Quest of the Oracle - Part 1 (A Reedsy Cast Story)

Submitted into Contest #88 in response to: Write a fairy tale about an outsider trying to fit in.... view prompt

32 comments

Adventure Fantasy

*Characters*

Naomi - Starlight 

Alisha - Devaki 

Willow - Amethyst 

Em - Em (of course) 

Celeste - Celeste (again, of course)

Arya - Arya (She didn't come in yet, just thought I'd put her here) 

Everyone else - just characters I need to fill in the gaps, which you can claim

Thanks to Rick Riordan for creating the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series! Also, if your P.O.V isn’t here, don’t worry! It’ll be coming in the next part, which is Harry Potter! 

Naomi’s P.O.V 

I had just arrived at Camp Half-Blood. I wasn’t really fitting in that well. Most people at the camp had left for the fall. I left in winter. Meanwhile, there were only two girls in the Athena cabin with me. Yup, Athena’s my mom. The girl’s names were Em and Celeste. Em had short red hair, green eyes, and pale skin with freckles. Celeste had purple hair, rainbow eyes, peach skin, and moonstone earrings with a lightning necklace that she always wore. I don’t know why. I also didn’t trust them yet. I really didn’t trust anyone yet. Except for this one girl in the Zeus cabin. Her name was Alisha, and she had blond hair, blue eyes, and a light skin color. I had short, curly brown hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin. Enough on the descriptions for now. The real problem was that I wasn’t fitting in. Not at all. There were only seven kids who stayed in fall: Alisha, Em, Celeste, me, Willow, who I’ll get to later, Oliver, who was in the Apollo cabin, and Jamie, who was in the Hermes cabin. Also, Addison, who was our current oracle. She stopped working here a while ago, though. Not because of how we paid her or because she didn’t like us. She just disappeared one night. We’ve set up search parties to find her but it doesn’t seem to be working, they’ve all disappeared. Next, I’ve heard they’re going to send out a search party on October 22nd. Right now, it’s October 21st, in the middle of the night. “Hey, Naomi, I know you’re excited for the morning, but you playing with your pop fidgety is not helping me sleep at all!” The annoyed voice came from Em’s bunk. “Sorry!”I called up to her. She hung off the edge of her super high bunk, looking down at mine, which was near the floor (I was scared of heights). Her green eyes were sparkling with mischief. “Wanna go try to wake Chiron up, if we’re not going to sleep anyways?” I slowly blinked, surprised. “I guess…” I said hesitantly. “I’m going to go get Willow and Alisha. Wake up Celeste. This’ll be great!” she said, giggling. Willow was a girl from the Aphrodite cabin. She had light blue hair with gold ends, dark blue eyes, and she always wore dark dresses in different colors, like indigo or violet. She also had crystal earrings and blue slippers. Again, I didn’t quite trust her. But I trusted her with a prank. Just not the quest, if she tried. I didn’t trust Em, or even the boys with it, and I bet they didn’t trust me. I also bet it would take a while for me to fit in. “Celeste!” I hissed. “We’re gonna prank Chiron!” She rolled over to face me, but her hair looked frizzy, and she didn’t really look happy, and she looked bleary with tiredness. I guessed that she didn’t get much sleep. “Never mind.” I said, and she rolled over again. “Come on!” said Em. She had Willow and Alisha with her. “You didn’t want to wake up the boys?” I asked her. Em shrugged. “It should be just us.” The sun was beginning to rise, but it was still 3:46 in the morning. “We’d better hurry up, or Chiron will already be awake by the time we get there.”

Just then, Chiron busted through our door (not literally, that would be painful for the Hephaestus kids). “I..guess we’d better get to the quest stuff then?” Em suggested, as Celeste stumbled out of bed. “Sorry you didn’t get much sleep last night, Celeste, but you’ll need your strength.” Celeste gaped “You...You mean I’m going?” Chiron smiled. “Not just you, but Em, Alisha, Jamie, Willow, and…” Oliver cut him off. “Wait, can Jamie stay? I’ll be all alone.” Chiron smiled. “Of course. And to finish my list, Naomi.”


Alisha’s P.O.V

I could not believe I had been chosen. In all my years at Camp Half-Blood, I had never had such luck. Everyone really ignored each other. It was gloomy in the winter, when I stayed. Addison and Naomi were my best friends then. “Good luck.” Chiron’s voice rang into my thoughts. Naomi, Celeste, Em and Willow were ready. I quickly stood up from my seat on the ground, and scrambled to get next to Naomi, not acting like I was daydreaming or anything. Of all the children of Zeus, I was the most unfocused. Everyone teased me for that. But unlike the rest of the children of Zeus, after Thalia, I was his favorite. I guess that sorta made up for the unfocusedness. Anyways, I was super excited (I dunno why, there were monsters everywhere). “Can we go now?” Naomi asked Chiron. He nodded. “Whenever you’re ready.” I took off into the woods, Em and Willow close behind, and Naomi and Celeste trailing behind me. “So, what’s the plan?” I asked as soon as we came to a halt, breathing heavily. “I suppose we pass through each of the worlds, then go to Olympus and get our Oracle back?” Celeste suggested. Willow and Em nodded. “So… anyone know how to get to the first world?” Em asked. We all shook our heads. “Wait!” Celeste said. “I’ve heard that daughters of Zeus have special powers… do you think that could help us?” Willow snorted. “Every demigod has a special power.” We all sat down, and started to think. Suddenly, a bolt shot from Celeste’s lightning necklace, and lit a path through the forest. I stood up. “Let’s follow that path.”


