0 comments

Bedtime Adventure Fantasy

So, it was a nice morning, granny was reading magazines sitting comfortably on her armchair and I was in the backyard, just playing alone with my toys.

Meanwhile, I shivered as she shouted in her high pitch voice saying, "You brat!" I just stood up and drop that flower on the bundle and she ran off to me.

"What are you doing, Roseline?" She asked.

"Nothing much, granny, just plucking the flowers," I replied in a sweet voice.

"Ohh, so my girl is just plucking the flower," she said making me feeling more uncomfortable.

"Yes!" I replied.

"Why are you doing so?" She asked.

"Because I love these flowers." I answered.

"No just like them, if you love them you'll not pluck them." She said. "Ok, leave it and tell me what about those aloe and evergreen plants?"

"Aloe plants are covering a lot of space and I don't like these evergreen plants, so that is why I am plucking them." I said hesitantly.

"You know you're not only plucking plants from root but also plucking yourself from Earth," she replied.

"I didn't get it," I answered.

"No worries," she replied. "Come inside I want you to hear a story from me."

"Story, yeah!" I said. "Thanks Miss Granny."


We both headed inside and sat down on a mat with some cookies and my favourite mango drink.


Granny started,

Long ago, there lived a girl called Sofia. Sofia was cute, charming and attractive with curly red brown hairs, yellow green eyes and redy lips. She was same as your age Roseline and that is eight years old. But she had a bad habit as same as you, that was of plucking flowers - plants without any reason. It was worse than you my dear girl.

Her parents, grandparents, teachers and other taught her a lot about plants that she should not pluck them by telling the importance of it. That how it provides us with oxygen, fruits, vegetables, wood for furniture, cotton and jute, etc. There was no affect of it on Sofia. She was insist on plucking them without any reason. This made her elders worry about it. Her friends were also copying her and other children were coping her friends in plucking.


One day it happened so, on a rainy day with a rainbow colour umbrella Sophia wandered to park all alone with no body around her. She sat on a desk for a while. Than her eye targeted at a adorable kitten with green eyes and it was white in colour with a pinkish glow, so beautiful. Sophia followed the cat. The cat reached to an grotto and so Sophia reached and then the cat went inside it but Sophia didn't she just sat down there and start thinking what it is like to have a pet like her.


Meanwhile she found herself in that grotto with that cat. At first the grotto was all black and dark but as she stepped inside a beam came out from inside it and lead them both to the place where the grotto ended. When Sophia was having a look there that how that place wasn't any less than a dreamland a sweet voice came, Hi Sophia! Nice to meet you.

What! It was from that similar cat which has now been turned into a fairy, an ugly fairy as she turned into an disgusting fairy the same place started to turn into a unpleasant place with all dark and grey sky with black and dirty clouds and half cut trees, that was very scary.

This made little , immature Sophia all shocked.

Disgusting fairy put her hand on her shoulder with affection which scared her even more.

"No need to worry, my dear," said the fairy to the little girl.

"What's this all?" Sophia asked in crickled voice.

"No need to fear," fairy said. "You wanna know what's this all happening, right?"

"Right." Sophia answered.

"It all started when I's 15 years old fairy in fairy land, I used to had a bad habit of plucking innocent plants and then it happened so that that one day queen fairy saw it all, and then she said me not to do so in future. But I didn't gave it a sight. On another day she again saw me again doing so, I's plucking plants from park because I was enjoying it. Queen fairy gave me a curse of 2 years exile. In this 2 years of exile I hafta stay on Earth in this grotto in morning I'll be a pleasant cat and in night I'll be an unpleasant fairy."

"Isn't this too cruel of her," said Sophia.

"No, it's not." Fairy or that cat replied. " At first I also used to think this but later on I get what queen fairy mean. She cursed me that when I will become a cat the environment around me will like a dreamland, so pleasing but when I'll become a fairy the environment around me will become disgusting, scary. The only difference between both is one had plenty of trees and other not but it has just one aloe on which I'm surviving on as it's a very powerful plant providing me with oxygen. This step of queen fairy taught me a lesson that how important these trees are for us. And this is what now I want you to understand dear Sophia. I hope you are getting me."


"Yes dear fairy I'm getting you. I swear not to pluck anymore from now onwards," said Sophia to the fairy.


Meanwhile this, "Sophia, Sophia.... " Such voice came and Sophia started rubbing her eyes and got it that it was a dream. Her mother was calling her to go for home.

From this day Sophia got changed and on the very next day she planted 6 plants in garden. Looking at her, her friends also did this, and looking at her friends other children also did it.


"I got you granny," said Roseline. "I promise you too that I'll not pluck anymore from now. And I also got what you mean by plucking plants from root is equal to plucking yourself from Earth. As if we will pluck the plants there will no one of them will left and obviously without them how can we survive."

"That's my girl," granny praised Roseline.














April 19, 2021 12:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.