Want Is a Cruel, Cruel Mistress

Written in response to: Start your story with someone being forbidden from doing something.... view prompt

12 comments

Fantasy Fiction Funny

Want. Roughly, she handcuffs me to the bed and then tortures me with temptation before forcing me to say it yet again, “I want this, and I want that, and I want most of all what I can’t have.” Her cat o’ nine tails whip and flails my exposed naked flesh as she laughs out loud with every lash, and each time she tells me repeatedly that I can’t have whatever it was I had wanted and had pleaded for. Wave after rough wave of disgust permeates my very soul as she pushes the often-sucked toe of a dirty, stiletto-heeled thigh-high boot between my lips until it’s inside my mouth and orders me to lick its sole clean and worship the lovely leather-clad foot. Slave-like shame washes over me while being abused, victimized, and violated over and over and over again by my mistress. Her name is Want, and Want is a cruel, cruel mistress.

“Say it again. I want to hear you say it another time! Say it again you slimy little slug,” Want wickedly commands.

“Oh, my mistress, I want this, and I want that, and what I can’t have I want most of all. But I’m so utterly unworthy of what I ask of you, my beautiful and cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel mistress.”

“Say it again. Say it again you unimportant little pig!”

“I want this, and I want that, and I want most of all what I can’t have.”

“Now, say it like the stupid and helpless little boy you are. Say it now, maggot, and say it so loud all your neighbors will hear your commiserable confession through these laughably thin walls!”

“Me want w’is, me want w’at, me want wha’ a bad wittle boy can’t have, mistress.”

Cackling in garish glee as she notches up and increases the intensity of my punishment while the nine tails of the cat cut, slice, and lacerate my bare, and reddening crimson skin. Want holds back nothing as she does her worse to my helplessly bound body. My feeble cries are unheard by her as my tears stream unseen down my cheeks, hot and salty tears that will be dried by no one. There are no words that are adequate or fit to describe the ceaseless pain that Want inflicts upon me during our all too frequent nightmarish sessions of bondage, flagellation, and humiliation.

As quickly as the flogging had begun, Want now drops the handle of the knotted thongs of her plaited rawhide flogger to the floor, commences to un-cuff me from my bed, then announces, “Okay, our time’s up, sweetie. Are you good, baby?”

Slowly, I struggle to sit upright on the mattress she had me bound to and begin to use both of my hands in an attempt to assist with the unblocking of the partially blocked blood circulation resulting from the cold metal manacles that had only moments earlier been locked all too tightly around my wrists and ankles.

“Wow, I always lose track of time when we’re together, mistress.”

“Yeah, I seem to really have that kind of effect on a lot of people I come into contact with, sweetie.”

“I left the money for your services on the table, mistress.”

“You know what, hon? Tonight, this one’s on me. You’re one of my best customers so there’s no charge for the session this evening. I don’t usually do this so I hope you appreciate what a fortunate slave you are. Just think of it as like a little barroom buy-back, babe.”

“Oh, thank you, mistress, you’re too kind and I just want…” but I never get a chance to finish the sentence, because Want hauls off with a shiny, latex-gloved hand to gob slap my feckless face so hard that I’m knocked backward on the bed again. My cheek burns with the hot sting that spreads as rapidly as a raging wildfire along one side of my head after the sudden and unexpected abrupt blow I’d just received from my mistress. Tears of pain again well up in my eyes while a stifled cry of indignation sticks in my throat as I attempt to choke back my anguish and suffering another time again.

“Shut up, silence slave! You do not speak to me without permission, you inconsequential bug. Do you understand me? Do you understand me now, you useless piece of garbage? You’re my meager and contemptible servant and you do as I tell you, boy. Can you not finally get that through you thick, stupid skull, you moron?” Do you not understand what your magnificent mistress is telling you, you mangy and malignant rat-faced rodent?”

“Yes mistress, you’ve made it perfectly clear to me time and time and time again. Please find it within your magnanimous heart of hearts to forgive your fool for his foolishness,” I foolishly respond, and again her gloved hand strikes me once more for my insubordination and disobedience.

