Aqua's Squad {Part 102}

Submitted into Contest #101 in response to: Write a story in which the same line recurs three times.... view prompt

134 comments

Adventure Drama Fiction

{THIS IS THE FIRST STORY SUBMITTED FOR THIS CONTEST! I AM SO HAPPY!!!}



"WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?"




"I don't know. She just left."




"WHAT did she give me?"




"I'm pretty sure you mean, US, Doc." Taina said.




"Yeah, yeah. What did she give us?"




Alec said, "No idea. Any of you feeling dizzy?"




"I am."




"Me too." Kiara spoke up.




Slowly, everyone in the room was sleeping soundly, like babies. Aqua came in again. Ready to teleport these people to THE LAB.




She called in to her partner in crime, Milan. She was ready with the ropes and chairs. Quickly, she swooshed her arm and a everyone was seated on a chair.




With a swish of her own hand, Aqua tied the rope around everyone and got ready for the transportation.




~~~~~~~~~~~




The new supers woke up. They were all in a room, different from the previous one. Looking at each other, they spoke, all at once.




Doctor Harsh said, "What am I doing here? I need to be in my clinic. My patients need me."




"Again, doc. You're not the only one who's here. We're here too. We too have been brought here without our consent." Taina corrected him, yet again.






"I think this is a prank." Alec guessed.




"No, I think this is some serious matter." Itachi was now officially the calmest, the most sensible person in the group. Sometimes, your calm or knowledge can't help to crack everything.




Suddenly, another girl entered the room. Everyone immediately noted that it was not Aqua, the girl who brought them here. It was someone else, someone new.




Or not.




It was Red Cardinal. The Super. The one who saved the world from possible doom, back in her day. Well, it was her day even now. She was the super, superstar. Over the years, she hadn't changed, or aged, even a day. She could transform herself from human to bird and back, in the blink of an eye.




"Hello, all." She said, in a regal voice of an angel.




There was a long pause, suddenly, Kiara said, "H-Hello, Red Cardinal."




"Oh please! Just call me Opal."




"O-Opal?"




"Yes, that's my name."




"Your real name?"




"Yes. Now, come on. Spit-spot!"




Everyone got up, compelled to follow Red, or Opal, as they now knew.




They were led by the Super to a hall. It was beautiful. Everyone was awestruck.




"Hello again. Oh sorry, you guys didn't see me. You all were sleeping. I am Milan. I am friends with Aqua and am here to welcome to the Royal Retreat."




"T-The Royal Re-Retreat?" Doctor Harsh was sure in surprise. Even he was stammering.




"Yes, doctor. This is the Royal Retreat. This is where you all will be training." Aqua said, joining up with the others.




"You! You're the one who brought us here." The doctor continued.




"US, doctor how many times should I tell you? US. She brought us."


Taina was so used to correct the doctor now, that she barely noticed that the doc was correct this time.




"Taina, the doctor said 'us' this time." Itachi said.




"Oh no, I don't think so. I very well heard that he said 'me'."




"No he didn't, he said 'us'." Kiara joined in.





Aqua was furious. Shouting at the top of her voice, she said, "STOP EVERYONE! This is important. You all need to stop acting like little kids and start acting mature. This is a very serious matter."




"Okay, we will. But of you tell us what is it?" Alec asked.




"Please. Take a seat. This will take some time to digest." Opal said.



"Okay. So as you all know and see, that we have the legend, the Super, Red Cardinal with us. Actually, she has a big part in this. I'll let her explain this. Then, Milan will take over and talk to you all personally." Aqua procured a talking stick out of thin air and then handed it over to Opal.



"Basically, the world is doomed. We have been receiving threats from the extra-terrestrial creatures that they are planning an attack on us soon."



Kiara was too surprised to be shy, she said, "Whoa! This is information overload. Did you just say, extra-terrestrial?"



“Yes Kiara, extra-terrestrial.”



“I don’t think I understand it completely. Please elaborate.” Doctor Harsh was definitely in a bind.



“Okay, so you know aliens? We’ve been in contact with them ever since the abnormal attacks in the 80’s. And they, they have reportedly gone rogue.”



“Whoa! THAT is a lot to digest.” Palak said. It was the first time that day after they had regained conscious that everyone heard her speak.



“Yes. Now, we have chosen all of you from this country and there will be a few more who will be joining you guys soon. This is a secret operation and no-one should know about it, okay?”



Everyone nodded. Coming from a super, everyone KNEW that the information just forwarded to them was legit and was not a prank, even Doctor Harsh was convinced.



“Now,” Milan added. “I am going to tell each one of you your powers. Most of you already know about it, subconciously, but some might not know. Let’s start with you, Palak. You have been given the power of Cytokinesis. This means that you can create new cells. In short, you can give birth to new life forms.”


“And destroy them too?” Palak asked.



“Sure, but let’s not get to that.” Milan was worried if Aqua had chosen the right person.



“Next we have, Itachi.”



