Loxie's arrival (part 2 to "Dragon Watcher")

Submitted into Contest #73 in response to: Write about a backup dancer who’s on tour and just wants some peace and quiet for the holidays.... view prompt

212 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

I'm not entirely sure why I even liked it or joined it, I'm not sure anyone knows. Every time I try to leave, she just begs me not to go. "Oh, but I need you! you're really important!" Moxie will always say.

I'm a backup dancer, you could probably find somebody else really quick. Then again, she probably doesn't even need backup dancers or anything else. Nobody ever goes to see anything of what she does.

But Mother would always tell me, "Come on Lox, maybe you should help her...this has been her dream ever since she could walk and talk." I guess that happened, look where I am now.

I don't exactly know what we were going to do first in London, Moxie just told all of us (through texting, of course, we haven't seen each other for a few weeks) to meet at a restaurant. She never clarified which Restaurant though.

There was a little feeling I had that this would be a total waste of time and be really boring, though it wouldn't be like that for me. It would be like that for everyone else. Not me.

I grabbed my phone out from the right pocket and then texted, "Hey Scarlett, guess who is here? Where are ya? I wanna go have some fun."

Of course, I had to wait for a little while until she texted me back. About fifteen minutes later she finally texted me back, "I think you know where it is Lox, I got a job being the new Dragon Watcher, come visit."

Dragon Watcher? That was an actual thing you could do? Moxie always told me when I asked about the building that it was a fake job...

I began to look around and spotted the building in no time, (It was simply just labeled "D.W." How fitting...) it would only take a couple minutes to get there. Anything would be better than doing anything with Moxie.

I texted her back, "When did you ever get the job? I thought you didn't want one."

While waiting on her to text back I had decided to also text Moxie, "Don't wait for me, I'll be there when I get there. There are some more important things I need to do."

Sometimes, I kind of just wish I could delete her contacts off everything of mine and never talk to her again. Or just not have met her at all.

You people reading this story, and yes I did just break the fourth wall, are probably wondering, "Why do you hate Moxie? Nothing seems wrong with her..."

You probably won't ever learn that, though I do have a lot of reasons for hating her. Like I also said, literally anything and I mean anything, was better than being with that piece of trash.

I just didn't want to upset the family that I actually care about and who care about me. Everyone else in the family seems to like Moxie though, and that I just don't understand.

Then, my phone buzzed twice as I started reaching the building. The first was from Scarlett and it read, "I guess some things changed, I'm waiting outside for ya."

The second text was from of course Moxie, which read, "Wait what?? Lox come on please, you're the most important person in the group, I need you to be there." Heh, I knew it.

I feel like if we're all together, she'd act all sweet and kind, especially being really forgiving towards me for not coming. Though how much do you wanna bet that when we're alone, she'll start yelling and cursing me out?

I didn't want to do any of this, I just needed a little break with a good friend of mine for once. That idiotic girl can wait, I'll probably be at the building for a few hours.

My phone buzzed again, though I shut it off. It was probably Moxie again saying something like, "You have to help me, it might be ruined!" Though I don't care. Not one bit.

Moxie could even get into a car crash or something even worse, I won't care. I won't even go to the hospital or wherever she would be. Anyone else who actually gives a crap could do that.

"Hey, Loxie over here!" I hear a familiar voice shout. Finally, someone I actually care about and want to be with.

Once I meet up with Scarlett at the building, she leads me into the building and through a long stretched out hallway. It kind of looked like something out of a horror movie.

"Stay right here," Scarlett quickly ran off somewhere when we entered the room, it was really large and I couldn't see where she ran off to.

Though she eventually came back with a little dragon, it seemed to be riding on her head when she came back to me. "Aw, what's his name?"

"I finally decided to name him Inferno, I thought it would kind of be a cute name."

"Hey, could I maybe help you take care of him? It's better than what was going on before this..."

"Well, that's actually what I was hoping for Lox...something really bad happened yesterday..." Scarlett admitted.

The two of us sat down (Scarlett being a bit more careful, that way she wouldn't hurt inferno) to be comfier, then I asked, "Could you tell me what happened then?"

She lifted Inferno off of her and then sat him in her lap as she began to explain, "Well yesterday...I kind of heard some talking from outside, I didn't hear everything but the people said that they were going to take Inferno somewhere and kill him..."

"Wait, what??"

I saw Scarlett's grip tighten on him, though not enough to hurt him or something, she just didn't want to lose him I'm guessing. "I just don't know what to do Lox..."

I smiled faintly and then told her, "Scarlett, I can help you! Maybe we could keep Inferno safe by hiding him somewhere else, then we think of another plan so we make sure they don't do that to him."

"Really?"

I nodded, "I would never lie Scarlett..."

December 19, 2020 00:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

212 comments

Wow B! You're right about this story! Your idea was amazing! I loved the way the entire story just flowed! Awesome job! =)

Reply

B. W.
04:36 Dec 19, 2020

Thanks, im glad that ya liked the story ^^ what did ya think about Loxie?

Reply

I really liked this story in general actually. Not just Loxie as a character, but how you brought everything together in the plot.

Reply

B. W.
16:32 Dec 19, 2020

what do ya think should happen in the next part of the story?

Reply

Well, that depends on what prompt you choose.

