0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Adventure Historical Fiction

I’ve always been fascinated with H. G. Wells, Time Machine. Of course we all know that time travel is still impossible in 2020. I think, therefore I am. Besides, I wouldn’t want to forward myself to the future just to learn that I was once considered being the most wanted man in the world by the FBI and CIA dead or alive for finally giving proof that Aliens do exist on the planets Earth and Mars. There are many rock formations on the surface of Mars which resembles the Mayan statues of earth. 

In the future or past I’m barely ahead of the number two most wanted member of society by a fraction, who happened to be former President Trump when he made an executive order to execute anyone who did not vote for him during the 2020 Presidential elections.

It was the first time that Americans had finally had enough of his unorthodox dictatorship racist domestic and foreign policies and promised to pay a 200 million dollar tax free reward for his capture dead or alive whether he was found being orange like or pale skin. Rumor has it that The Donald has a range of hidden places at his disposal. One is located under the White House, a fortified area built in the 1950s. Another is tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. He also has a rudimentary bunker at his Florida estate, Mar-a-Lago and one originally used to store bombs at his golf course in West Palm Beach, Florida.

After that crazy thought I got to thinking about the Back to the Future car, the DeLorean time machine that was a time travel device made by retrofitting a DMC DeLorean vehicle with a flux capacitor. The car requires 1.21 gigawatts of power and needs to travel 88 miles per hour (142 km/h) to initiate time travel. 

The abhorrence I felt to travel forward in time to discovered that in 2035 I was responsible for finally exposing Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood) who aligned herself with the eugenicists whose ideology prevailed in the early 20th century. Eugenicists strongly espoused racial supremacy and purity, particularly of the Aryan race. Eugenicists hoped to purify the bloodlines and improve the race by encouraging the fit to reproduce and the unfit to restrict their reproduction. They sought to contain the inferior races through segregation, sterilization, birth control and abortion. Sanger embraced Malthusian eugenics. Thomas Robert Malthus, a 19th-century cleric and professor of political economy, believed a population time bomb threatened the existence of the human race. He viewed social problems such as poverty deprivation and hunger as evidence of this population crisis. According to writer George Grant, Malthus condemned charities and other forms of benevolence, because he believed they only exacerbated the problems. His answer was to restrict the population growth of certain groups of people. His theories of population growth and economic stability became the basis for national and international social policy.

It was substantiated and confirmed that I used social media to make sure that everyone in the world was truly informed about Margaret Sanger’s (The Negro Project), her plan to genocide the black race when I discovered her top secret documents in which included a lot of people you’d never expect like Rush Lumbercheese and George Jefferson. All children born, beyond what would be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish, unless room is made for them by the deaths of grown persons. We should facilitate, instead of foolishly and vainly endeavoring to impede, the operations of nature in producing this mortality.

This time travel mind thing was really giving me a hallucinating reality vision. It got so bad that I actually dreamed that in 2032 my dream took me to places I never knew. This particular dream kept switching from the past to the future. I’m somehow involved in The Halley’s Comet Panic of 1910. Halley's Comet only passes by Earth every 76 years or so. When it buzzed our planet in 1910, it sparked a lot of interest, telescope sales skyrocketed as the comet neared. Hotels even offered special deals, so people could gather on top of their roofs to watch the meteor pass. Of course, not everyone was pleased with the comet's appearance, as many believed the shooting star would end civilization. This crazy idea came courtesy of Camille Flammarion, a French astronomer who believed the comet's 24-million-mile long tail contained a poisonous cyanogen gas that "would impregnate the atmosphere and possibly snuff out all life on the planet. "Unfortunately, The New York Times did a piece on Flammarion's apocalyptic theory that encouraged some less-trustworthy newspapers to run wild with the story. So in addition to telescopes, I watched in awe when people started ransacking stores for gas masks. Con men made a killing by selling anti-comet pills and some people worried the comet would "cause the Pacific Ocean to change basins with the Atlantic Ocean" and turn the world into "one heterogeneous mass of chaotic confusion." Worried fake or unbeliever parishioners flocked to their churches and people actually sealed up their keyholes to keep poison out of their homes.

I’m just glad that I didn’t see myself involve in the Dust Bowl: On Sunday, April 14, 1935, when winds reached 60 miles an hour during a dust storm on the Great Plains.

I see myself on April 17, 1944, sitting at the Colored Elks Clubs of Georgia state convention, watching a young Martin Luther King Jr., then 15, give his first public speech, called The Negro and the Constitution. We participated in an oratorical essay contest that the Elks had sponsored and he won, while I took the second place trophy for Black Lives Matter.  Then on the bus trip back home that night, the driver ordered me and King and our female teacher to give up our seats to white passengers. “So we stood up in the aisle for the 90 miles to Atlanta”.

The dream quickly shifted but somehow I still know that I’m dreaming in the past. Because I’m watching and episode of the Andy Griffin Show when the town drunk Otis Campbell is riding an oxen on my black and white tv.

All of a sudden I hear the sonic boom that would affect everyday life, so for six long and very loud months in 1964, we living in Oklahoma City were subjected to loud booms eight times a day. When my ears stop pulsating and ringing I see myself standing in a graveyard looking at my Tombstone in 2032.

The epitaph read: In remembrance of the last survivor of the Titanic. This former cabin boy turned out to be a failure. I awoke soon after that mad, because all that I dreamt; It Wasn’t True.

August 31, 2020 13:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.