The Staircase of Writing a Short Story

Submitted into Contest #91 in response to: Set your story in a library, after hours.... view prompt

584 comments

Fiction LGBTQ+

A/N: Hmmm...what the heck is this story? I dunno. I actually wanted to write something like for a whileβ€”a short n’ sweet, simple little list of writing steps but with some fictional meat on its bones to make it a storyβ€”and when the right prompt popped up, I jumped on the chance and wrote it in two days :) So yeah, this is a bit weird and another attempt at 2nd person, enjoy!


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πš˜πš—πšŽ: πšπš’πš—πš 𝚊 πš™πš•πšŠπšŒπšŽ & πšπš’πš—πš πš’πš˜πšžπš› πšŒπšŠπš•πš–


You sit on the rusty bench outside the library. The sky is dimming by now, the last trickles of people walking out of the closing building. It’s nearly 6 pm, but you’ve got all day. Or rather, all night, because writers love avoiding the sun and staying up late typingβ€”or getting up early if they’re that determined. (Which you aren’t, duh.)

So you’re in no rush. You sit there, watching, listening, like introverts tend to do. Your locks of gold-brown hair fall in front of your thick round glasses, escaping from your messy bun.

The air gets cooler and cooler until almost everyone is gone, the dark, chilly evening sky clouding over. You pick up your thermos of steaming chamomile tea and sneak behind the library, taking out the key the librarian has gifted youβ€”scrawled with your name, Cellani Brightβ€”and slipping into the library after-hours.

Once in, you take a deep breath, inhaling the musty scent of thousands of words of literature. But you have work to do. You weave between the shelves of books until you reach the back of your second home, a cozy carpet in front of a crackling fire left up just for you. You pull a desk out of a closet and position it in front of the fire, drawing the blinds shut and grabbing a fluffy spinny chair too.

You plop down in the seat, pulling out your slim silver laptop and opening it on the table. You open a Doc and take another deep breath, laying a blanket from your backpack across your lap. It’s dim except for the warm fire, shadows painting the shelves of other writers’ works. You have peace in your favorite setting. Which means it’s time to start writing.Β 


πšœπšπšŽπš™ 𝚝𝚠𝚘: πš‹πš›πšŠπš’πš—πšœπšπš˜πš›πš– πšπš’πš–πšŽ, 𝚏𝚝. πšŽπš—πšπš•πšŽπšœπšœ πš™πšŠπšŒπš’πš—πšΒ 


All-about-writing articles always underestimate the thought and heart and restless commitment (not to mention sleepless nights) that goes into every short story, every poem, every novel. You giggle, thinking of that Buzzfeed post a few weeks back, which the author mistakenly titled β€œThe Steps of Writing a Story Story”. More like a staircase instead of just steps, you smirk to yourself.

The white of the blank Doc almost taunts you to write, but you have absolutely no ideas. Obviously.

Restless, you stand up and start pacing, seedlings of ideas in your mind not good enough to grow into plants. You run your fingers across the spines of classics, thinking how though you’ve done this so many times before, it’s always hard to think of a brand-new plot. You try to draw inspiration from your own life: a 19-year-old demigirl named Cellani taking a gap year after high school, perfectly content with a dog and a laptop.

Hmm. Maybe your main character could be around your age. What kind of story would it be? Your favorite genre is realistic fiction, but you like mixing it up and doing different types of realistic fiction. You keep pacing, back and forth, through the dark shelves, and you decide this short story will be romance.

So what’s it about? Could it be a fantasy romance? Maybe this girl is a princess of some other world and has an arranged marriage with someone, except obviously she doesn’t want to be with them, so when her new prince declares war she plays both sides and still meets up with her real boyfriend in another kingdom. Nah, that’s totally clichΓ©. But sometimes clichΓ© plots with a twist are good…

Ugh. Writing is fun, but it’s hard when you have no ideas. You don’t feel writer’s block, exactly, more like a writer’s pebbles. You want to write, and you feel all inspired in the light of the fire, but you have zero idea what to write about.

