The Staircase of Writing a Short Story

Submitted into Contest #91 in response to: Set your story in a library, after hours.... view prompt

584 comments

Fiction LGBTQ+

A/N: Hmmm...what the heck is this story? I dunno. I actually wanted to write something like for a whileโ€”a short nโ€™ sweet, simple little list of writing steps but with some fictional meat on its bones to make it a storyโ€”and when the right prompt popped up, I jumped on the chance and wrote it in two days :) So yeah, this is a bit weird and another attempt at 2nd person, enjoy!


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ: ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šŠ ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ & ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š–


You sit on the rusty bench outside the library. The sky is dimming by now, the last trickles of people walking out of the closing building. Itโ€™s nearly 6 pm, but youโ€™ve got all day. Or rather, all night, because writers love avoiding the sun and staying up late typingโ€”or getting up early if theyโ€™re that determined. (Which you arenโ€™t, duh.)

So youโ€™re in no rush. You sit there, watching, listening, like introverts tend to do. Your locks of gold-brown hair fall in front of your thick round glasses, escaping from your messy bun.

The air gets cooler and cooler until almost everyone is gone, the dark, chilly evening sky clouding over. You pick up your thermos of steaming chamomile tea and sneak behind the library, taking out the key the librarian has gifted youโ€”scrawled with your name, Cellani Brightโ€”and slipping into the library after-hours.

Once in, you take a deep breath, inhaling the musty scent of thousands of words of literature. But you have work to do. You weave between the shelves of books until you reach the back of your second home, a cozy carpet in front of a crackling fire left up just for you. You pull a desk out of a closet and position it in front of the fire, drawing the blinds shut and grabbing a fluffy spinny chair too.

You plop down in the seat, pulling out your slim silver laptop and opening it on the table. You open a Doc and take another deep breath, laying a blanket from your backpack across your lap. Itโ€™s dim except for the warm fire, shadows painting the shelves of other writersโ€™ works. You have peace in your favorite setting. Which means itโ€™s time to start writing.ย 


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š๐š ๐š˜: ๐š‹๐š›๐šŠ๐š’๐š—๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š– ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ, ๐š๐š. ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ๐š™๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐šย 


All-about-writing articles always underestimate the thought and heart and restless commitment (not to mention sleepless nights) that goes into every short story, every poem, every novel. You giggle, thinking of that Buzzfeed post a few weeks back, which the author mistakenly titled โ€œThe Steps of Writing a Story Storyโ€. More like a staircase instead of just steps, you smirk to yourself.

The white of the blank Doc almost taunts you to write, but you have absolutely no ideas. Obviously.

Restless, you stand up and start pacing, seedlings of ideas in your mind not good enough to grow into plants. You run your fingers across the spines of classics, thinking how though youโ€™ve done this so many times before, itโ€™s always hard to think of a brand-new plot. You try to draw inspiration from your own life: a 19-year-old demigirl named Cellani taking a gap year after high school, perfectly content with a dog and a laptop.

Hmm. Maybe your main character could be around your age. What kind of story would it be? Your favorite genre is realistic fiction, but you like mixing it up and doing different types of realistic fiction. You keep pacing, back and forth, through the dark shelves, and you decide this short story will be romance.

So whatโ€™s it about? Could it be a fantasy romance? Maybe this girl is a princess of some other world and has an arranged marriage with someone, except obviously she doesnโ€™t want to be with them, so when her new prince declares war she plays both sides and still meets up with her real boyfriend in another kingdom. Nah, thatโ€™s totally clichรฉ. But sometimes clichรฉ plots with a twist are goodโ€ฆ

Ugh. Writing is fun, but itโ€™s hard when you have no ideas. You donโ€™t feel writerโ€™s block, exactly, more like a writerโ€™s pebbles. You want to write, and you feel all inspired in the light of the fire, but you have zero idea what to write about.

So you turn to your go-to writerโ€™s block cure: get the genre you want to write, infuse it with a controversial topic you love to show your support to, and create a handful of characters each having a few of your traits so you can write them well. Then a smile spreads across your face...


