30 comments

Drama Gay

Fifth part of Home. Enjoy! It has nothing to do with the prompt.

 

 

“Thanks for driving me.” Daniel tells Catherine as she parks.

She smiles. "No problem. Do you need me to pick you up?”

“No thanks.” He tells her, opening his door. “TJ will drive me back.”

“OK. See you later then.” She says, pulling out of the parking lot, waving to him.

He turns, and heads to the entrance of the Mic Drop movie theater.

He goes inside to wait for TJ. He got there ten minutes early.

He sits on a bench inside, and passes the time by looking through pictures on his phone.

“Hey, Danny.” A soft voice says.

Daniel looks up, and grins. Standing there, in a red t-shirt, and blue jeans, is TJ.

He has curly black hair, tanned skin, and bright green eyes. He’s about the same size as Daniel, but stronger. He also has an annoyingly amazing smile. 

Daniel thinks he’s the most perfect person on earth. 

He stands up, and pulls TJ’s face towards his, connecting their lips.

TJ’s hands go to Daniels waist, and he tilts his head. Daniel brings a hand up, and twists it in TJ’s hair. 

When they break apart, Daniel hugs him tight.

“Don't leave again,” He murmurs. “I missed you so much.”

TJ smiles. “I bet I missed you more.”

Daniel pulls back, and raises an eyebrow. “I’m pretty sure that's not true.”

“Don’t argue with me.” TJ tells him, poking Daniel's side, making him laugh. “I thought we were going to watch a movie.”

Daniel laces his fingers through TJ’s. “I can argue with you, and watch a movie.”

“Not in a movie theater. It’s against the rules.” TJ says as they go to get pay for the movies.

“Technically, we're not actually in the actual theater yet. So, right now, I can argue with you.” Daniel points out, as they get their tickets.

They walk to the food counter. “Do you want to argue, or talk to me?

“Technically, we’re not arguing. We’re talking.” Daniel tells him, grinning.

“Stop with the technicalities.” TJ says, making Daniel laugh again.

They order a large buttered popcorn to share, and both get a soda. Then, they head inside the theater.

 

Daniel loves watching movies with TJ, because TJ notices every mistake, figures everything out early, and has a dozen theories about everything. He whispers his opinions to Daniel the whole time. It should be annoying, but not to Daniel. He loves it.

“Why doesn't he just hit him with the knife?” TJ whispers in the middle of the movie.

Daniel takes a drink, then says, “I think the term you're looking for, is ‘stab.’”

“Shut up. You know what I meant.”

At the end, Daniel hears TJ sniffling.

“Are you crying?” He asks in amazement. TJ never cries.

TJ sniffs again. “No. I’m having an allergic reaction to the movie. “

“ Yeah, I don't think that's possible.” Daniel whispers.

“Then why is it happening?” He replies.

He shakes his head, smiling, and chews some popcorn.

 

They throw away their cups in the trash by the door, as they leave. 

“That was a terrible movie.” TJ declares.

Daniel raises an eyebrow. “Because it made you cry?”

“Allergies!” TJ cries. 

Daniel laughs. “Sure.”

“It’s not like you don't cry.” TJ says defensively.

Daniel snorts. “When is the last time you've seen me cry?”

TJ thinks about it. “Okay, I don’t know, but I will think of a time.”

“Okay, you do that.” Daniel says as they walk out of the building.

“It’s only,” Daniel checks his phone. “1:30. What do you want to do?”

TJ looks around. “Let's go to Golden Biscuit. I’m hungry.” 

Golden Biscuit was the diner they went to often.

“You literally just ate.” Daniel told him.

TJ pulled out his keys. “No, you ate. I barely got any popcorn.”

“Okay. Let's go, then.” Daniel said as they walked to TJ’s car.

 

Ten minutes later, they pull into the parking lot of Golden Biscuit.

TJ works there, since his parents own the place. Daniel’s there all the time, and they both know most of the people that work there.

“Hi Miranda. Like the hair.” TJ says to the blue haired waitress as they go inside.

She turns and smiles. “Thanks. Did it yesterday.” She dyes her hair often, and Daniel always likes seeing the new colors.

They get seated right away, since there aren't many customers. 

They sit in a booth across from each other.

“Usual?” Miranda asks them. They nod, and she goes to the counter. Daniel always gets a grilled cheese sandwich, fries, and a milkshake. TJ gets a hamburger, fries, and hot chocolate.

Daniel tells TJ about Catherine, her house, and Angel. TJ tells him about his cousin's house, and how boring it was.

“You have got to let me meet your mom.” TJ begs, as they get their food.

Daniel bites into his sandwich. “Sure. You can meet her if you drive me over there.”

“Seriously?” TJ says. “Wait - I was going to drive you anyway!”

 Daniel shrugs. “Win-win, my love.”