So you turn to your go-to writer’s block cure: get the genre you want to write, infuse it with a controversial topic you love to show your support to, and create a handful of characters each having a few of your traits so you can write them well. Then a smile spreads across your face...


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πšπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ: πš™πš’πš— πšŠπš—πš πš™πš•πš˜πš πš’πš˜πšžπš› πš’πšπšŽπšŠΒ 


So once you have an idea, you’re still not ready to type. If you’re a planner, at least. Smirking, you slide back into your chair, adjusting the flannel blanket across your lap and breathing in the heat of the crispy fire. You hover your fingers over the keys of your laptop, and write the premise of this short story: It’s an LGBTQ+ romance, with that clichΓ© love triangle with two boys and a girl, except that the girl realizes she’s asexual and adopts and gets a dog and cat instead and the two boys fall for each other, all while the three of them are struggling to find what college they want to go to and what major or minor during their gap year before college.Β 

You grin wider, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear and taking a slow slurp of your double-tea-bagged thermos. YOU HAVE AN IDEA, VICTORY!!!!

The clock reads 7 pm, and now you have a solid start to build on. Time to plan a little further: Creating your characters, adding all the traits and hobbies that make them 3D. You’ll learn more about them as you write them, of course, but you need a start to expand on.

So who’s the girl? All the characters are 18 or 19 as well, but you’ll be able to write her more fluently. You love names ending in β€˜i’ like your own, so maybe...Emmi? Nah, a bit boring. How about...Ammi? Ammi Jimenez?

Yeah. That’s it. She’ll be a writer and reader just like you, but also a runner. She’s kind of a tame, chill character, responsible and determined but also a bit feisty.Β 

You smile. Time for the boys. But picking names for boys is always hard, so you open up Safari and type in Unique male name lists. Of course you browse for way too longβ€”even after you find the right namesβ€”and finally decide on the names Tanix and Kayden for your characters, one bookish and outgoing, one sporty and feminine.

You type all this down and over the next ten minutes, you expand their characters further and plan important events in your plot. Soon you’ve got everyone written: what’s happening, who’s there, and what style.

Time for the best part of any short story:

The writing.


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πšπš˜πšžπš›: πš‹πš•πšŽπšŽπš πš’πš—πšπš˜ πšπš‘πšŽ πš”πšŽπš’πš‹πš˜πšŠπš›πšΒ 


Click click click, the sound of fingers on a keyboard echoes through the library. The moon comes out, silvery light sneaking through the blinds, the eerie peace of silence at night music to your ears. No little sisters bothering you, no parents saying go to bed, just a plan, fingers, and a Doc.

So you keep writing as the hours tick by. It’s hard to get going at the start; you keep checking texts or Wattpad or Reedsy or reading a bit more of that awesome eBook you purchased last week. But then the story takes off and you find your eyes unable to look away from the screen.

Writing is magical because the world revolves around you, but not around you. You create these other people and control them, yet in a sense they are their own people. At some point in every short story or novel you turn from the controller of this world to the scribe, from the outside looking in, just writing down what happens on its own. You feel yourself immersed in your own words, the rest of the world stopping as you pass between galaxies. You are the characters like the characters are you: each carries a little piece of yourself, whether your beliefs or your ideas, your dreams or your traits.

You become alive at night, fueled by two bags of caffeine and your fingers moving without your input. You reach that point where you’re literally thinking faster than you can type, so your ideas just hang there, on the edge of your mind, waiting patiently for your fingers to catch up.


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πšπš’πšŸπšŽ: πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšŠπšπš‘ 𝚘𝚏 πš’πš˜πšžπš› πš•πšŠπš™πšπš˜πš™Β 


Sadly, while you feel like a goddess typing, a writer with the power of creating worlds and people, your body needs sleep. (You can only run on caffeine and literature for so long, alas *dramatic sigh.*) Stupid body. And your laptop needs energy tooβ€”it’s about to die, and then you’ll be left alone, your ideas bursting out of your brain but with nowhere to put them. (*Double dramatic sigh.*)

It’s almost 12 am. You’ve written for hours straight. You grab your warm flannel blanket, extinguish the last dregs of fire, plug in your laptop, and collapse on a beanbag, trying to calm your racing mind. Taking a break in the middle of a short story is basically impossible, after all, but finally your eyes flutter shut and you drift into oblivion….


