64 comments

Bedtime Sad Mystery

The dumb spiders were crying in a dilapidated house. Suddenly, the raindrops with the heavy wind were alike fighting with the earth. A six-month pregnant woman was fighting for survival like the deer which was caught by the four hunters.

The new saying resuscitated in her life...

“Having a pregnant woman for lust is a simple thing when the giants rape the four years child".

The chaste woman was approaching death by the four youngsters who were sunk in the drugs.

‘Arun, Enough let’s let her, she can bear no more.’

‘Joseph, the girl who is caught in the hand of boys like us who have the sovereignty is the machine to feed for our sexual appetite.

‘Not for that dude, it’s awful to see her that’s why I said, otherwise no problem, you just enjoy.

She was dying cell by cell like the goat ensnared in the knife of butcher. The face of the baby in her womb appeared like an angel in her eyes. Her hear spoke with a breath. That is heard in the baby’s ear.

Baby, forgive your Mom, The god, who gave the blessedness to carry in my womb, didn’t give the boon to live lifelong as carrying you in my heart. I believed that your smile is my life. That man I married abandoned me, now these men are drinking my soul as an absorbed trickle. My baby, I couldn’t bear this, your Mom couldn’t bear this.

Fate caught her soul like the mirage. Even she was dead that giants were having sex with her body.

Before the dawn, they let her there and left by their car for seeking another body for lust.

She was sleeping eternally in the dilapidated house as the oasis becomes desert.

The dumb spiders and the unarmed raindrops were crying yet.

****

Summer holidays, the vehicles started the journey towards the cool places. Arun and his friends were waiting with a keen for the next day at the road.

‘Kumar, have you bought the drinks, pickle and side dish?

‘Those are a perfectly ready dude, but still, we didn’t find a girl da! It has been long days that we hunted together.’

‘Let’s have a college girl tonight. What do you say, Joseph?

‘Yah Arun! That girl we had last month in that dilapidated house is a super figure da.’

‘Ha... You didn’t forget that still now.... ‘That three were laughing happily.

The evening sky marched and was ready for the dot decorating competition.

Suddenly, Kumar’s phone rang unexpectedly too.

Hello...

He was shocked by the words told at the end of the phone. He stunned.

They asked ‘Kumar what happened?” Kumar couldn’t hear what they asked him. Joseph holds up his shoulders.

Kumar's eyes were filled with sorrow. Tears peeped over the eyelid. He was stuttering.

Our Basith (weeping choked his throat)

Yes, Our Basith, what is for that?

Our Basith has passed away. He has gone.

Arun also stood up from the seat with traumas.

How? What happened to him?

He has hanged himself in his room.

They have reached Basith's house quickly than their agitation.

They were broken like the chips because of the death of their friend who was with them together.

The whole village attended his funeral because he was a rich boy.

The squirts were finished, momentarily the huge crowd converged saying consolation to Basith's family.

Finally, his friends also left from there.

The lip of the lady who bus crutch was raising hands, talked with the lord.

‘Ya Allah you have punished the sinners who destroyed my granddaughter, Ya Rab punish the remaining sins like this.’

 ****

Car was in the journey carrying the minds that couldn’t bear the separation of the friend.

The reticence is the lenitive music in the car.

`Arun...’

‘Joseph, what? ‘Ask me without hesitation’

‘Don’t mistake me.'

‘Hey, when did I have mistaken you?’

‘Again, I tell you to ask me without hesitation.

Kumar's ears also were ready to listen.

‘Do you believe the ghost, devil, and spirit?

‘Why do you ask this?’

‘First, you tell me then I’ll explain you.’

‘Dude, devil, and ghosts are unreal matters.

Those are many people’s illusion and hallucinations that are all.

‘Arun, Basith didn’t hang himself'.

Kumar stopped the car suddenly.

'Arun, what does he mean now? Joseph

What happened to you? Even we haven't drink now. Then why are blabbering? '

‘Kumar, Don't get angry! Just listen to him. You just drive the car.

No...

Kumar agreed to Arun's words.