TJ rolls his eyes and snorts, and then takes a sip of hot chocolate.

“Have you heard from your dad?” TJ asks him.

He shakes his head, and bites his lip. “No.”

TJ raises an eyebrow, and taps his mouth. “You’re lying.”

 Daniel stops biting his lip.

“Fine, yes, kind of.” Daniel says, pulling out his phone, and passing it to TJ. “I haven't read it yet. I didn't want to.” He eats a fry and watches TJ’s face.

TJ reads it, and clenches his jaw. Then tries to make it less obvious when he sees Daniel studying his face.

Too late. Daniel thinks, already reaching for the phone.

“Oh, no. What is it? Let me see. Am I in trouble? What is it?” Daniel demands.

TJ gives Daniel his phone back.

 

Dad: I’m not happy, son. You need to come home. Don’t make me come find you.

 

Daniel drops the phone on the table, and covers his face. “I’m so dead.”

TJ reaches across the table. “You are not. He’s not going to find you. Please don’t freak out.”

“Why not?” Daniel asks.

“Because,” TJ says, grinning. “You haven't even gotten your birthday gift yet.”

 

 

What do you think the gift is?

January 19, 2021 17:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

30 comments

💫 Sophia 💫
17:20 Jan 19, 2021

This story was amazing. I love the storyline and I love how you show acceptance through your stories. (I am bisexual) So, it's nice to see more inclusive authors. Again, wonderful story. Also, I hope you consider checking out my page! :)

Reply

Ari Berri
17:21 Jan 19, 2021

Thank you! I'm pan, most of my stories are LGBTQ+. Glad you liked it!

Reply

💫 Sophia 💫
17:22 Jan 19, 2021

That's exactly why your page stood out to me.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
12:48 Mar 24, 2021

Another cliffhanger!!!!! I will admit I do love writing them, just not being left on one LOL. Really amazing Ari. Such a lovely story. Though as of now I am not part of the LGBTQ+ community, I support it and I really like that you write about it. I have a friend who would really love to read these. I might point them in your direction. Thanks for blessing us with your writing again :)

Reply

Ari Berri
14:09 Mar 24, 2021

Thank you!!! I'm glad you like it. =)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:47 Jan 20, 2021

So... let's not say what my guess is for... reasons. This entire work felt so natural like the characters were real.

Reply

Ari Berri
19:47 Jan 20, 2021

....okay...Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
ALINA Manha
17:05 Jan 20, 2021

I L. O. V. E it sooooooo much. I am dying to know what happens next. Your writing is just so magical and beautiful. I can't explain how much I love this story. ✨✨✨✨ Your stories are wonderful, great, fantastic, fabulous, beautiful, creative, unique and very original. Keep writing and have a great day ahead

Reply

Ari Berri
17:25 Jan 20, 2021

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. This made my day.

Reply

ALINA Manha
21:31 Jan 20, 2021

You're welcome! Aawww, that makes me happy to know that you are happy. 😊 You do not know how much I love this story. 😄 I get obsessed when I read an amazing story. 😬

Reply

Ari Berri
22:59 Jan 21, 2021

I finished the next part!

Reply

ALINA Manha
23:30 Jan 21, 2021

Yay! Thank you sooooooo much for letting me know. I will go check it out right away.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
09:06 Jan 20, 2021

Awesome! It was SUPER cute. I really loved it. And I guess that the gift would be the ring and they would get married, right? Anyways I want the next part.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:00 Jan 20, 2021

Thank you! Nice guess. I might post the next part this week.

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:11 Jan 20, 2021

you're welcome. and thnx. that would be great!

Reply

Ari Berri
22:59 Jan 21, 2021

Finished!

Reply

Amel Parvez
01:38 Jan 22, 2021

Woah! You are fast! I can't wait to read it😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Why the cliffhanger's? Reading the comment's, I see a lot of people are either bi or pan-(I think their the same thing to be honest.) I don't hate them, I support them. If anyone's making fun of you for being bi or pan or something part of LGBTQ+ just tell me. I'll be indeed very mad at them. Also, you have to stop making those cliffhanger's, their driving me insane.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:06 Jan 20, 2021

1: I love cliffhangers. 2: I definitely will. 3: Maybe...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
22:59 Jan 21, 2021

I finished!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Why did I unfollow youuuuuu u g h

Reply

Ari Berri
01:08 Jan 20, 2021

XD

Reply

XDDDD I PRESSED DA WRONG BUTTON XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Reply

Ari Berri
01:11 Jan 20, 2021

Ohhhh. It's fine.

Reply

Ari Berri
01:13 Jan 20, 2021

Really, its fine. Are you working on a new story?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
18:01 Feb 15, 2021

Hmmmmm! I think the gift is a bomb so they can blow up Daniel's old home (actually no that's too tame...)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.