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πšœπš’πš‘: πš‹πšŠπšŒπš” 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πšŽ πšπš˜πš˜πšπš•πšŽ 𝚍𝚘𝚌: πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš—πšΒ Β 


You wake up, groggy and tired, but hey, what more could you want than a fully charged computer and a half-finished short story, if one a quarter energy? You roll out of the beanbag with a moan, and basically stay in that half-lidded state as you visit the librarian's desk until your thermos is full again with hot water and three tea bags. (Almost-all-nighters are tough, even for the most experienced and irresponsible authors.)

You relight the fire, do a few jumping jacks, and open your laptop. It’s 1 am. You’ve got six hours to finishβ€”more than enough (maybe). You read a chapter of the eBook to get back in the ~CrEaTiVe SpIrIt~, and once you’re done, you feel inspired and are roaring to go.

So you open the doc, skim the 5k+ words you’d written before, and jump write (HEHEHEHE BAD PUN) in.Β 

That magical feeling sparks again, the outside world fading away as you sit grinning in the dimly lit library, and you keep typing until sunlight streams in through the windows. The plot arc rises and falls, characters growing away from yourself and becoming their own people, everything tying together until you finally write the last line through your half-lidded eyes….

And that’s it.

It’s done.

You lift your fingers up and smile at the screen, reading that satisfying last paragraph over and over. A glimpse at the time says it’s 6 am, meaning you’ve got an hour until the library opens. After a whole night of writing with only a few hours of sleep, the 52-page novelette, your beautiful creation grown from the ink of your mind, is done.

You shut your raging-hot laptop and curl up on the beanbag again, falling asleep to sweet silence and shafts of sunlight just starting to emerge over the horizon.


πšœπšπšŽπš™ πšœπšŽπšŸπšŽπš—: πš™πš›πš˜πš˜πšπš›πšŽπšŠπš & πš™πš˜πšœπš


You come back to the library the next day, the librarian greeting you with a smile. You were on first-name terms with her by now, except for the fact that you never remembered names. β€œHave a fun time yesterday...morning? You were gone before sunrise, but you left your tea.”

You gratefully accept the thermos. β€œAh, yeah, sorry, I was totally pooped and barely made it out before the library opened. Must’ve forgotten this. And, oh, yes, of course, it was awesome. Just peace and quiet and caffeine and ideas.”

She chuckles. β€œYou’d better remember me when you’re a famous author, Cellani.”

You laugh too. β€œOf course.”

β€œWhat did you write?”

β€œAn LGBTQ+ romance-type thing,” you say. β€œIt was intended to be a short story but y’know, the plot kinda blossomed into a novelette.”

β€œAnd you wrote it all in one night?”

You grin at her, holding up your slim silver laptop and tapping it. β€œA gazillion hours of writing from sunset to sunrise, yup. I’m totally burned out now, but hey, it was fun. But this story ain’t gonna edit itself.” 

That was another annoying step in the staircase of a short story. Once you got the idea and finished the words, you had to skim the story and edit it further. Which wasn’t the best thing in the world.

The librarian gives you a pitiful gaze and ushers you towards the beanbag-chair-ringed fireplace area towards the back. β€œBetter get to it. Tell me when you post it!”

β€œOf course!” you yip back, making your way to the desk left out just for you.

You open the Google Doc and reread your story with fresh eyes after 24 hours ignoring it. You fix plot holes, correct typos, switch lines and cut enough words to bully the word count under 10k. Since you barely remember anything from yesterday’s blurry-eyed caffeine sesh, you find yourself immersed in the story all over again, this time as a reader instead of the writer.

