response to: Write a fantasy story about water gods or spirits.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Oh, hi over there! I am Jack Carlos from under the water. Yes, you heard it right. I am 17 years old and I am the son of Poseidon, the god of the ocean in Greek mythology and can also be referred to as Neptune, which is his roman form. I  am very proud to be his son. But it also puts me in a lot of danger because some monsters would want to eat or capture me. But my dad being Poseidon has an upside, I get some of his powers which I can use to protect myself. My mum is a mortal which means she is a normal human, so I am basically half god half human which we call half-bloods. Here is something you might be interested in, there is a camp just for half-bloods. I have many friends there and the camp is called Mythology Camp. It is like a summer camp where you just go there during a set time and you can actually choose to stay longer if you want to. I figured out that my dad was Poseidon when I was 11 years old. But I am telling you Poseidon's story, so here we go! 

Hi, I am Poseidon, the god of the sea. I have a trident and a long beard. But many more people know me as Neptune. My father was Kronos, king of the titans. My brothers are Zeus and Hades. We are known as the Big Three. Once I and Hades were born, Kronos thought we will overpower him. So he ate me and Hades. But we were immortal so we stayed in his stomach. Then Zeus escaped and had a plan to save me and Hades and kill our father. The plan went quite well when Zeus gave Kronos something to eat. Then Kronos Spat me and Hades out and then we fought him. Of course, we won. 

Now let’s go to the present. I was sitting in my underwater palace when I heard a rumbling sound. I swam outside and checked what was making this fuss. Then I saw a Kraken banging its tentacles at the glass window of my palace. I told some of my soldiers to ask him what was going on. Then the Kraken said, “ There is a kind of weird-looking old sea-god coming this way. I overheard him talking to his minions that he is going to attack your palace with thousands of monsters. The moment he finished speaking, I heard a shout from outside the gate. Standing there was thousands of sea monsters and an old sea god that has a golden suit of armour and a sword made with crystals found underwater.

But I am not outnumbered. I have millions of soldiers with me. But those monsters just might be a bit overpowered in there armours and swords. I called the commander of the army and said, “Defense mode on, please hurry!” A fleet of my soldiers appeared in front of me and took out their weapons. Both opponents started at each other coldly as if they are having an eye-battle.

Suddenly, one of them shouted, “Charge!” We charged at each other and clashed together with swords and shields. After a bit of chaos, I heard a loud ear-deafening grunt. I saw the old sea good falling to the ground in pain and disintegrated with a sword stuck to his back. Then, my army finished the rest of the enemies and celebrated the victory! During dinner time, I sat next to the commander and asked who had stuck the sword in the back of the old sea god. And I was shocked to hear that old sea-god suicided. Then I congratulated everyone and went back to my throne room and thought about one of my very special sons. His name is Jack Carlos. He is a very good fighter and he has many abilities even I didn’t know. “I could use him down here as a warrior.” I thought in my head. But I shook the idea away because it was just silly. 

Jack is only 17 and he is not immortal like me. So if he dies, he doesn’t come back from the dead. I might give him some special training at the camp though. But thought better of it since he is already doing quite well in camp. But there is one thing that always bothers me. It’s that I really want to meet Jack. I haven’t met him since he was born and when I claimed him as my son. So I decided to send him a message. I wrote, “Dear Jack, as you know, I am Poseidon. I really miss you and I look forward to meeting you in my palace!” I folded the envelope and handed it to my delivery man.

 I suddenly got a wonderful idea, I will teleport to the camp and meet Jack in person. “What an awesome idea!” I thought to myself. The moment I teleported there, I felt some sort of energy around the whole camp. Then I saw a surprised teenager in front of me. I can’t believe it! It’s my son Jack! When we walked toward each other, all the other half-bloods stood there in awe as father and son finally met each other after a long time of separation. The other reason is that I am Poseidon. And Poseidon is one of the Big Three Gods. Then Jack told me all his quests and adventure he had over these past years. And how he had defeated some very powerful monsters. When I heard these, I suddenly became so proud of Jack. Then I said, “You are a young and very brave warrior, Jack.” “Thank you so much dad, or should I call you Poseidon?” Jack replied. I said, “It’s your choice, Jack. Not mine.” “Okay, I will call you dad!” He replied with a broad smile. I was so happy to be reunited with him. I want this moment to last forever, but it couldn’t. Finally, over all these years of waiting, I found a person I truly and deeply loved! The End.

Written by Evan Chen

March 05, 2021 12:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.