An Overdue Reunion (Part 2 to Next gen)

Submitted into Contest #76 in response to: Write about a character who is incapable of telling even the smallest lie or half-truth.... view prompt

356 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Harmony and Arren were sitting on the couch and had been deep in a conversation. "Come on, what took you so long this time? Hades and Persephone usually let you leave for a while much earlier..."

He faintly fidgeted with his fingers as if he was thinking about something, he sighed and finally said, "Oh you know...Persephone just really wanted to be with us a bit longer. And maybe something else..."

Don't ask any other questions, please don't ask any other questions. He'd probably be upset if anyone else knew, Arren thought as he fidgeted with his fingers again.

"Arren, I know that-"

Harmony didn't have enough time to finish her sentence, as the front door suddenly burst open with two figures stepping inside. The first was Lia, who was in her wolf form at the moment, and Zio was standing next to her.

Wait a minute, didn't I lock that door earlier? Did they break my door?? Harmony thought. I swear if either of them broke it, they're gonna have to...

She had been snapped out of her thoughts by Lia, who was still in her wolf form and had almost tackled her onto the ground with attempting to hug her. "Oof! Lia, could you turn back real quick?" she laughed lightly.

"So, what have you two been doing while waiting for us? I hope we didn't miss anything."

She shook her head and told her two friends, "Oh you don't need to worry about that at all. We have just been catching up a small bit since he's been gone."

Lia then turned to look at her husband, who had taken a seat by Arren, and then asked, "What have you been doing Z? Something seems a little off..."

"Oh...um...nevermind that stuff! Why don't you and Harmony tell us what you've been doing and everything? That's probably way more interesting." He gave Arren some sort of look before looking back at them, hoping that they wouldn't question him about anything else.

"What? Come on Z, why won't you-"

Harmony put a hand on her friend's shoulder, "Lia whatever is going on, they probably won't say. At least for a little while... let's just wait it out."

Lia sighed as her tail twitched in annoyance before finally sitting down next to Zio. Well with whatever it is, I just hope that it's nothing terrible...

Harmony sat down next to Arren and one of her wings wrapped around him. "So...do you guys wanna hear about anything from me first?"

The three of them seemed to stare at each other for a good five seconds, before turning back to look at her and then all proceeded to nod. Almost seemingly in unison, she could hear them say, "Sure why not."

She then explained to the three of them, "Well the stuff I've done isn't really that interesting, Though I am going to meet up with Set and discuss a couple of things."

Arren spoke up, "Could I come with you?"

"Oh, I wish you could though unfortunately, I'll be with him whenever you and Zio are back in the underworld. Though maybe some other time?"

All four of them remained silent for a few seconds while trying to think of what else to say. Lia's tail twitched again before she awkwardly coughed to break the silence and spoke, "Um hey Z?"

He almost jumped out of his skin and quickly stopped whispering to Arren, who didn't move at all but had this small shocked look on his face. "O-oh! Yeah, Lia what is it?"

Harmony and Lia glanced at each other, thinking the same thing, and asking in unison, "What have you two been doing lately?"

Zio looked towards Arren, who seemed like he was refusing to speak at the moment, and just motioned towards Zio. "Come on Z, is something going on that we shouldn't know about?"

He lightly chuckled and then said, "Oh it's really nothing at all...We've just been mostly wandering around the underworld and uh...you see...."

"We're waiting Zio..."

"We sorta forgot that today was the day that we were supposed to visit- wait no! Persephone and Hades were just making us do a couple of things, and we were gonna..."

Arren mentally facepalmed as he watched the embarrassing scene unfold in front of him. Oh my gosh, this is so stupid...they probably don't even believe this. Why did he decide to try and do this?

He quickly covered his friend's mouth before anything else embarrassing could happen. How could he even let it get this far? "Alright Alright listen, we'll tell you what's really been going on..."

