1 comment

Fantasy Funny Science Fiction

What day is it? I lost my calendar, don't have enough money for a phone AND we're in the middle of a pandemic so I can't go anywhere to ask. Every single morning I wake up brush my teeth for one minute and forty five seconds, then I shower for 45 minutes and get dressed in 15. I do my hair in a low ponytail; but not before blow drying it! Then at 7:30 in the morning grubhub comes to my apartment and delivers bob evans pancakes with a black coffee at my door. Everyday is the exact same, and the problem is... I don't remember what day quarantine started, if I did then this wouldn't be a problem! We are on day 345 of not leaving our houses; I know how long I've been here, but not the FREAKING DAY! I don't think I've had social interaction for 345 days, haha I'm fine. I'm going on a hike! YEP! alright lets gooooo. Wait where is everyone? Is this why I don't know the day has everyone left? Am I in a horrible dream, or nightmare I guess is what you would call it?

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" I scream out and no one answers, it's like they're gone?

"HELLLOOOO ANYONE THERE?" I scream out AGAIN.

There are no cars on the road, no bustling around in the city? I have no technology, no calendar, and no people? Hold on... I'll be right back...

5 hours later...

What happened to be right back? Well I realized there is literally no one here, like no one. Also the sky is so dark and, it doesn't look like it did before out here. I'm starting to regret taking quarantine so seriously.

"AM I ON MARS OR SOMETHING?"

"yes."

huh? what the heck...

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS WEIRD MARS LADY?"

"that is something no one knows... no one at all!" the person I take to be a female because of the voice but I'm not assuming.

"BUT- YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW, LIKE ITS KIND OF A UNIVERSAL TOPIC?"

"not here. not on this planet."

"SINCE WHEN AM I NOT ON EARTH?"

"since the pandemic? everyone came here to start a new life!"

"WELL THEN WHERE IS EVERYONE AND COME TO THINK ABOUT IT... WHERE ARE YOU?"

"everyone left, they went back to earth. but they had to sacrifice someone and they. chose. you! quite an honor if you ask me... you know spending eternity on mars!"

"DO I HAVE TO YELL, AND YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION WHERE ARE YOU?"

"you do not have to yell, and for your second question i am in your head! but i promise i am one-hundred percent real."

"Okay... My goodness this is a lot to take in. Do you think I could start my own civilization?"

"not with only one person, you can't reproduce."

"Right forgot about that... well at least I don't have to worry about the date, and the pandemic!"

"yes. but you have to deal with loneliness, and longing for a better life."

"Well that's depressing."

"but you have me!"

All of the sudden I feel a jolt in my body and I feel like I am flying through a tunnel.. there are purple sparks all around me and I think I am going like 2,000,000 miles per hour.

"doctor, doctor, he's waking up!"

"WE NEED A NURSE OVER HERE! NURSE!"

"Come on Hay, you gotta wake up."

I open my eyes and see my family, and my best friend's family.

"Ummm how long have I been out?" I say noticing my croaky voice.

"About nine months..." My mother responds wiping her tears.

"Wait where are you guys' masks?"

"Masks? Only doctors and surgeons wear masks son!" My father chuckles, god I am so confused.

"What is the date?"

"What do you mean? You are talking nonsense! There is no such thing as a date? If you mean the year it is 2046, and it is Friday but there is no such thing as a date?"

"What I- whatever, at least I'm back on Earth!"

"Did you guys put him on drugs," My sister asks making everyone laugh, except me.

"No ma'am we did not, but can I ask you guys to just step out of the room real quick?" She asks with a smile.

They all exit the room and I'm still in shock.

"You know about the Corona Virus too? Only doctors know about that.... how did you get this information, and where did you come from. We noticed you weren't in a coma a while ago but in a different mindspace..."

"I'm not sure I was locked up in my house because of quarantine for 345 days, and I couldn't remember the date because every single day was the same, it's like I had been brainwashed. Then I went outside and talked to a girl in my head and she told me I was on Mars and that I had been sacrificed; I went through this purple tunnel, and now I'm here.

"Fascinating, I have never heard a story like this one.. but I just want you to know, you went into a coma for nine months, at least that is what your family thinks. But you actually slipped into a different state of mind, you went to the deep depths of your brain and got stuck, something must have triggered it like hitting your head or even overworking yourself."

"I'm really not sure, all I know is I don't ever want that to happen again. Also I hope that none of that is real because that was crazy."

"Yeah, I understand. And actually besides the Mars and the voice in your head, corona did happen but in 2020, before you were born. People don't talk about it because it was a terrible time and so many people died. You can't tell anyone I said that though! It's supposed to be classified information but you already knew about so I thought I could tell you!"

"Dang that's rough, I'm going to sleep, hopefully I don't go back!"

After about 20 minutes I slipped into the unconscious state we call sleep.

"hello again, it's me."

Oh. Crap.

March 05, 2021 23:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Serena Blade
00:48 Mar 14, 2021

Interesting story. Keep on writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.