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ: ๐š™๐š’๐š— ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š™๐š•๐š˜๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐šŠย 


So once you have an idea, youโ€™re still not ready to type. If youโ€™re a planner, at least. Smirking, you slide back into your chair, adjusting the flannel blanket across your lap and breathing in the heat of the crispy fire. You hover your fingers over the keys of your laptop, and write the premise of this short story: Itโ€™s an LGBTQ+ romance, with that clichรฉ love triangle with two boys and a girl, except that the girl realizes sheโ€™s asexual and adopts and gets a dog and cat instead and the two boys fall for each other, all while the three of them are struggling to find what college they want to go to and what major or minor during their gap year before college.ย 

You grin wider, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear and taking a slow slurp of your double-tea-bagged thermos. YOU HAVE AN IDEA, VICTORY!!!!

The clock reads 7 pm, and now you have a solid start to build on. Time to plan a little further: Creating your characters, adding all the traits and hobbies that make them 3D. Youโ€™ll learn more about them as you write them, of course, but you need a start to expand on.

So whoโ€™s the girl? All the characters are 18 or 19 as well, but youโ€™ll be able to write her more fluently. You love names ending in โ€˜iโ€™ like your own, so maybe...Emmi? Nah, a bit boring. How about...Ammi? Ammi Jimenez?

Yeah. Thatโ€™s it. Sheโ€™ll be a writer and reader just like you, but also a runner. Sheโ€™s kind of a tame, chill character, responsible and determined but also a bit feisty.ย 

You smile. Time for the boys. But picking names for boys is always hard, so you open up Safari and type in Unique male name lists. Of course you browse for way too longโ€”even after you find the right namesโ€”and finally decide on the names Tanix and Kayden for your characters, one bookish and outgoing, one sporty and feminine.

You type all this down and over the next ten minutes, you expand their characters further and plan important events in your plot. Soon youโ€™ve got everyone written: whatโ€™s happening, whoโ€™s there, and what style.

Time for the best part of any short story:

The writing.


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š›: ๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š”๐šŽ๐šข๐š‹๐š˜๐šŠ๐š›๐šย 


Click click click, the sound of fingers on a keyboard echoes through the library. The moon comes out, silvery light sneaking through the blinds, the eerie peace of silence at night music to your ears. No little sisters bothering you, no parents saying go to bed, just a plan, fingers, and a Doc.

So you keep writing as the hours tick by. Itโ€™s hard to get going at the start; you keep checking texts or Wattpad or Reedsy or reading a bit more of that awesome eBook you purchased last week. But then the story takes off and you find your eyes unable to look away from the screen.

Writing is magical because the world revolves around you, but not around you. You create these other people and control them, yet in a sense they are their own people. At some point in every short story or novel you turn from the controller of this world to the scribe, from the outside looking in, just writing down what happens on its own. You feel yourself immersed in your own words, the rest of the world stopping as you pass between galaxies. You are the characters like the characters are you: each carries a little piece of yourself, whether your beliefs or your ideas, your dreams or your traits.

You become alive at night, fueled by two bags of caffeine and your fingers moving without your input. You reach that point where youโ€™re literally thinking faster than you can type, so your ideas just hang there, on the edge of your mind, waiting patiently for your fingers to catch up.


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ: ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐š‘ ๐š˜๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐š•๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐š˜๐š™ย 


Sadly, while you feel like a goddess typing, a writer with the power of creating worlds and people, your body needs sleep. (You can only run on caffeine and literature for so long, alas *dramatic sigh.*) Stupid body. And your laptop needs energy tooโ€”itโ€™s about to die, and then youโ€™ll be left alone, your ideas bursting out of your brain but with nowhere to put them. (*Double dramatic sigh.*)

Itโ€™s almost 12 am. Youโ€™ve written for hours straight. You grab your warm flannel blanket, extinguish the last dregs of fire, plug in your laptop, and collapse on a beanbag, trying to calm your racing mind. Taking a break in the middle of a short story is basically impossible, after all, but finally your eyes flutter shut and you drift into oblivionโ€ฆ.


