2 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Many people become heroes because they want to fight for justice and to save others from the villains of others. Other people become heroes for the glory and the riches. Or perhaps, people become heroes because they want to defeat the villain. As for me, I am both the hero and the villain. However, my reasons to become both are different than most. I became the hero and the villain simply because of the fun of it.

That probably confused you. Maybe I should clarify myself a little bit.

Maybe I should just explain what it’s like for me on an ordinary day. Perhaps you would somewhat understand my situation. It’s rather funny.

I am known as Miracle, the famous superhero is able to get out of any situation, and hence my name, I am able to turn the odds of any circumstance. I’ve been in the superhero industry for about two years, and in that short time, my status as a superhero has exploded. Since I saved a whole city from the infamous supervillain, Tragedy, I’ve been regarded as a symbol of hope. And since then, I’ve been asked to take the majority of the jobs of saving the world. Sometimes it’s easy to do, but for the most part, I’m basically tripping over my toes trying to save the world.

By the way, Tragedy is an infamous supervillain. Tragedy is known for causing a lot of havoc around the city, but has never been caught. Tragedy wasn’t a very well known supervillain until her name blew up two years ago, when I arrived at the scene. You could say that we became pretty famous at the same time. I guess we sort of owe each other for our fame.

Alright. So explaining my daily life of being a hero. Let’s start with today.

Today I wake up to my sister shaking my arm. It’s six am, and my sister shakes me to wake me up from my slumber. I’m not much of a morning person, and since I normally sleep through my alarms, it’s up to my sister to wake me up. I get out of bed, put on my hero suit, and go to the superhero headquarters to see what I have in store for today.

Once I reach superhero headquarters, I am given an assignment that has a schedule of what I will do for the day. I have an interview from ten am to noon, then lunch, and the highlight of my day, a mission to investigate the hideout of Tragedy. After the mission, I would eat dinner, and sometimes, stay late at the superhero headquarters to take part in night time missions. I normally don’t stay late past my hours because it makes it hard for me to wake up in the mornings, but nevertheless it’s in my schedule because well, crime never sleeps.

I go to my interview spending most of the time abstaining myself from yawning, trying to keep my appearance, and counting the minutes to noon. Afterward, I leave for lunch at a nearby cafe, texting my sister the events of my day, and reminding her not to be late. A few hours later, I’m in a car driving to Tragedy’s hideout. 

Once we reach the hideout, I get out of the car and look at my surroundings. I’m told that Tragedy’s hideout is underground, and is mostly surrounded by a forest. In front of me, is a steel iron door, of which I assume is the entranceway. Unfortunately for me, I’m not working alone on the job. This time, I’m followed with other superheroes that are supposedly “reinforcements” to help me finish the job. I normally don’t like working with other superheroes; they’re too mixed up in their ideals to take a joke. Sadly, I can’t do anything about working with them other than dealing with it. The more the merrier I guess.

I refocus on the mission. My job would be to venture underground into the hideout, and to investigate the hideout for any evidence of Tragedy’s plans. Easy peasy. To work with everyone else, not so much. 

I sigh, then explain to everyone else that I would enter the hideout first, and would call them if I needed help. Hopefully for me I would have enough time in the hideout. I also told them that if they didn’t hear from me within fifteen minutes, they were to enter the hideout and find me. From here, no one questions me, which is both a relief and an annoyance. Hardly anyone here enjoys a conversation unless it’s to brag or boast about their goals and their values. On most days, we work in silence and only talk about our busy schedules or the missions that we would be completing for the day. Hopefully after today, maybe everyone would have something exciting to talk about.

I observe the steel door of Tragedy’s hideout. After opening it, I slowly walk down the stairs, trying to seem cautious, when I’m actually bored. I don’t spare a glance as I reach the dark bottom. The bottom of the stairs lead to a dark room covered in screens showing cameras eyeing the superheros that accompanied me here. I walk briskly past the screen, trying to find a familiar face, ignoring my surroundings. I feel a jolt of surprise as I feel a light tap on my shoulders, and turn around to see my sister holding a mask and a dark outfit. I sigh in relief.

“Hurry up! We only have five minutes left until the rest of the team gets here!”

Quickly, my sister and I switch costumes. I quietly whisper to her my schedule and my plans for the rest of the day. As long as she’s pretending to be me, she has the choice to do whatever she wants to do as a superhero. As soon as we’re done, I run off, as swiftly and quietly as I can. As I hear the footsteps of many superheroes, I slip the mask on my face, grinning as I run to the back of a hideout, where a black jet awaits me. Shouts increase as I get in the jet, and turn on the engine. A door opens in front of me, and I take off, laughing to myself. I remind myself to call my sister later, and ask her how the night shift goes. For now, I’ll enjoy creating havoc in the city. Of course not enough to damage or hurt anyone. Just enough to have a little fun. For the rest of the day, I’ll be playing Tragedy, the infamous supervillain that destroys the city for just a little fun. Tomorrow, I’ll be Miracle once again.

It’s only a matter of time until the world realizes that Tragedy and Miracle are just a pair of twins, playing a never ending prank.

June 30, 2020 02:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Maya Reynolds
20:27 Jul 17, 2020

Wow great twist at the end - I definitely did not see it coming!

Reply

Y N
03:27 Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for reading it! :))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.