'Joseph, tell us whatever you think'

'Arun, I mean....'

When he started to say he got shivering Arun touched his shoulders.

'Hey, I am with you tell me boldly’

'When we entered Basith's room, I saw a doll there.'

'What do you mean a doll in Basith's room? I'll believe if you say that there was a girl in his room, doll... clod... Don't relate Alibaba story. '

'Kumar, don't interact, first listen to him what he is going to say. Okay

'Arun, okay. I won't talk any more.

Now tell us.

'I looked closely that doll... there ... there... ( Arun hold up his shoulders) My name was written in blood. I asked Basith's mother about that doll, she asked me which doll.

When I turn to show her, the doll was not there. '

'So that ghost is going to kill you too.' (Kumar again interacted)

'It's okay if it kills me, but... After we buried Basith's body, I saw Kumar's name in that Meezan stone...

'Why are you crying? '

'Kumar's name was written there.'

Again the reticence was the music in that car.

'Kumar... last month.... that dilapidated house, we raped a girl (continued with no end)

'Yeah... what's for that? '

When we were with her, she was dead, not only that, now she is looking at both of you.'

The value of death showed fear in the eyes. When Arun's eyes looked at Kumar, the death of Basith has appeared like a short film behind the backside of him.

Kumar laughed ghastly in the front seat.

‘Kumar, what happened da....?

'Hey.... sinners... I am not Kumar. Somehow I am also your partner. I am that chaste woman's husband. Her spirit killed me first, later Basith, then Kumar...

'What are you blabbering? '

'Yes, your friend is no more...

'Have you drunken?’

(Again that drastic laugh) 'Now your Joseph is going to die without knowing this ...'

The car door of the seat side where Arun seated, was opened and threw him,

Arun couldn't get up from there.

He was floundering because of the strong contuse in his chest; the car was burned in a fire.

The car crashed at the rock.

****

Science world was watching Arun surprisingly Arun departed from his friends and now living isolated, he was given a penalty that had never given to anybody there before by God.

Now, Arun is three months pregnant, because of the curse of a chaste woman.

The eon admired about him. After losing his relations and properties he realized what is really a life...

He was rejected without a dwelling, now his luxurious mansion and palace is that dilapidated house where they tasted the dead body of the chaste woman...

Day by day his stomach has grown big in size.

Even he couldn't commit suicide, his thoughts and activities were tied by the curses of a chaste woman...

'Oh, chaste! Please kill me! I could bear this no more.'

He begs for his death, suffered more than a hundred thousand times thinking his fault. The chaste woman arose before his eyes. She carried a doll also. When he saw her, he melted like a candle...

'Anna (brother) please doesn’t weep’

The heart does its work

A spurt of tear overflowing as the sea.

'I am a sinner, who destroyed you, but still, you call me as your brother ...'

'Anna...! God has given the punishment rather than your sin.'

'Yes completed three months today. After seven months will I get free?'

'No.....' Arun was frozen with eerie. She related continuously.

'Medical world says that you are conceived now, that's not true. According to fate, you should have died in that car accident, but god will increase the shape of the womb till the end of an eon.'

He didn't know to reply to the words of chaste woman, he measured the answer by eyes.

'Hereafter, it is the retribution to men, who destroy the women not only that, all of your friends will join with you in the vault of heaven.'

'The reserved time from God for me is  over

A chaste woman disappeared like dew, leaped up in the flower.

Arun's heart accepted the penalty as penance, realizing the mindset of a woman entirely.

Time passed ten o'clock, usually, the road seems crowded, and today it’s depleted.

After the college, Arun's sister Nithya was going home, in the rain as she couldn't get the bus.

Her wetted dress showed her body parts as beautiful paintings. Whilst, Varun and his three friends bowed down heads, which had come in bail and was arrested in the rape case.

Nithya crossed that place with afraid of her chastity, as she has seen their faces, viral in newspaper and televisions.

Today, Varun and his friends are one month pregnant, because of the help for someone's sin.