You run a final spell-check with Grammarly and finally, you declare the story done. You found the time and place and calm to write a story, coaxed the idea out of your half hour of pacing, and spent basically a whole night writing on an hour of sleep and a lot of tea. You’re tired, ignored a bunch of responsibilities, and messed up your sleep schedule for about a week (#writer’sdon’tneednosleep), but you’ve done it. And now, as you open Wattpad with a smile, you’re ready to release your little literature baby into the world. :D



April 26, 2021 01:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

584 comments

Sia S
08:41 May 10, 2021

*le reminder R. 4 and Pt. 5*

Reply

15:03 May 10, 2021

Jusr read #4, I’ll try to do 5 soon!

Reply

Sia S
15:18 May 10, 2021

Okiee

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C.J Dunstall
23:28 May 09, 2021

hiiiiii

Reply

15:04 May 10, 2021

Hihihihi!

Reply

C.J Dunstall
00:17 May 17, 2021

how ya been?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I'm bored:) HELP πŸ₯Ί

Reply

15:56 May 09, 2021

YIKES HII

Reply

Hello:)

Reply

AERINNN, Am I weird??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
03:44 May 09, 2021

Hey Aerin :)))) I've been bored and lonely too lol how have you been doing?

Reply

15:58 May 09, 2021

Hiiii :DD Ack lol well henlo! Good! Tired tho. Blech. Wbu?

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:58 May 09, 2021

Hiiii :DD Ack lol well henlo! Good! Tired tho. Blech. Wbu?

Reply

TJ Squared
16:00 May 09, 2021

:) I'm pretty good, writing lots lol. If you could delete any subject what would it be and why?

Reply

20:29 May 09, 2021

Yaass awesome! History. It’s frickin stoopid. Literally all I need to know is in one history book, not a gazillion classes. Like, the American Revolution can be summed up in three sentences. It don’t need a whole unit. *sigh* Wbu lol

Reply

TJ Squared
22:06 May 09, 2021

oof. I'd say...maybe hmmm I'm not really sure...I feel like they are all important in their own way, even history. And, being a dynamic learner, I just like to try new things, and one thing isn't better than another if you get what I mean.

Reply

15:14 May 10, 2021

Eh. I’m pretty sure 3 years of school would be sufficient in learning all the basics XD High school should honestly be more like college cuz do I REALLY need to know about the components of an atom or trigonometry or whatnot? :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Hey Aerin! I sent you bunch of weird emails to save you from your boredom lol. ANywho, who ya doing!

Reply

15:59 May 09, 2021

Hiii! Oh yeah lol I saw XD Aw, good! Wbu?

Reply

15:03 May 10, 2021

Awesome!

Reply

oh btw love this story

Reply

19:15 May 11, 2021

Thank u lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
17:07 May 08, 2021

Pt. 4!

Reply

20:31 May 09, 2021

YASSSS WILL DO SOON (remind me if I forget lol)

Reply

Sia S
03:53 May 10, 2021

Okieee

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:29 May 08, 2021

Hello!

Reply

16:01 May 09, 2021

Hi!

Reply

21:31 May 09, 2021

I posted a new story. Would you mind giving me some feedback?

Reply

15:15 May 10, 2021

Of course! But you might need to remind me cuz I have a lot of stories to read right now lol

Reply

15:31 May 10, 2021

Lol, that's ok. I will!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Philia S
11:16 May 08, 2021

HEYOOOO AERINNN!!! IF YOU HAVE TIME; NEW STORY POSTED!!!! AND I CAN HALP AERIN FOUNDATION BE LESS BORED, CAUSE I AM TOO MOST OF THE TIMEE!!!!