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐šœ๐š’๐šก: ๐š‹๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐šŒ: ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐š—๐šย ย 


You wake up, groggy and tired, but hey, what more could you want than a fully charged computer and a half-finished short story, if one a quarter energy? You roll out of the beanbag with a moan, and basically stay in that half-lidded state as you visit the librarian's desk until your thermos is full again with hot water and three tea bags. (Almost-all-nighters are tough, even for the most experienced and irresponsible authors.)

You relight the fire, do a few jumping jacks, and open your laptop. Itโ€™s 1 am. Youโ€™ve got six hours to finishโ€”more than enough (maybe). You read a chapter of the eBook to get back in the ~CrEaTiVe SpIrIt~, and once youโ€™re done, you feel inspired and are roaring to go.

So you open the doc, skim the 5k+ words youโ€™d written before, and jump write (HEHEHEHE BAD PUN) in.ย 

That magical feeling sparks again, the outside world fading away as you sit grinning in the dimly lit library, and you keep typing until sunlight streams in through the windows. The plot arc rises and falls, characters growing away from yourself and becoming their own people, everything tying together until you finally write the last line through your half-lidded eyesโ€ฆ.

And thatโ€™s it.

Itโ€™s done.

You lift your fingers up and smile at the screen, reading that satisfying last paragraph over and over. A glimpse at the time says itโ€™s 6 am, meaning youโ€™ve got an hour until the library opens. After a whole night of writing with only a few hours of sleep, the 52-page novelette, your beautiful creation grown from the ink of your mind, is done.

You shut your raging-hot laptop and curl up on the beanbag again, falling asleep to sweet silence and shafts of sunlight just starting to emerge over the horizon.


๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š™ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—: ๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š & ๐š™๐š˜๐šœ๐š


You come back to the library the next day, the librarian greeting you with a smile. You were on first-name terms with her by now, except for the fact that you never remembered names. โ€œHave a fun time yesterday...morning? You were gone before sunrise, but you left your tea.โ€

You gratefully accept the thermos. โ€œAh, yeah, sorry, I was totally pooped and barely made it out before the library opened. Mustโ€™ve forgotten this. And, oh, yes, of course, it was awesome. Just peace and quiet and caffeine and ideas.โ€

She chuckles. โ€œYouโ€™d better remember me when youโ€™re a famous author, Cellani.โ€

You laugh too. โ€œOf course.โ€

โ€œWhat did you write?โ€

โ€œAn LGBTQ+ romance-type thing,โ€ you say. โ€œIt was intended to be a short story but yโ€™know, the plot kinda blossomed into a novelette.โ€

โ€œAnd you wrote it all in one night?โ€

You grin at her, holding up your slim silver laptop and tapping it. โ€œA gazillion hours of writing from sunset to sunrise, yup. Iโ€™m totally burned out now, but hey, it was fun. But this story ainโ€™t gonna edit itself.โ€ย 

That was another annoying step in the staircase of a short story. Once you got the idea and finished the words, you had to skim the story and edit it further. Which wasnโ€™t the best thing in the world.

The librarian gives you a pitiful gaze and ushers you towards the beanbag-chair-ringed fireplace area towards the back. โ€œBetter get to it. Tell me when you post it!โ€

โ€œOf course!โ€ you yip back, making your way to the desk left out just for you.

You open the Google Doc and reread your story with fresh eyes after 24 hours ignoring it. You fix plot holes, correct typos, switch lines and cut enough words to bully the word count under 10k. Since you barely remember anything from yesterdayโ€™s blurry-eyed caffeine sesh, you find yourself immersed in the story all over again, this time as a reader instead of the writer.

You run a final spell-check with Grammarly and finally, you declare the story done. You found the time and place and calm to write a story, coaxed the idea out of your half hour of pacing, and spent basically a whole night writing on an hour of sleep and a lot of tea. Youโ€™re tired, ignored a bunch of responsibilities, and messed up your sleep schedule for about a week (#writerโ€™sdonโ€™tneednosleep), but youโ€™ve done it. And now, as you open Wattpad with a smile, youโ€™re ready to release your little literature baby into the world. :D



April 26, 2021 01:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

584 comments

20:29 May 16, 2021

Aerin, this was such a fun story! I love the way you formatted it and the second person perspective. I also love how you call it the steps of writting, cause sometimes writing feels like walking up a staircase. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜œ There where some beautiful parts and my favourite was this one: "You reach that point where youโ€™re literally thinking faster than you can type, so your ideas just hang there, on the edge of your mind, waiting patiently for your fingers to catch up." Love it. Anyway, I can totally relate to being a late night writer! My famil...

