Strange Life

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Start your story in an empty guest room.... view prompt

0 comments

Lesbian Adventure Science Fiction

The cold brisk wind was blowing outside, it was the start of summer and the mornings were still cold. The guest room had nothing inside, the family of the house were liars and had done people’s dirty work for years, the ones that lived in that room had run away to a place far and safe for themselves.

Ten years before that, Jackalope, a young girl at the time, had been living in the house never going outside due to her ‘Curse’. She was a mutant; she had a large mixture of animals and monsters within her DNA. Her mother wouldn’t care if she went outside, but her father on the other hand did, he didn’t want to be a laughing stock at work. Jackalope had three siblings, one was already out of the house, the other two were in middle school. There was a commotion outside for the past four days cause there was a place where abandoned children would be taken, everyone thought it was to kill them to get them off of the streets. One night there was an announcement that a child had escaped from them and was a threat to others. For the time being till the child was found they would keep a lock in place for those without jobs so there were fewer people on the streets. The family was interrupted during their dinner by a knock on the door. The mother got up to go open the door, ignoring her husband telling her not to. When she opened the door there was a little girl with a number 500 in black on her neck and she was in a white shirt that was soaked from the rain, along with white boots, and a skirt. Her eyes were puffy and she looked to be a large mixture of monsters. The mother looked down the street and saw the people of the “Child Street Clean-Up”. That's when she learned they didn’t kill these kids, they did experiments on them. The mother pulled the kid into the house and told Jackalope to go hide with the girl in the guest room.

“Hello ma’am, have you seen a little girl in all white around here,” The worker asked as he looked past the woman in the door, looking at the table where the family was sitting still eating. He noticed the extra spot at the table.

“Ma'am, who was at that extra seat at your table?” he asked.

“My only daughter is upstairs using the restroom.” mother said as she closed the door.

My mother was 38 and my father was 40 at the time, I had met Twich on accident, We have been very happy with each other. I decided she could come live in my room, but my parents moved me into the guest room with Twich and gave my room to my brother Ran, one of the twins, they were both 12. I didn’t understand why I was moved but I didn't care. 

I asked my mother why she had me hide too, the answer was: “To keep them from taking you away with the other girl”. My mother used to have a job but she left to raise me instead of working. I had always been different from my family and didn’t let me join them. I didn’t think anything of it till that night. The worker seemed familiar to me, I was looking out the window through the black curtains. I don’t remember anything from before I was four, cause I was in an accident when I was three according to my parents. My brother says that he remembers me being in the hospital for about a year in and out of surgeries. I do have these six scars on my back two on each shoulder blade and two on my lower back, I had believed that for years till I met Twich, she had the same scars as me. When I turned ten I said something that surprised everyone: “Am I truly your child?”, That is what I said, my parents were silent. My brother KJ told me that my mother had taken me from the same place that Twich was from, that's why she didn’t work anymore.

I was so confused that I was the child of some random person. Little did I know that they were going to send me back along with Twich cause we were special and needed to know what love was for the last step of the project. Jackalope instantly ran up the stairs and grabbed the money she had been hiding in case something happened, she woke Twich up and opened the window, Twich had grabbed some dark clothes and other things to hide who they were. They had climbed out of the window and ran Jackalope had enough money out ready to pay for their tickets to get on the train.

When they got on the train there was a woman that walked up to the girls and told them to come with her. The lady took them to a seat with a door that could be closed and locked. 

“Hello girls, I will be taking you with me to shelter”. She said, 

“What, how do you know who we are?” Twich asked.

“I have watched you girls grow up, I should show my true form to help you trust me,” She said.

The woman showed us her tail was a scorpion tail but she had wings. She then explained that she was going to take us to the school she taught at full of runaways. I and Twich never thought we would ever be safe from the liars of the town Smog. I started to go to school, I loved it. I was far behind with my levels but most of the classes had a relation to our mutant DNA. Both Twich and I learned how to hide our form and were told we would be going back to Smog to free the little kids out of the labs. I was to pose as a new worker there by the name ‘Jackie’. Twich was going to be my pet, she was able to form into a cat, she would be a grey cat with a blue hue to her fur. We were a little nervous but I knew we would be going back if we stayed by the rules of the mission. We made our own mission to close the lab for good and show the people of Smog what they did to innocent kids. I and Twich have been dating for a few years now. We have become very close and share a room where others are confused about how that is possible with our different mutant types. We had shared a room for five years so it's not too different, the only difference is that there is better heating, along with more space for our stuff. We leave for Smog in three days. It's not much time but it will be a huge deal to us. I don't plan on doing anything large for a few weeks but I need to get over the feeling that this is where I am from. I love my girl but there is a risk doing this mission, I’m only 15 meaning that I am one of the youngest to go on a mission, Twich is 14 almost 15 she is four months younger than me. 

We have arrived at Smog train station, I just have to find my host family, I don’t have much with me to make a quick leave if needed. Of course, my host family is the family that I ran away from. This is going to be interesting. I knocked on the door, someone I didn’t know opened the door and called for Mary. She's a widow, her husband had died a few months ago. It’s going to be hard to get used to fake that I don’t know the house. Turns out the family who lived here had moved to a different house within the town. I was relieved, the person that opened the door told me that their name was Tex, he was a very quiet person. Tex told me that I didn’t need to hide inside the house. I was confused and asked what he meant, I blinked and he had turned into a mutant. Mary was one too. Now I feel a lot better staying here. I put Twich down so she could shift, She always amazes me with her shifting. I love her but she likes to be a show-off, she never complains when I carry her but she doesn’t like it when I’m holding her while she shifts, she is always sleepy afterward. 

“I’m sleepy, Jaxy,” Twitch said.

I ask what room we will be staying in, Tex told me there is only one bed cause they weren’t expecting Twich. I of course told him that it’s fine, we share a bed at school anyways. When I got to the room it had dark teal curtains and a neatly set up desk with a bed next to it. I told Tex, thank you and asked when dinner was. I had an hour till 6, so I decided to cuddle with Twich, I didn’t think that she would sleep well without her cuddles. When supper came around I started to head downstairs when Tex quickly told me to hide my form and act as if I was doing work and have Twich shift to her cat form. That’s when I knew that the Lab workers were here, Tex also told me that once a week they come over and eat with them. This mission means everything to us we have to can't let it end with our failure.

June 04, 2021 00:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.