Once upon a time, the chef Mr. Robinson prepared fufu with goat light soup for the Chief including Banana milk drink as dessert.

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Write about a character preparing a meal for somebody else.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Fantasy

Once upon a time, the chef Mr. Robinson prepared fufu with goat light soup for the Chief including Banana milk drink as dessert.

Mr. Robinson the chef of the Restaurant who normally prepares food for the chiefs within the country actually prepared meals for all the chiefs within the country. Also Mr. Robinson the Chef actually prepared fufu and goat light soup for the chief within his neighbourhood. Mr. Robinson the chef prepared fufu and goat light soup for the chief as his main meal. Also, the ingredients he used in preparing his meal of fufu with goat light soup includes fresh mutton, blended onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, plantain, pepper, garden eggs, beef seasoning, salt and also cassava.

In addition, Mr. Robinson the Chef prepared fufu and goat light soup as the main meal for the chief, he also prepared banana milk drink as dessert as part of the meal. Robinson the chef prepared the meal of fufu and goat light soup by cutting meat into desirable sizes and amount by washing it into a saucepan. Again, the chef Mr. Robinson also blended onion, garlic, and ginger when preparing the goat light soup. The Chef Mr. Robinson then added salt to season the food, he added small water and allowed it to steam for about five to ten minutes. Also, the Chef Mr. Robinson boiled pepper, garden eggs and tomatoes for the preparation of the goat light soup. The Chef Mr. Robinson blended all the skin of the vegetables and peeled it off and later strained it. The Chef Mr. Robinson poured the mixture into the saucepan containing the meat by adding more water depending on the thickness or mixture that you may want entirely. Again Mr. Robinson the chef allowed the soup that is the goat light soup to cook twenty-five minutes. The Chef Mr. Robinson later peeled the cassava and then cut it into desired sizes.

The Chef Mr. Robinson placed cassava in a pot, he then added enough water to cover the cassava to boil on fire for the food to be properly cooked. The chef Mr. Robinson then drained off the water and kept the pot covered to also retain the heat. In addition, the Chef Mr. Robinson placed hot boiled pieces of cassava into the mortar once at a time and the Chef pounded the boiled cassava into fluffy powdery mass before adding the next piece to the meal. Also, the pieces of cassava were added by the Chef Mr. Robinson to turn cassava into fufu by pounding. The Chef Mr. Robinson later used his hand movements with the aid of pestle hits to form some sort of tock rhythm of fufu. Again, when the cassava mass was sticky, Mr. Robinson the Chef then boiled plantain and added it to the cassava mass, in order to prepare fufu. Fufu was prepared until it was really soft in that instant, he kept pounding till he got the desired softness of fufu.

Later on, Mr. Robinson the Chef served the meal of fufu and goat light soup to the chief and his elders. Again Mr. Robinson the chef prepared Banana milk drink as dessert for the chief to eat after meals. The ingredients Mr. Robinson the Chef used in preparing for the Banana milk drink includes one large ripe banana, one cup of milk, two teaspoon sugar, half teaspoon vanilla extracts with a dash of ground cinnamon.

The Chef Mr. Robinson prepared the Banana milk drink by adding banana, milk, sugar and vanilla extract to also blend. Mr. Robinson the chef then continued to blend the ingredients of banana, milk, two teaspoon sugar, half teaspoon vanilla extracts with a dash ground cinnamon, until it was smooth. Then the chef Mr. Robinson poured the mixture of banana milk drink into a glass by sprinkling it with cinnamon. Mr. Robinson the chef then served the banana milk drink as dessert to the chief as part of the meal. Mr. Robinson the chef also cut plantain into pieces and added pepper to it. He then fried them to prepare kelewele by deep frying. It was kelewele which was served to the chief and his wife as supper after meals. The children of the chief also like kelewele and ate together with the chief.

Sometimes Mr. Robinson also prepares foreign dishes and breakfast for the chief and his wives. He prepares tea, porridge, oats with fried eggs and brown bread with margarine, jam and cheese as the main breakfast for the chiefs and their wives. At other times he also prepares jollof rice with chicken and salad including spaghetti for the chiefs and their wives. Also, during meal times, he often than not gives them icecream and biscuits including doughnuts with cake. He also serves them with local drinks such as soobolo, Vita milk, Pepsi, Malt and Coca Cola as refreshment after meals especially during lunch hours.

Mr. Robinson also prepared Shito for the chiefs wives. The ingredients that Mr. Robinson used in preparing Shito includes cooking oil, half cup of powdered pepper, six table spoon powdered fish, three large onions, one sachet of tomato paste and onion. Also Mr. Robinson, the chef engaged in the preparation of Shito. During the preparation of Shito Mr. Robinson the chef heated oil in a saucepan over medium heat. The chef Mr. Robinson blended onions and stirred in the oil. In addition, Mr. Robinson the chef added powdered pepper, tomato paste and stirred it.

Later Mr. Robinson the chef after ten minutes added fish powder, powdered shrimps and kept stirring. Mr. Robinson also added salt to taste in preparing the shito. As observed the shito that is the mixture will turn brown after ten minutes of heating it on fire for it to cook.

Lastly Mr. Robinson the chef put out the fire and then made it to cool down. Mr. Robinson finally dished out the shito into a glass bowl to be given to the chief’s wives they were placed inside a basket and covered with a napkin.

June 28, 2021 20:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.