Reply

21:16 May 16, 2021

Ackkkk thank you, Maraika!!! Omg yaaaaasssss #writersatleastPRETENDtheydonโ€™tneedsleep :DD Tru, tru.

Reply

22:59 May 16, 2021

Yes yes yes very tru

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Abigail Lyra
19:23 May 15, 2021

๐ŸŒ for the banana guestbook About the story: I liked it! Cellani has way more stamina than I do, but yeah. The writing flows nicely and I donโ€™t see any corrections to make, except for this: โ€œAll the characters are 18 or 19 as well, but youโ€™ll be able to write her more fluently.โ€ But youโ€™ll need to write her more fluently? But you want to write her more fluently? The sentence is just a little confusing. Thatโ€™s all, though. Whatโ€™s your favorite line from a poem/story/song/piece of writing? The sentence you just canโ€™t get out of your head?

Reply

20:24 May 15, 2021

Ack, thanks so much!: Hmmm...probably this clip of lyric from an Evermore Taylor Swift song (or possibly Folklore): โ€œI stayed there, dust collecting on my pinned up hair, they expected me to find somewhere, some perspective but I sat and staredโ€ Something about the line โ€˜dust collecting on my pinned up hairโ€™ is just really beautiful and descriptive :) Wbu?

Reply

Abigail Lyra
21:21 May 15, 2021

Right now the entire second verse of โ€˜Dear Theodosiaโ€™ from Hamilton is looping nonstop in my head, but the words โ€˜lemongrass and sleepโ€™ are also randomly inserting themselves from time to time and I canโ€™t even remember where theyโ€™re from. My brain is a hot mess. (I mean, I am a writer.)

Reply

21:24 May 16, 2021

Ahhhh wow lol noice ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž RELATABLE ๐Ÿค โœ‹

Reply

Abigail Lyra
21:29 May 16, 2021

โœ‹

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abigail Lyra
21:30 May 16, 2021

โœ‹

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abigail Lyra
21:30 May 16, 2021

โœ‹

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 5 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
14:57 May 14, 2021

Hey! I forgot to ask you, could you choose one of the boys for your LI? (Love interest) Flint Finn Luke Amare (You said yes for a love interest)

Reply

16:09 May 14, 2021

Omg yaassss lol okay... SO MANY OPTIONS AHHHHH WHO SHALL I CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE Iโ€™m in between Luke and Finn for my characterโ€™s LoVe iNtErEst but it might be weird to date Luke even fictionally and it would be hilarious having Amethyst as my girlfriend (or, boyfriend, whatevs) but also I can totally see my character being that one crazy girlfriend to Luke and slapping him for not getting me sushi or something so uh idk Iโ€™m indecisive surprise me between the two of them ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Reply

Sia S
16:31 May 14, 2021

lolll okiee XDD WHI SHALL BE DA ONEEEE PRINCEEEE XDDD Ooh la laaa sureeee

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tessa Takzikab
13:24 May 14, 2021

I love it! I'm not sure if I told you before that I'm not so into second person stories, but this one is an exception to the rule! Also, I was reading your bio again today because I needed a different font and I knew you had a link in there. (Thanks, by the way, it really helped me) And I'm a Pisces too. Even if we're not the most sassy, we have other great things going for us. Pisces is the most mystical of the zodiacs. And we're more likely to be psychic ;) But honestly, you don't have to lock yourself in your box. Zodiacs aren't there ...

Reply

01:20 May 15, 2021

Ack, thank you, Tessa! Hehe, no problem! :D Ahhhh yea lol, I mean, I know, Iโ€™m not really the kind of person who mentions my Zodiac in every conversations and lets it justify actions or whatever, but I DO love scrolling zodiac memes and it kinda drives me crazy when all I am in a smol, sweet introvert with no sass or craziness ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Although yea hehe, when I see memes saying Pisces might be secretly a psychopath Iโ€™m like ๐Ÿ˜Ž Haha, yesssss, thanks for the long message! Solved my boredom for 3-5 minutes ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Reply

Tessa Takzikab
02:05 May 16, 2021

:) Happy to be of service.

