15 comments

Adventure Horror Mystery

*NOT RELATED TO THE PROMPT*

Authors Note: Hey, everyone!! I am very excited to post this story! I have been working on this for a while, but this is only part 1. I will definitely continue this story and write the other parts. Anyway, this was one of my character story's based on Emerald's character! (It was slightly changed.)

Here is her character: Verila (Anne) Heartstone

Short cropped blond hair, blue eyes, smooth white skin, carefree look on her face. Wears a black uniform with a blue cloak and silver earrings. Carries a silver flute. 16 girl. Has a crush. Romantic, suspense, mystery, horror.

Anyway, on to the story!!

Deceit

Yellow safe. Red danger. I ran to the red flower and scooped it up. I wasn’t supposed to touch the bad color, but I kept it anyway. I glanced around to make sure no one was watching and pocketed the flower. I felt the weight of the flower in my cloak pocket. I felt amazing. Rebellious. Scandalous even. Father would not approve. 

When I arrived home, I went to my room and carefully placed the flower under my pillow. I began to dance around my room, twirling in the mirror. Outside I saw Finley, (Fin) laying on the ground staring longingly up at the sky. Fin noticed me in the window and smiled. Excitedly, I bounded down the stairs, racing past Father, I exited out the door. Fin greeted me with a wide smile and bear hug. I loved being in his embrace, it felt so warm and wonderful. “Hi,” I whispered. I pulled him around to the back of the barn and started kissing him. His body against mine, his lips embracing mine. I felt a salty tear roll down his cheek. I stopped.

“Hey, hey. What's wrong?”  

“I have to go away, Verila.” Fin whispered, looking up at me sorrowful. 

“Go? Go where?” I asked annoyed. 

“Just away, far, far, away. I love you Verila, but I can’t stay because it's too dangerous.”

What is he talking about? What was too dangerous? Then I saw it. The bad color. Right there on his shirt. It looked dried? I backed away.

“Come’on, Verila, please say something,” Fin begged. 

“What are you doing with the bad color on your shirt!” I screamed. 

With a look on his face, one I had never seen before, he looked down. Horrified he glanced up at me and shuddered with fear. 

“Fin, do you know what happened? Why is it dry like that?” I questioned. 

“N-o, I have no clue what ha-ppen-ed.” He replied. 

I remembered I had the bad color. In my room. It was touching my pillow. Grabbing Fin’s, hand we sprinted across the cotton field and broke into our old treehouse area. No one had ever gone there, except for us. I suspected it to be fine, since no one else goes there, a safe place perhaps. I stood stunned and out of breath. I looked at the house as I had many times before, but this time was different, something was out of order. I could feel it. Fin did too, he was gripping my hand tightly. Together we made our way around the treehouse, taking it in from every angle. Skeptical we entered. At that moment, I was just as terrified as I was comforted. The bad color covered the walls, the floor, the stairs, the everything.

I burst out laughing. Finley looked at me confused and then asked, “What’s so funny?”

“I just had the craziest memory. Remember when I gave you that tattoo on your neck, and my dad made you cover it up with that dragon?” I motioned to his neck. He turned bright red.

“Hey! I thought we agreed never to bring that up!” He said laughing. He had a nice laugh. When he laughed, time stopped. I could see his eyes crinkling in the corners, and him smiling ear to ear. CRASH! Fin and I jumped apart. Peering into the darkness, I saw something in the corner of the room. A figure was taking shape. Moving across the room. I glanced at Fin, who was no longer beside me. Panicking I raced down the ladder looking for Fin. He was nowhere to be found. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the figure creeping down the ladder. I bolted. Once across the field, I raced home and went straight to my room. I snatched my pillow off my bed only to find the flower gone. I felt something brush my hand. I reached into my cloak pocket and pulled out the flower. Horrified, I raced downstairs and buried the flower in the field. I felt someone's hot breath on my neck. As I was crouching on the ground I felt a weight on my shoulder. Cold. An icy cold hand was resting upon my shoulder, as it laid there, lifeless, it continued to grow heavier. 

I awoke to a terrible smell. A rotting corpse laid next to me. I took it all in, the smell, the room, the everything. As I glanced around the room, shadows danced in the darkness, filling up the space, closing me in. I approached the corpse. I didn’t recognize who it was at first, they looked so familiar, yet so not. I sighed in frustration as I failed to recognize the corpse. I slumped against the wall, wondering where the hell I was. Hours passed, or maybe they didn’t I couldn’t tell in this place. I was scared, alone, and trapped. I heard some footsteps approaching, unsure of where they were coming from, I did my best to hide amongst the shadows. The heavy door creaked open, and I saw an evil take form. They were dressed like me. All black uniform, with a single pop of color. A pale blue cloak. I saw a shiny object fall from the cloak’s pocket hitting the ground with a huge clatter. The figure jumped, nearly hitting me. I saw what was on the ground. A flute. My flute. I felt my face starting to heat up, I felt my blood boiling. Attempting my best to contain my anger I stayed hidden, as the figure scampered away. Gasping for air, I sighed with relief. They had not sensed me.

April 15, 2021 17:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Sapphire 🌼
21:15 May 08, 2021

I just wanna say that I COMPLETLEY 100% AGREE WITH YOU HAROLD IS THE COOTEST TURTLE EVER 🐢🐢🐢🐢

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
22:38 May 09, 2021

YAY!! HAROLD APPRECIATES!!! 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:25 May 10, 2021

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:57 Apr 16, 2021

OH MY GOSH I HAS A FORBIDDEN ROMANCE

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
15:59 Apr 16, 2021

AHHH I KNOW RIGHT! :D

Reply

15:59 Apr 16, 2021

But why is red bad?

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
16:03 Apr 16, 2021

I'm not really sure, but it seemed right, and I can also tie other stuff into it with red, like blood and stuff.

Reply

18:50 Apr 16, 2021

Oh.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
23:05 Apr 15, 2021

I like Harold. I also have a sloth. His name is Nutella. 🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
13:56 Apr 16, 2021

I love Nutella!! Harold and Nutella should be friends. 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 :D

Reply

14:00 Apr 16, 2021

YUSSSS! 🦥🦥🦥

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
14:24 Apr 16, 2021

Wanna be friends with them? Also, would you want to collab one day?

Reply

14:28 Apr 16, 2021

YUS! To both of those! :D

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
15:11 Apr 16, 2021

:))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
💫 Sophia 💫
17:45 Apr 15, 2021

Heyyyyy, everyone!! I am very very very happy to finally post this story! I am going to write a part 2 and possibly a part 3, let me know if you have any ideas, or things you think I should include. Also, if you want to create a character for me to write just fill out this form! :) https://forms.gle/M2zUniiUudzPzGwF7

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.