“So, are we all set for the same time tomorrow night, sweetie?” Want wants to know after planting a quick kiss on my now tear-stained cheek and before departing to go wherever she always goes next after leaving me. That place that I’ll never know, and perhaps with people I may or may not have ever met before. Want will always dissipate into the darkness another time to go somewhere, maybe to be with someone else, leaving me alone for another night. Leaving me still wanting this, and that, and most of all, what I can’t have.

Having learned my lesson only a few seconds ago I timidly nod my head in wordless affirmation. The difference between getting what you want versus having what you need is a measure of wisdom, and often I’m unwise. I know I’ll spend my hours between now awaiting her arrival tomorrow, and then for all the tomorrows thereafter, to repeat our sadistic ritual again and again. Thus, I accept that I’m too powerless, too unworthy, and too weak to turn her away when I next hear Want knocking upon my door. Want is a cruel, cruel mistress.

October 22, 2021 15:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

12 comments

Tony Mills
22:55 Nov 03, 2021

This was enjoyable, although it's not a genre that I normally read. It's either a very thorough description of a metaphor or just a dude enjoying time with a lady and some leather (and here I'm imagining Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos in a roach-infested motel on hands and knees with their suit pants at their ankles begging to be punished).

Reply

Stevie B
12:45 Nov 04, 2021

Thank you, Tony. Truth be told it's just about an often told tale that's older than time itself of how we endlessly torture ourselves by what we want, or at least believe we do, in our lives.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ruth Porritt
06:08 Nov 29, 2021

Hello Stevie B, What I'm reminded of, (when I read your work) is that reading your work is like inhaling a fresh breath of air. I like that I can never guess exactly what you are going to write about. Curious...did you watch that 'Bonding' show that I recommended? Anyway, well done on this. You have written about a topic that would get too heavy (and way too violent) in the hands of other authors. Also, you have kept it short, which I admire. (LOL, I know Reedsy is a short story writing platform, but I am always trying to cut down on th...

Reply

Stevie B
12:52 Nov 29, 2021

Ruth, I did watch the series and it was amusing. Thanks for the recommendation. The fun part for me, and perhaps must writers, is I never know what I'm going to write; I just write.... s

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Stevie B
15:18 Oct 22, 2021

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Until I receive some kind of response to the emails I sent to the Reedsy staff as to why they accepted my $5 entry fee, yet they never entered my submission to the last contest, I'm officially boycotting their pay-to-play competitions. If there was a valid reason for that story ("You Wanna Do Something Fun?") not being included then at least share that explanation with me. Has this been happening to anyone else here on this platform?

Reply

Kevin Marlow
21:33 Oct 24, 2021

It happened to me also last week (The only time it has happened). I deleted my story thinking it was the problem. I didn't receive an explanation either.

Reply

Stevie B
21:58 Oct 24, 2021

Kevin, thanks for this feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
14:30 Oct 29, 2021

Hi Stevie, have you tried the online chat instead of email? I had an issue with my story for last week's contest and got someone's attention almost straight away on the chat. They have not yet resolved the issue but at least I know they are aware of it now.

Reply

Stevie B
14:58 Oct 29, 2021

Katherine, I'll give that a try - thank you!

Reply

07:42 Oct 30, 2021

Did you get anywhere Stevie? I got an email back yesterday with a full explanation. Though mine was a different issue from yours. I'd be interested to know why your entry was removed if you don't mind telling. Assuming that they explained. Best, Katharine

Reply

Stevie B
15:19 Nov 02, 2021

As you recommended I tried messaging and I did receive a quick but unsatisfactory response confirming my payment but that the story did not meet the Prompt's guidelines but no further information. So, I responded that I'd like an explanation as to how I my submission had failed in that regard but mysteriously no explanation has been provided.

Reply

17:07 Nov 02, 2021

That's frustrating. Hopefully they will get back to you with more information.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.