****

June 15, 2021 04:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

64 comments

Marie Bishop
21:04 Jun 20, 2021

Nope. sorry I barely understood this. And I'm wondering why it didn't have a TW for the mention of rape. Beginning to think having many social media fans is the only way to get noticed.

Reply

Rayhan Hidayat
22:03 Jun 24, 2021

Perhaps, but social media fans will never post honest critique! People on Reedsy will, just ask 🙂

Reply

Marie Bishop
20:35 Jun 25, 2021

I am happy to post a critique on any one works, but saying this was understandable is damaging to any writer if they are wanting to improve their craft. I have been doing this a LONG time, and you learn by listening and learning from others. Always and never by empty flattery. It's like your mum telling you, you are good. Lovely but not that helpful in this situation

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:59 Jul 28, 2021

Dear Friend's, Thorns never hurt roses. Roses also do not hate thorns; I would like to express my humble thanks to my dear friends who spent valuable time reading this story. Like a goldfish collecting memories in a sweet river waiting for the shower of every writer’s imagination. The shower here is a compliment. Means the sun waits for the earth until the moon is asleep; The light that the moon immersed in the sky until the sun fell asleep. Countless stories are poured into the memory of every human being on the path of finding where life ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Farwin Hameed
07:50 Jun 18, 2021

First a best salute to the writer. It's something different and quite interesting. Unique type of imagination which states a better punishment, it hits rather than a death penalty at the same time gives a moral to the society. These kind of putrid culprits mentioned in the story are poison to the whole society. From a young girl to old lady everyone require safety. This situation was created by rude and cruel featured men. Those type of men should understand the tort they do other women will come in the shape brutality or revenge by fate t...

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
16:19 Jun 18, 2021

It's Valuable Comment Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cathryn V
18:07 Jun 19, 2021

hi Mohamed, I can see that you put a lot of work into this story. Good job on writing and submitting! I had trouble understanding much of the action. maybe next time have someone help to write in English so your story is clear?

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:45 Jul 28, 2021

My humble thanks to a dear friend who gave me a pleasant comment. Many places are incomprehensible to many because I want to bring a different culture into the story. I will try to write even better in the future. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:02 Jun 17, 2021

Sadism isn't my piece of cake, so I never really go much into it. But I must say that I like the plot here. The far-fetched and beyond believing locales add more to it. My suggestion is that you should try developing the story with descriptions and imagery rather that dialogues. And I found a few errors then and there. A re-read might help you with that.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
05:47 Jun 18, 2021

Great Pleasure! I will try what you say in future stories. Thank You So Much Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jay Luuu
03:00 Jun 19, 2021

Interesting story. Totally one of the stranger ones I've read. I like how you depicted the struggles of women but i think you could do some more improving on your english writing. I got confused in some parts of the story. I'm not sure if you wrote this in another language and just google translated it or the website just auto translated it for you. But yeah, nice story. Just keep improving that english! —JLU

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:42 Jul 28, 2021

My heartfelt thanks to the dear heart who set aside your precious time and read my short story. I will try to correct the errors in the future and write better as you said; I think effort is life. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ananya Voss
21:23 Aug 24, 2021

Yes that may be the case here, perhaps Urdu to English. It's lost at times in translation, but poetic none the less.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Ripple Life
16:39 Jun 18, 2021

Oh my god, what a story! I hope people realize this and change their mentality. Of course this story leaves a strong message yet I think girls should be made strong not only by them but every human being so that they can fight for themselves and give punishments to sinners on earth itself not after they are dead.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:40 Jul 28, 2021

Dear Friend, It's Valuable Comment. The woman is tormented in the eyes of men who have forgotten that she is the wonder of the Lord from mother to daughter. The changes of the times make life boring on this earth, the path of life without conscience. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Karen Lethlean
00:50 Jun 24, 2021

While I enjoyed the image of spiders crying, I found much about this story difficult to follow. Seems plurals are missing, perhaps a technique, but I am afraid it didn't make much sense to me. Did I miss something, who are the Gods? who are the Giants? The sections after separating asterisks made it difficult for me to connect the pieces.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:36 Jul 28, 2021

