32 comments

Sad Friendship Creative Nonfiction

January 16th, 2018,


It was the turn where the eight-year-olds in the Ferrel's Adoption Center got their chance to play. All the kids were in a big playground, and they had lots of things to play with. Many slides, swings, merry-go-rounds, blocks, and balls. The kids were going to have fun.

All except for Tina, of course.

"You go ahead, Lannie, I'll be fine. I'll just wait here, and play with the blocks." Tina told her best sister Lannie.

You see, Tina and Lannie were more than best friends. They felt like they were family. Though, they never had one.Β 

Once, they had made a friendship truce. That they would always stick together, no matter what happened. That they would be kind to each other, and help one another all the time.

They swore toΒ neverΒ break the oath.

"But...don't you wanna play?" Lannie asked Tina. She was upset and frowned.

"No, I don't think so. They won't let me play monkey in the middle with them. Just because I'm in a wheelchair." Tina mumbled, looking upset.

"Don't worry, I know how to take care of Cary and Molly, those big fat bullies." Lannie clenched her fists and tightened her jaw.

"What are youβ€”"

"Trust me, I won't get in trouble."Β 

"O-ok,"Β 

Lannie walked up to Cary and Molly, looking innocent.

"Hey, guys! Can Tina and I play?" Lannie asked them.

"What do you want? You act like the bodyguard of Miss Wheely over there. Besides, do you really think that loser can ever play? She can't even walk!" Cary mocked Tina, and Molly laughed.

Lannie's face was painted red. She couldn't hold her anger in. They had just made fun of her friend again. This time, she promised that she won't let those two continue making fun of her.

She raised her first and started to slowly walk in front of them. Then, she looked at both sides to make sure no one was looking at them. Then, she pushed Cary and punched her in the face. Though Lannie's hands were filled with blood, Cary had lost her front two teeth.

Molly looked too afraid to make movements.

"Hey, you! Do you see what happened to your friend? If you behave like her, then this is what you're gonna get." Lannie had warned her, as she snatched the ball from Molly and walked towards Tina.

Molly ran away from Cary, still trying to process what had just happened.

"I'm back! We can play ball, not monkey in the middle, ok?" Lannie told Tina.

"Umm...sure!" she responded. Then, she heard Cary sobbing very loudly like she was going to die. "WHAT HAPPENED TO CARY?"

"Oh, nothing. Umm, she's a baby! She cries for everything." Lannie lied, sweat dripping from her forehead.

"No, something did happen to her. Look at the blood dripping from her mouth! W-we need to tell Mrs. White about this! Come, quickly!" she pulled Lannie's hand and she moved her wheelchair as fast as she could.

"Mrs. White, you see, Cary got injured and her two front teeth fell out. Please, she needs immediate medical assistance."Β 

"Oh no! Thank you for letting me know, Tina." Mrs. White had looked very worried and tensed.

As they reached where Cary was sobbing, there had been a huge crowd. All the kids had gathered up to her to see what had happened.Β 

As Tina rolled her wheelchair, she saw Lannie waiting across the room.Β 

"What happened?! Cary! Please, tell me! Oh no my child, here, I'll get you an ice-pack." Mrs. White had started rushing inside the building when Molly screamed.

"MRS. WHITE!!! IT WAS TINA WHO PUSHED CARY! LANNIE WAS IN IT TOO!"

"WHAT?!" she shrieked back. "Tina!? Y-you? Lannie?! How can it be you two? I thought you were nice kids! Did anyone else see this happening?" Mrs. White had looked very confused and disappointed at the same time.

Everyone chorused, "Yes we did! Lannie didn't do much. It was mostly Tina! She was the one who hurt poor Cary!"Β 

Though no one had seen what happened, they had all said the same thing Molly screamed.Β 

Suddenly, Lannie barged in the conversation.

"How could you lie like that? All of you! Tina didn't do anything! I was the one who did it! Why do you all keep blaming her?! What has she ever done to any one of you? You all are such ruthless people! Just because Tina has a disability, you all see her as a different person! I wouldn't have minded if you all would just blame it on me, but innocent Tina? In fact, did you all even see what really happened? No, of course, you all didn't! You all are just liars! All your pants should be burned by now, and your noses should reach the other end of the world!" Lannie hollered at everyone.

"It's ok, Lannie. I'm used to this. That's why you're my best friend. You are the only person who has ever seen the good in me, and I want to thank you for that. Also, Mrs. White, you were the kindest teacher in here. I wish I could spend more time with you all." Tina said as she rolled inside the building.

"Wait, where are you going Tina? Stop!" Lannie had followed Tina.

"You know what? Let that fool and her bodyguard go! They're worthless anyways! Do you really think two orphan eight-year-olds are going to survive in this world by themselves?" Molly asked sarcastically, and everyone resumed what they were doing.

Mrs. White, though, ran inside the building frantically.

"Kids! No, no! Kids? Kids! Wh-where are you?" she had screamed inside the empty hallways, but they were nowhere to be found.

Lannie and Tina had both ran away from the orphanage together, and wherever they went, they swore to be sisters. Though they had no hope that they were going to survive, they knew that they would always be together, no matter what happened to them.Β 

~The End~


February 04, 2021 20:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

32 comments

So I finally wrote 5 stories for all of the contest in January. That's about 20+ stories in a month. Gotta say, I am getting really inspired to write more! Thank you all!! <3

Reply

Nainika Gupta
02:35 Feb 05, 2021

OMG how amazing!!! such dedication, Haripriya!! XD

Reply

Nainika Gupta
22:00 Feb 05, 2021

:) would you mind checking out my newest story??!

Reply

Nainika Gupta
22:02 Feb 05, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nancy Drayce
22:30 Feb 04, 2021

Aw!!! I love this story! I was immersed from the start to finish! I really liked the characterisation of your characters, amazing!! The idea, the writing, ah, just lovely! Just one thing, did you mean to write "It's ok, Tina" or Lannie here? I mean in this paragraph "It's ok, Tina. I'm used to this. That's why you're my best friend. You are the only person who has ever seen the good in me, and I want to thank you for that. Also, Mrs. White, you were the kindest teacher in here. I wish I could spend more time with you all." Tina said as sh...

Reply

Thank you so much!! Also, oops, I did mean to put 'Lannie' there. Eek! Sorry about that!

Reply

Nancy Drayce
22:50 Feb 04, 2021

It happens! Nothing to worry! 😊

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:18 Feb 13, 2021

Incredible loved it!!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply

I really liked this story... I mean the relationship between Tina and Lannie you painted was fabulous. I don't get a chance to read many others because I write for my local paper and writes in here as well as a book I am writing, so when I have a chance and I see a story like this, it just makes me smile...

Reply

Ah, thank you so much Christy. Also no worries, I always love your stories. :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
02:34 Feb 05, 2021

what a really gripping story, with the dates helping the flow of the story! awesome job! -N

Reply

Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:15 Feb 05, 2021

Shout out writer IVY HATHERALL https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/ivy-hatherall/ FRANCES https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/frances/ Shout out story https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/78/submissions/52220/ {This story is amazing. A must read} This week's list. Please do read their stories and give them feedback. It will boost their confidence and give them a nice moral support

Reply

Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.