“Yes ma’am.”



“Please, just call me Milan. You have the power to read people’s minds and control them too.”



“And he gets the cool power!” Palak said, agitated.



“Now, now, Palak, we must not get too emotional here.” Opal tutted her.


“Coming up, Doctor Harsh.”



“I was waiting for my turn, I am very excited for this.”



“Doctor Harsh, you are more of a healer.”



“That I am.”



“Please, let me continue. You can perform surgeries in the minds of the people and can control the politicians of the world too.”



“He too gets the cool powers! AND HE IS A DOCTOR!!!” Palak was quite angry now, or rather, hangry.



“Let’s continue. Next in line, we have Taina.”



“I’m here.”



“I can see that. You can talk to animals. And not just animals, you can talk to birds, plants, basically anything living.”



Palak adds under her breath, “Birds are ANIMALS only.” But no one heard it, and even if they did, they decided to ignore her.


“Alec, you are having the power of a 100 percent accurate aim. Arrows, spearheads, bullets, basketballs, anything and everything humans can throw, you can aim.”



Palak was filled with joy, “Finally! Someone with a weirder power than mine!!!”



“They can be handy at times too. I am really happy for that.” Alec, was happy for his powers.



“Yeah. We must have a positive attitude towards everything. Finally, we have Kiara. You can become invisible.”


“INVISIBILITY! THE BEST SUPERPOWER ONE CAN GET! I am ecstatic.” Kiara was jumping with joy.


“Really? She wasn’t even invited here and she gets one of the best powers IN THE WORLD!?” Palak was over-annoyed at this point.



“Now that everyone’s power is known to everyone, let’s begin the training.” Aqua said. She had gone to the equipment room to get the necessary items and had set up the training area for the new supers.



“Follow me, everyone. This is going to be a sweet show!” Aqua was confident and that was clearly shown in the way she walked and talked. After all, having a sister like Opal and a best friend like Milan had its perks.



She led all of them to an elaborate training room. It had all the gym equipment and the extra things required to turn a mere human into a super human.


“うわあ!それはすごいです!” Itachi was speechless, but he managed to utter these words in Japanese. Everyone looked at him and were thinking the same thing as him, in their native tongues.


"वाह! यह कमाल है!”


“Whoa! That is awesome!”


“Ouah ! C'est génial !”


“Wow! This is amazing!”


“I can’t believe my eyes."


“शानदार!”


 [Thank you everyone who participated and sent me the characters. Now, to reveal the names of the people who gave me these awesome characters:

AQUA ~ This one is made by yours truly ;)

PALAK ~ Palak Shah {https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/palak-shah/}

TAINA ~ Wolf Warrior {https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/wolf-warrior-e4a694/}

DR. HARSH ~ Anonymous 

ITACHI ~ Anonymous (real life friend)

KIARA ~ Keya M. {https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/keya-m/}

ALEC ~ Dako-Bear {https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/dfb8d8/}

MILAN ~ Anonmyous {Real Life Best Friend}

OPAL ~ Anonymous {Someone from Reedsy who wishes to remain anonymous}]






July 02, 2021 14:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

134 comments

Toben Miller
12:07 Jul 15, 2021

cool! The fantasy just got even deeper... magical tea, superheroes, aliens- I like it, its sort of like a mix of fantasy! I'm curious to see where you go with this series, are the characters all superheroes in the making? is aqua raising an army? who are these rouge aliens? Good job Dhwani, very creative!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
02:47 Jul 16, 2021

Thanks a lot Toben! Me too! Even I haven't thought of its next part yet!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
02:47 Jul 16, 2021

Thanks a lot Toben! Me too! Even I haven't thought of its next part yet!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
02:48 Jul 16, 2021

Thanks a lot Toben! Me too! Even I haven't thought of its next part yet! You are very inquisitive with these questions!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 4 replies
K. Collin
18:31 Jul 09, 2021

I loved the story. I really liked the idea where you combined names from different origins (i too wanted to try that too but was afraid people would find it confusing.but now that I've read yours It definitely gave me lots of motivation to do so. Thanks 😊) and also the way you have built up their very captivating personalities, it's totally amazing. One thing I don't understand is that how they were so okay and accepting with the fact that someone abducted them and experimented on them ?? Yani (urdu/hindi word.you can understand that right?...

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:44 Jul 10, 2021

Thanks Sameema! Yeah, I saw a lot of people here on Reedsy doing the same thing, so I decided to give it a try. I feel really good to have motivated you too. Aw! Um, did you read the first part of the story? If not, then do so and then re-read this part. You'll understand why :) Also, they were so nonchalant about this because a Super broke the news to them. It was someone they trusted. So, yeah. But sure, I'll try to include more reactions as well. Thanks! It actually is a series I am working on. Maybe I'll post another part this week....