Reply

20:29 May 09, 2021

YASSSS WILL DO SOON (remind me if I forget lol) TYYYY

Reply

Philia S
05:07 May 10, 2021

Thank you!!!!! :D DO YOU REALIZE PENCILS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TASTE PIZZA?!? *gasp*

Reply

15:03 May 10, 2021

LOL THAT IS SO DELIGHTFULLY RANDOM BUT ALSO LIKE TRU OH NOO- *le gasp #2*

Reply

Philia S
04:18 May 11, 2021

*triple gasp* lol, a friend sent it to me at freakin 12 and I sent it to you, since I was feeling this RANDOM AND ALL-CAPS MOOD-

Reply

19:16 May 11, 2021

*google plex gasp because I am a kindergarten* Omg lol-

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Phoenix LaRue
02:57 May 08, 2021

I don't say "Hi," I say "Β‘Hola!" πŸ˜‚ Anyway, how are you?

Reply

20:29 May 09, 2021

Lol hi! Goood! Wbuu

Reply

Phoenix LaRue
20:36 May 09, 2021

That's good! The past few days have been a bit busy for me, but I'm doing all right. I have two great story ideas for the party prompts, too.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:34 May 08, 2021

Hiii <33 Confused lol but oki XD

Reply

You said to record how muhc time it took for u to respond: About 1 hour and 30 min

Reply

20:30 May 09, 2021

Oh haha yeh lol, but to be fair, I often read notifs but respond later. Like thisXD

Reply

Oop-releatable. I just read the notifications, stare at it, and think: "Eh, I'm too lazy to respond now." Sorry for responding to your comment a day later though lol

Reply

19:30 May 11, 2021

Lol no worries I did that exact thing u just mentioned now-

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:34 May 08, 2021

hii

Reply

noice pfp :) how did you draw it?

Reply

16:01 May 09, 2021

Thanks lol XD I used the animating app FlipaClip :D

Reply

np :) oOoOh fAncY~ I could never animate, my drawings are really...interesting. to say the least XD

Reply

20:25 May 09, 2021

tHaNkS XD ackk I’m sure they’re great lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
22:26 May 07, 2021

yo

Reply

01:35 May 08, 2021

yoooo hey Sarah!!!! We haven’t talked in like a week *gasp*. Hru?

Reply

Sunny 🌼
11:06 May 08, 2021

pretty good! About to get a COVID test in a couple minutes hbu?

Reply

20:30 May 09, 2021

Ahhh good luck! (Well now it’s over soo...dO yOu HaVe CoViD? XD) Good as well! Bored. Tired. About to go to Swim Farm, ugh. Lol

Reply

Sunny 🌼
21:15 May 09, 2021

(nope, I tested negative!) Swim Farm? Is that like some kinda swimming meet thing?

Reply

15:05 May 10, 2021

(Yayyyy!!!) Kinda, lol. I’m not on any official swim teams but Swim Farm is this hour-long practice every week. It’s so annoyingggg ugh. But I (kinda) survived lol so halaa

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
16:18 May 07, 2021

Pt 3!

Reply

21:36 May 07, 2021

WOW SIS UR A FAST WRITER <3

Reply

Sia S
03:48 May 08, 2021

YESH THE POWER-

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
10:16 May 07, 2021

Have you heard from B. W? I can't find her.

Reply

13:24 May 07, 2021

Yup we were just talking, here’s her profile: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/b-w/

Reply

00:07 May 08, 2021

Thank you a ton!

Reply

01:34 May 08, 2021

Of course! <3

Reply

10:40 May 08, 2021

Oh, and Luke/litlover. I'm sorry, A bunch of people followed me and now I can't find anyone.

Reply

16:51 May 09, 2021

Oh lol, it’s fine! We were just talking too so here’s his link: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/litlover/

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:51 May 09, 2021

Oh lol, it’s fine! We were just talking too so here’s his link: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/litlover/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey Aerin! I just came back to check in on everyone. What happened to ur points?? ):

Reply

22:05 May 06, 2021

Heyyyy Kendra!! Eep, henlo! Ah, downvoted. By 30k. But jokes on the downvoter, I’ve still got like almost 2k followers and get quite a bit of feedback on each story, which, however the downvoter may try, they can’t take away XD Frr tho lol, I always say points don’t matter and some people accuse me of totally being a hypocrite by then caring about them, but no, basically nothing changed after losing half my points so lol~ WOW THAT WAS A LONG ANSWER TO A SHORT QUESTION Sorry I just got off Quora I’m in the spirit XD Hru?