Dear Friend, My best regards to the friend who read this story written to compare time with some realities of how a woman's thoughts are defeated and she incarnates to avenge sinners on earth after she was raped and died. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Dhevalence .
06:34 Jun 22, 2021

Thank you for liking my stories, so appreciated. You have great imagination. Always an asset as a writer. We all wish we had that. English is a complicated language. But don't worry, we are all learning a little each day. Just keep writing, you have great skill

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:32 Jul 28, 2021

It's Valuable Comment; I humbly give love before the love of an unfamiliar friend. In the course of time every human being takes something in hand for a living. I hold the writing tightly for life; I will definitely try better in the future. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Dhevalence .
07:59 Jul 28, 2021

Thank you so much. To be regarded as a friend is the most valuable gift, ever.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhevalence .
07:59 Jul 28, 2021

Thank you so much. To be regarded as a friend is the most valuable gift, ever.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
John Walsh
19:11 Jun 18, 2021

Good use of stream of consciousness (surrealism?) to tell a story of tragedy and ghostly revenge.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:33 Jul 28, 2021

Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Viga Boland
13:54 Apr 27, 2023

Thanks for visiting my page, Mohamed. It appears writing in English is difficult for you, but despite that, I got the gist of your story. I applaud your effort to make a bold statement about the deplorable status of women at the hands of entitled, misogynistic men. Well done.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Martin Ross
19:07 Mar 16, 2023

This is staggering, shattering work. Your blend of the violent and atrocious, the tragically naturalistic, and the metaphysical is masterful, and the perpetrators’ fates provided a far more powerful statement on class hatred, misogyny, and sexual abuse than a more bloody, visceral “justice.” Have you published at novel length yet? I’ll look for all of your works.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yulia Ivashkova
22:21 Oct 01, 2021

I could only hope the horrible deeds would be punished like in the story. Most often they don't.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
05:06 Oct 10, 2021

Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Gip Roberts
20:25 Jun 24, 2021

The story has a good moral lesson, and I like the poetry style you chose with the verse-like paragraphs. I'm looking forward to your next one.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:15 Jul 28, 2021

It's Valuable Comment Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kaylee Umstead
21:05 Jun 23, 2021

Hi Mohamed! I like your story. Its fascinating! Your hook was a little bland, next time try to explain the exposition in greater detail, but still understandable to the reader.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:33 Jul 28, 2021

I will definitely try better in the future. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Alun Williams
13:04 Jun 23, 2021

Wasn't too enamoured with this I'm afraid. It lost me in places so I found it didn't flow smoothly.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:29 Jul 28, 2021

Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Richard Hawkins
20:53 Jun 22, 2021

demons like a plague you story is

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:28 Jul 28, 2021

I have constructed the realities of this story as if the thoughts of a woman who had been raped and murdered were evaporating. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Larry Rhoton
13:16 Jun 21, 2021

Different, unique, and quiet interesting. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:22 Jul 28, 2021

Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pius Adeleye
21:35 Jun 20, 2021

Fantastic!!!

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:21 Jul 28, 2021

Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ola Hotchpotch
08:45 Jun 20, 2021

The story seems like the remake of 'mummie' returns' movie. The 'mummie' was buried alive 'in a box. It was engraved on the box ' Whoever opens this box beware ' . The archaeologists open and strange insects come out of the box and disappear into thin air.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:26 Jul 28, 2021

The "Mummy" movie you mention is a remake of a great fantasy. We love fictional characters so much because human life is full of magic and mysteries. My best regards for your kind reading and gifted comment. Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wilson Howard
05:05 Jun 20, 2021

Men like them don't deserve to get pregnant, that's why God does not punish them like this. Pregnancy is a beautiful experience no man like him can have it. If there is really a punishment then this is revenge, harassment which only a victim can decide. Anyways, good style of writing.

Reply

Mohamed Sarfan
07:21 Jul 28, 2021

It's Valuable Comment Great Pleasure! Thank You So Much My Dear Friend!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.