Reply

K. Collin
12:12 Jul 10, 2021

No I didn't know there was a prequel to this. I'll surely check it out.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
13:22 Jul 10, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
K. Collin
12:12 Jul 10, 2021

No I didn't know there was a prequel to this. I'll surely check it out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Dhwani Jain
10:27 Aug 19, 2021

New story! If you like this one, you'll LOVE that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

oml, such a colorful emoji filled bio. loved it. a lot of emojis, too. also, you japanese? (idk is that how you spell it?) loved the story btw, *chef's kiss*

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:00 Jul 04, 2021

Thanks! I LOVE emojis to Pluto and back a hundred million times....they're just so cute and self-explanatory.... No....Why would you think that? Although, I must say you were very close in the continent section. Where are you from? Thanks for going on the 'liking spree' and liking all my stories!!! Thanks!!! *performer's bow*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
10:27 Aug 19, 2021

New story! If you like this one, you'll LOVE that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
15:18 Jul 03, 2021

I love your new bio! And the story- the plot is definitely building! And Disney is awesome! I have watched the live-action Aladdin more times than I can count (Although, if I had to guess, I would say somewhere between ten and twenty times). I actually like it more than the original cartoon version. Naomi Scott did such an amazing job as Jasmine. And I totally understand being able to rant about Disney lol. I also love Tangled, Frozen, Moana, and Mulan. :)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
04:57 Jul 04, 2021

Thanks and thanks! Yeah, right? I HATE the live-action Mulan version. I can literally write a 10,000 (ok, not 10,000, but you get the idea) word essay on it. Also, I think we should post the story today?

Reply

14:02 Jul 04, 2021

I haven't seen the live action Mulan yet. And sure- we can post it!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
14:04 Jul 04, 2021

Come to the doc!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
10:27 Aug 19, 2021

New story! If you like this one, you'll LOVE that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
TJ Squared
13:15 Jul 03, 2021

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰...

Reply

Dhwani Jain
14:18 Jul 03, 2021

Maybe, maybe not ;) Thanks for reading it out!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
14:18 Jul 03, 2021

Well, what do you wanna talk about?

Reply

TJ Squared
14:26 Jul 03, 2021

XDDD ofc :D hmmm fav drink?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
14:50 Jul 03, 2021

THAT IS A VERY WEIRD QUESTION. I think I'll safely say milkshakes, or in soft drinks: Fanta. wby?

Reply

TJ Squared
15:10 Jul 03, 2021

XD plenty more ‘weird questions’ on the way XD Ooh yeah milkshakes are good. I like either 7up, Dr. Pepper, or huckleberry milkshakes yummmmmm Have you ever visited somewhere outside of your home country? If so, where?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
04:55 Jul 04, 2021

Huckleberry? What's that? No, unfortunately I've never had a chance to do so...What about you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
17:02 Jul 05, 2021

it's okay lol most interesting hair cut? Idk, don't really have one...wbu?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:03 Jul 05, 2021

Um, I'd say, a BOYCUT! My aunt asked the barber to cut short my cousin's hair and he accidently cut my hair in the same way...Oh the shame!!!

Reply

TJ Squared
17:08 Jul 05, 2021

oof. I guess that's the thing, I don't really cut my hair in styles so yeah XD

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:09 Jul 05, 2021

Okay...Lucky you! I don't believe that you were born in the same month as me!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
15:24 Jul 06, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Show 2 replies
Palak Shah
17:27 Jul 02, 2021

Nice, I love the way that you have built up the plot and written the story :))

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:58 Jul 03, 2021

Thanks Palak! =D

Reply

Palak Shah
09:07 Jul 03, 2021

:))))

Reply

Dhwani Jain
09:31 Jul 03, 2021

=D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
16:23 Jul 02, 2021

Great second part!!!! The plot is definitely building now, and it’s great!!! Can’t wait for the third!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:24 Jul 02, 2021

Yeah, me too! It will be here when the idea strikes. Any mistakes you found? I wrote it all in an hour and a half or so, please do tell if you find anything missing/wrong. Thanks!!!

Reply

TJ Squared
17:04 Jul 02, 2021

I don’t think I found any thing :) Np :D

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:05 Jul 02, 2021

Merci! Anything new recently?

Reply

TJ Squared
17:08 Jul 02, 2021

:) Nothin much, slept in a tent for a few night lol hbu?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:13 Jul 02, 2021

Oh! I have never done that. I am planning to sleep soundly and late tonight...it's Friday, so I can finally enjoy the week-end.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
10:27 Aug 19, 2021

New story! If you like this one, you'll LOVE that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.