Reply

21:24 May 16, 2021

:DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ella Garrett
23:40 May 13, 2021

applause to you. i really like it.

Reply

01:20 May 15, 2021

Thanks! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mazie Gray
23:34 May 13, 2021

eep- I loved this story so much And I related with it, except I don't drink tea or write 52 (!!!!!!) pages Also, I have a huge feeling this is based on true events (?) You wrote this short story beautifully, as always Can't wait to read more of your works! -Craycray (my fav nickname of mine) p.s. If you haven't already, would you mind checking out "The House That Built Me"? it's on my main account lol. Thanks! byeee

Reply

01:21 May 15, 2021

Ackkk thanks so much! Welch yea, mostly true, I sadly donโ€™t have a secret key to a library more that much stamina lol ๐Ÿ˜ญ Thank youuuu <333 ~Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆโค๏ธ P. S. Of course! Would you mind including a link?

Reply

Mazie Gray
17:54 May 16, 2021

My pleasure! lol I wish I had an all-access pass to a library....... that would be Heaven You're welcome! <3 ~Raycray โคโœจ P.S. Yay! Thanks! Of course. https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/86/submissions/60164/

Reply

21:17 May 16, 2021

Omggggg yaasss <333 P. S. Ty!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mazie Gray
23:25 May 13, 2021

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ and hi

Reply

01:21 May 15, 2021

THANKS HEHEHEHHEE hiii

Reply

Mazie Gray
17:52 May 16, 2021

WELCOME hehe how r u?

Reply

21:24 May 16, 2021

Heheeeeeee Good! I was actually somewhat productive today, so thatโ€™s nice XD I just did an hour-long contortion class with Sofie Dossi with my sis (recorded, because me and Isla wouldnโ€™t make it to the live Zoom last week), then did like 40 JLab problems for extra credit. Then ate food. Ya. Wbu?

Reply

Mazie Gray
13:36 May 17, 2021

I wish I could be productive. XD Wait- You do CONTORTION CLASSES WITH SOFIE DOSSI?!?!?!?!?! oh my pickles. Haha, nice... I think. I has no idea what JLab is, lol. Food is always good. ^^ I've been good! Went to a party, played basketball, slept, ate, got a staple in my finger, and yeah. XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
14:02 May 13, 2021

Part.......7 XD

Reply

19:25 May 13, 2021

ACKKKKKKK GURLLLLL OKIIII HEADING OVER THERE SOON LOL

Reply

Sia S
00:51 May 14, 2021

XDDD OKIEEE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
01:16 May 13, 2021

WOAHWOAHWOAH you have recently been attacked by the DOWNVOTERS earlier today you were at 1000 or so karma points and now you're at 668!!!??? AERIN IF YOU COMMENT ON THIS A LOTLOTLOT THEN I WILL UPVOTE ALL OF THEM AHHHHHHHH I HAVE TO HELP YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Reply

02:05 May 13, 2021

YUPPPP DJWIQJKANSOW AND AWWW THANK YOU BUT ITโ€™S OKAY POINTS DONโ€™T REALLY MATTER <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Veronica M
01:23 May 13, 2021

K I just helped you up to 698 BUT STILL (i was just upvoting all your comments on this post.)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Kat Sencen
18:24 May 12, 2021

I HAVE A THEORY FOR WHOS DOING THE DOWNVOTING! Listen to me here... So what if THE REEDSY PEOPLE ARE DOING IT??? Think about who has been downvoted: The Marshmallows. Most of them aren't 18, and to participate on here you should be that age. Maybe that's why they downvote, and why they don't approve your stories. They could also downvote when you make comments that aren't feedback and just conversations. And it explains why they haven't done anything about the downvoting!!!