Reply

No way! Omg congratssss! Yeah, it's so cool how you're still writing!!! Yay! And omg, I totally relate on the hypocrite part. In Among Us, I mean. jKkk After I saw ur account, I've been downvoted too I'm not even on the leaderboard anymore lol Haha srsly? I used to do quora too, but I deleted my account for no reason. I'm good! I've been doing so much lately...I transferred to a new middle school and I took a test there, and it's so freaking big. The lockers are orange and everything. EVERYONE IS HUGEEE LIKE AM I IN THE WRONG SCHOOL Hbu?...

Reply

14:30 May 07, 2021

Lol idk wut you’re responding to but ty hehe!!!!!! Yeshh lol Ah, yeah, almost everyone was, I’m sorry πŸ₯Ί But yo you were still da first person ever to hit 1k followers so idk your awesome legacy lives on XDDD well oki cool hehe Aw noice! Ooooooh cool. I’m pretty sure I was supposed to feel that way when I first went to middle school but since I have a public-but-private middle school (like it’s a lottery to get in so there’s not a lot of people) there’s actually less people than my elementary school, lol XDD yassssssss kween omg lol bootifu...

Reply

hehe and ur probably like the fastest person that joined this site and hit a thousand followers and on the leaderboard!! Queen you deserved ittt πŸ’—πŸŽ΅βœ¨ Ohh that's so cool. LeSs? u gotta be kidding me lol why tyβ™‘ πŸ˜‚

Reply

21:33 May 07, 2021

meeeeep tyyyyy Kendraa ❀️πŸ₯Ί and AHEM NO UR DA ✨KWEEN✨ here πŸ’—πŸ₯° well that was a lot of emojis in one lineβ€”

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Philia S
14:34 May 06, 2021

Heya Aerin!!! Long time no see, or rather talk!!!!

Reply

19:47 May 06, 2021

Heyyy Kween!!!! Ah yes lol ~ hiiii! Hru?

Reply

Philia S
06:09 May 07, 2021

Better than ever!!! Currently freaking out since I have absolutely NO idea about what to do for mother's dayyy HALP MEEE

Reply

14:27 May 07, 2021

Noiceee!! AHHHHHHH SAMEEEEE IDKKKKKK I’m probably just gonna make a card and give my mom chocolate lol

Reply

Philia S
14:34 May 07, 2021

Noice...Hope she'll enjoy her day!!! I ended up writing an unfinished and unplanned story, lol(it literally has no plot rn and the story literally consists of a poem *inserts rolling eyes*-sorry, am using laptop and too lazy to click on Windows+.) Edit: Lol, you didn't even ask and I- Sorry I love talking when I'm in the mood- which I am always-

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cole Lane
02:38 May 06, 2021

AERINNN B! Your last paragraph is so the life of everyone here!! This story is awesome, 'the plot kinda blossomed into a novelette' why is that always the way? 'You fix plot holes, correct typos, switch lines, and cut enough words to bully the word count under 10k' ... or 3K in this case. :) The struggle is fun ... but real! Thanks for this!

Reply

19:54 May 06, 2021

Ackkk I really appreciate it, Cole!!!! Hehe, exactly :) Tyyy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
15:01 May 05, 2021

~le reminder~

Reply

21:39 May 05, 2021

yaassss shanks Soooo...random-questions-to-carry-the-conversation time! For 24 hours you get $1,000 for every person you make cry but you can't physically harm anyone. What do you do?

Reply

Sia S
05:25 May 06, 2021

:PP Umm.... if o have to get the money, I would talk about insecurities, or world hunger? Idk lol

Reply

19:53 May 06, 2021

noice loooll

Reply

Sia S
04:49 May 07, 2021

Yesshhh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kendi Karimi
06:38 May 05, 2021

You captured writing as you wrote and did it very well indeed. This was a wonderful read. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Reply

21:52 May 05, 2021

Aww thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.