Lia then said while almost laughing, "You better do it now, neither of you can lie to save your life...that was terrible." Or should I actually say afterlife?

"We're all ears, now please tell us."

Zio moved away from Arren to uncover his mouth and then spoke with a small sigh, "Listen I'm going to go find Zeus and have a small...' chat' with him."

Harmony's wings shot up in surprise as she then asked, "Wait what? Does anybody else know this, besides Arren?" I shouldn't overload them with questions, they probably don't want that much...

"Nope. Nobody besides Arren and the two of you knows about it, not even Persephone or Hades and that's the way I'm wanting to keep it..."

Lia's tail seemed to be twitching a lot more when she then asked him, "Why weren't you going to tell me or Harmony? Did you not trust us or something?"

"No, that's not the reason..."

"Then what?" Lia and Harmony asked in unison.

"The reason I wasn't going to tell anybody was that they'd probably try to get me to stop or they'd start suggesting that they could help me when I do get to Zeus and I don't want anything happening to them, Arren may have found out but he's not going to come with me..."

"Fair enough I guess..." Arren mumbled to himself.

The four of them went silent again, unsure of what to even say or do, that is until Harmony got a perfect idea. A large smile spread across her face, "Zio you need to have some help with him, and I have the perfect idea on who could help you..."

"Who?"

"Well, Zeus does have a lot of children, right? And I'm certain that all of them or most of them would have a problem similar to you..."

January 09, 2021 05:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

356 comments

Kate Ulrich
12:53 Jan 11, 2021

Hi! I'm so excited to read the rest of this series, B. My favorite part was when Harmony mentioned Set.

Reply

B. W.
17:40 Jan 11, 2021

Thanks, im really glad ya liked it ^^ What's something you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
18:16 Jan 11, 2021

All their kids- they do have them right?

Reply

B. W.
18:23 Jan 11, 2021

What do ya mean?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:05 Jan 11, 2021

I thought you said earlier for the spinoff, the old characters would have kids that go to the camp. Did you change that?

Reply

B. W.
20:11 Jan 11, 2021

They were in the first part :/ Don't ya remember Cleo and the others?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
09:00 Jan 13, 2021

Check my bio?

Reply

B. W.
09:05 Jan 13, 2021

I'm not sure if you should show your real face or anything, someone could take the picture and use it for something.

Reply

Sia S
09:06 Jan 13, 2021

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.....

Reply

B. W.
09:07 Jan 13, 2021

What got ya thinking about doing it?

Reply

Sia S
10:12 Jan 13, 2021

Idk, I was just bored

Reply

B. W.
14:14 Jan 13, 2021

Are ya not bored anymore?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
09:06 Jan 13, 2021

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
09:06 Jan 13, 2021

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
03:13 Jan 13, 2021

New thread? :)

Reply

B. W.
06:01 Jan 13, 2021

Yeah sure, what do ya wanna talk about now?

Reply

Maya -
13:36 Jan 13, 2021

Dunno. How are you?

Reply

B. W.
14:27 Jan 13, 2021

Eh half and half :/ what about you?

Reply

Maya -
14:28 Jan 13, 2021

I'm pretty good cause I have less school on Wednesdays. :)

Reply

B. W.
14:31 Jan 13, 2021

I kinda already wish it was summer though :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
03:40 Jan 11, 2021

New thread. Want to chat? :)

Reply

B. W.
04:42 Jan 11, 2021

Yeah sure, about what?

Reply

Maya -
04:43 Jan 11, 2021

Dunno. Anything.

Reply

B. W.
07:28 Jan 11, 2021

I have a thing on my bio that shows the fandoms I'm in I guess, what ones do you know from it?

Reply

Maya -
12:44 Jan 11, 2021

I only know Percy Jackson, sorry I haven't heard of the other ones.

Reply

B. W.
17:38 Jan 11, 2021

No, whats his new name?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
13:04 Jan 11, 2021

Have you seen Isaac's new name?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.