Reply

18:32 May 12, 2021

HIIIII Okay so firstly, thanks, Investigator Keefe! But youโ€™ve actually unearthed this cOnSpIrAcY that quite a few Reeders have suspected Reedsy is really behind the downvoting. And Iโ€™m not saying theyโ€™re wrong or that I donโ€™t believe in that option, but I do have a few things to say. Letโ€™s start with the fact that there are a lot easier of ways to get kids off the site other than actually downvoting by hand. They could simple ban us in some sorts or yeet us off or code our points away. Second of all, Reedsy DOESNโ€™T KNOW OUR AGES. Sure I act...

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:35 May 12, 2021

Update: lol just downvoted again I wonder how the DV reacted when they saw this comment hehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Palak Shah
15:23 May 12, 2021

Could you please read my latest story :))

Reply

18:23 May 12, 2021

Sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
14:30 May 12, 2021

This bull and Caterpillar are so adorable. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ›

Reply

14:32 May 12, 2021

*bootiful* or...butter(fly)ful or...bulliful omg the amount of bad puns I can crank out as a reponse~

Reply

Sia S
14:47 May 12, 2021

That's bullifully *I'm bad at puns*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
15:28 May 11, 2021

Hey Aerin can I put your account in my bio?

Reply

19:14 May 11, 2021

Sure, ty! <3

Reply

Veronica M
20:35 May 11, 2021

Tysm! I just added you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Adam Wan
11:37 May 11, 2021

Hi. What an interesting take on second person! Anyways, thanks for liking my story!!

Reply

19:14 May 11, 2021

Thank you! Aw, of course!

Reply

Adam Wan
02:36 May 12, 2021

I just love your energy throughout the story and there were moments I couldn't help but smile at (*cough distractions, getting tired.) Plus, can't help thinking about If On A Winter's Night A Traveler. Just thought I'd mention that.

Reply

14:00 May 12, 2021

Ack, thanks so much, lol!! Ohh Iโ€™ve never read that but Iโ€™ll take it as a compliment ;)

Reply

Adam Wan
14:13 May 12, 2021

No problem! Just if you're interested, If On A Winter's Night A Traveler is a second-person, postmodernist novel by Italo Calvino that is about the reader (you) reading the book If On A Winter's Night A Traveler (the book you're reading). Hopefully that makes sense, haha. It's a pretty fun read, though also kind of hard because postmodern novels just tend to be that way, I guess. But still, hope you had a nice day. Once again, cool story! How nice to have met you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:04 May 10, 2021

NIGHT OWLS 4EVAAAAAAAAAAA

Reply

19:25 May 11, 2021

YAAAASSSSSSS KWEEN

Reply

19:40 May 12, 2021

ok gotta admit you're one of my fav peeps on here

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:44 May 10, 2021

greetings, young one. (you asked for a conversation starter, so here it is-)

Reply

19:27 May 11, 2021

greetings, also young one. XD (Yaasss kween thanks lol-)

Reply

19:28 May 11, 2021

replying in record time, i am- (i'm channeling yoda, if you didn't get that-)

Reply

19:30 May 11, 2021

Uno reverse card- (XD)

Reply

19:32 May 11, 2021

~not me cluttering up the comment section with lots of parentheses~ ~and sparkles~ ~ โœจโœจโœจ yay โœจโœจโœจ ~

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
13:18 May 10, 2021

You said I should say hi so HIIIIIIIII!

Reply

15:02 May 10, 2021

Yaassss kween hi!!!

Reply

Veronica M
17:39 May 10, 2021

What's up, Aerin? I'm doing school rn ugh.

Reply

19:26 May 11, 2021

Omg same lol. Iโ€™m in-person and apparently EVERYONE IN THE CLASS FORGOT ABOUT THE MASSIVE PROJECT DEADLINE?! So Iโ€™m the only one who has it done, I guess XD. Anywho, everyone is starting their projects and Iโ€™m just chilling cuz Iโ€™ve done everything lol.

Reply

Veronica M
20:29 May 11, 2021

Oh that's so lucky! We had this 27 question math worksheet to do in one hour and it took me three hours instead! Btw, where do you live? I think our time zones are off maybe. I live in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:46 May 10, 2021

Hiiiiii

Reply

15:02 May 10, 2021

Hiii

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:03 May 10, 2021

Hiii!!!

Reply

19:16 May 11, 2021

Nothing much lol, thanks! Wbu?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.