Willow’s P.O.V

I carefully stepped through the branches, trying not to tear my dress. Celeste’s beam was bright, and it was lighting up the dress I was wearing. I had chosen my best dress for the journey: a dark, blue-black violet. Naturally, as a daughter of Aphrodite, I wanted to look my best at all times. But as we ventured on and on, I got a feeling of uneasiness. “I’m..gonna veer off the track a bit.” I told Em, who I was walking next to. She nodded and smiled. “Just… be careful, Willow. We can’t bear to lose you.” I smiled back at her, and walked away from the girls. A couple minutes later on the path I was following, I came across the Grove of Dodona. I entered, and used the Iris rainbow messaging system to get to who I was trying to call. “So…” the god said as soon as he popped up from the rainbow. “You have one minute. Talk.” I told him all about the quest and how I was chosen and all that. “Well, then.” he said. “Use your magic and put them off. Summon a chimera.” I hesitated. Chimeras could be brutally powerful, and my friends didn’t have many weapons. They were probably at the Wizarding World portal, though, by now, and if we wanted to beat them, we had to do it. Right now. I held my breath, and let the chihuahua appear. “Teleport to the Wizarding World portal.” I told it, and it disappeared into a shimmering fire. “Excellent.” the god told me. “See you and Addison soon…” he disappeared, and the rainbow mist turned off. 

I only hoped and prayed my friends would survive the attack of the Chimera.


April 04, 2021 15:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

32 comments

19:03 Apr 14, 2021

OMGG I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT PART I LOVE THE HARRY POTTRE SERIES AHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:07 Apr 14, 2021

Lol yesss I cant tell you when it will be out, I have to find a good prompt. Plus, I'm working on a novel which just got deleted and I have to start over agggghjndhefbrgvbehdnwjhbf *Stares at computer wanting to punch Google Docs* Lol sorry I HATE GOOGLE DOCS NOW!!! :) :) :) :| :) :)

Reply

19:16 Apr 14, 2021

LOLL no worries take your time im just really exited :))))) Iol google docs can be the worst lol.

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:21 Apr 14, 2021

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :) :) :) I willl

Reply

Grace Jackson
11:35 Jun 30, 2021

i agree! i HATE google docs. i wrote a story about you and lucca and how we became friends. then when i was about to write THE END it deleted it all!! ARGGHHH!!! *wants to throw the computer* well bye and i'll miss ya Starlight

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

AAHHHHHH GREATTTTTTT PLEASE BLESS ME WITH WISDOM< ATHENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
18:28 Apr 04, 2021

Lollll I'm not Athena or her daughter in real life but you just gave me an idea thank youuuu

Reply

I KNOW BUT IN THE STORYYYYY WAIT WHAT REALLY OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Vera Vuscoe
15:53 Apr 04, 2021

Thanks so much to Devaki, Amethyst, Em, Arya, and Celeste for doing the form! Without you guys, this wouldn't have been possible! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reply

18:58 Apr 14, 2021

No problemm <333 and this was amazinggggg

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:00 Apr 04, 2021

No, Thak you for giving us this oppurtunity! This story is flawless!

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
18:15 Apr 04, 2021

Thank you that is like the best thing anyone has ever said to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply

18:25 Apr 04, 2021

YOUR STORIES ARE BREATHTAKING!!!!!! (Don't let anyone tell you otherwise)

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
18:29 Apr 04, 2021

Okay I won't the only person who does is myself

Reply

00:07 Apr 05, 2021

=)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:20 Apr 04, 2021

nppp you wrote it very well ;)))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
21:20 Apr 04, 2021

a WOW 1. GRATE JOB 🧀🧀🧀 2. The descriptions were wonderful :) 3. PORTAL TO THE WIZARDING WORLD LETS GOOOOOOOO HARRY RON AND HERMIONE HERE I COMEEEEEE- oop lol XD 4. lmk when the next part comes out :] I LOVED THIS!!!!!! <33 ~ Amethyst

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
21:35 Apr 04, 2021

Thanks sooo much! 1. This is my best story so far out of all of them 2. I tend to be good descriptions 3. YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!! 4. of course! Thanks!!!!!! - Starlight

Reply

21:37 Apr 04, 2021

np! 1. :) 2. good thing, I absolutely do NOT XD 3. YASSSSSSSSSS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO- 4. :D

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
21:39 Apr 04, 2021

1. :) 2. I can help if you need 3. :D 4. :D

Reply

21:42 Apr 04, 2021

2. I'd like some tips :) In my story 'Rainbow Memories', I had to describe a lot anddddd I don't know if it exactly worked lol

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
22:00 Apr 04, 2021

You could picture your character in your head, and then focus on a lot of little details, or you could use people you know for inspiration, like for Naomi, I used my friend Hadley.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:14 Apr 04, 2021

A WIZARDING WORLD PORTALLLLLLL I need one LOL Do you have pinterest?

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
17:22 Apr 04, 2021

Lol no I'm in fourth grade, sorry, but I am glad you liked it :)

Reply

17:25 Apr 04, 2021

Oh. Well, if you get it, my account is Solar Elf.

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
17:29 Apr 04, 2021

Okay!

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
17:30 Apr 04, 2021

If you want to try, I used a really cool site to make my profile picture, you can try it: http://weavesilk.com/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.