Reply

B. W.
19:27 Dec 19, 2020

I know there wasn't that much about her, but what do ya think about Moxie?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
23:44 Dec 20, 2020

Hi! I saw your bio, and I don't really know you at all, but the stuff you said doesn't seem true at all. From the comments/ feedback I've seen you leave on people's stories you seem like a really nice person, and you're a really great writer! I saw you were getting downvoted, so I upvoted you. Happy holidays! :)

Reply

B. W.
23:48 Dec 20, 2020

I've just always kind of felt like this for a couple of years, and not just on here, in general as well and with IRL friends. Though I'm at least trying to do some things to forget about it and all that, like listening to music and stuff. Though thank you so much ^^ The downvoting has also been going on for like several months, and its been getting on my nerves.

Reply

Maya -
23:52 Dec 20, 2020

Yeah, the downvoting is annoying and pretty pointless. I can upvote you anytime if you suddenly lose lots of points. As far as what you said, your friends probably don't see it that way. Try to see yourself in a more positive light. :)

Reply

B. W.
23:53 Dec 20, 2020

Aw thanks ^^

Reply

Maya -
23:54 Dec 20, 2020

Anytime! Hope you feel better!

Reply

B. W.
23:55 Dec 20, 2020

I hope so too

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
12:38 Dec 19, 2020

ohhh! great. INFERNO<3 loved the story. you gonna write the third part, right?

Reply

B. W.
16:20 Dec 19, 2020

there'll eventually be a third part, but not right now.

Reply

Amel Parvez
14:26 Dec 20, 2020

Yeah, right. Ok☺

Reply

B. W.
18:14 Dec 20, 2020

What do ya think of the prompts?

Reply

Amel Parvez
21:01 Dec 20, 2020

Yeah they are interesting but unfortunately my exams are going on and I really am short of time so as I will be free of exams I will make my mind to write one. What about u? AnywaYs will u do me a favour and read my stories and give a comment, don't care if it's a critique. If u have time.

Reply

B. W.
21:04 Dec 20, 2020

Eh, for me theyre all sort of half and half to be honest :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

loved this continuation of your story. your idea is amazing and i cant wait to see what you do with this. :)

Reply

B. W.
00:50 Jan 05, 2021

Thanks ^^ favorite part?

Reply

the whole thing maybe i dont really have a favorite part the whole thing was fun to read

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
03:21 Dec 21, 2020

Hey. New thread. So when do u think you will be finished with the story? Your part of it.

Reply

B. W.
03:22 Dec 21, 2020

well youre doing the first part, you have to be finished first before I can start

Reply

✨Abby ✨
03:45 Dec 21, 2020

Oh ok. Sorry, I'm still kinda confused. So am. i doing the story from luckys pov and only doing half the story? Like she gets the bird then u.write the rest the.we each post our half on our pages? Or what?

Reply

B. W.
03:47 Dec 21, 2020

Your part of the story is Lucky's POV. Where she would first get the bird, and she would try to do anything with the bird like playing with her and all that, along with whatever else you'd want to happen. My part of the story would be the birds POV. Where she starts to try and escape and all that. Your part 1, I'm part 2.

Reply

✨Abby ✨
03:50 Dec 21, 2020

Ohhhh okay. I get it now. I'm pretty far along with my part I just don't know how 2 end it. Any suggestions?

Reply

B. W.
04:06 Dec 21, 2020

It could probably end with Lucky giving up (at least for the day) and deciding to try again the next day, with her going off to sleep.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:33 Dec 20, 2020

Hi! Wow! Part 2 was really great. Great job!

Reply

B. W.
18:12 Dec 20, 2020

thanks and hola ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

17:17 Dec 21, 2020

I loved the friendship between Scarlett and Loxie, how they each had the other's back when a problem arises.

Reply

B. W.
19:18 Dec 21, 2020

Nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
13:59 Dec 19, 2020

I loved this, B! Great idea with the creative spin on the prompt. I liked all your characters, too. Just one point of critique- you seem to write like you talk, and I guess everyone does that, but it makes your writing seem more informal. You have a lot of run-on sentences and a few spots of incorrect grammar when you're putting dialogue together. Maybe someone else in your family or a friend could read through it before you've submitted it, because I think no one really catches their own little way of speaking in their writing all the time....

Reply

B. W.
16:27 Dec 19, 2020

I'm still kind of using Grammarly, though sometimes it doesn't point out a thing or sometimes it points out the wrong thing. Though I'm glad ya liked the story, I can try and fix all of that stuff later.

Reply

Megan Sutherland
18:05 Dec 19, 2020

Okay! I've used Grammarly before.... I got rid of it quickly. I don't think it understands context sometimes and then it makes incorrect suggestions.

Reply

B. W.
18:07 Dec 19, 2020

I've kind of been thinking if i should delete it or not

Reply

Megan Sutherland
20:27 Dec 19, 2020

It's all up to you, but I personally did not like it. :/

Reply

B. W.
20:31 Dec 19, 2020

what do ya use then?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Phoebe DeNeve
02:50 Jan 04, 2021

That was a great second part. Will there be third part?

Reply

B. W.
02:55 Jan 04, 2021

Yes, eventually there'll be a third part. Though I don't know when.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:03 Dec 23, 2020

There is only one thing I have to say about this: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU ARE AMAZING!

Reply

B. W.
19:19 Dec 23, 2020

I am? How?

Reply

14:04 Dec 24, 2020

Because this is awesome :)

Reply

B. W.
18:27 Dec 24, 2020

ya think so?

Reply

18:33 Dec 24, 2020

This story is really good. I mean it!

Reply

B. W.
18:35 Dec 24, 2020

aw thanks :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
15:40 Dec 23, 2020

This is really good, Bee! Moxie seems kind of annoying, is it just me? Lol, anyway. Do you wanna collab for the next contest or no?

Reply

B. W.
16:55 Dec 23, 2020

Yeah, of course i'd wanna collab ^^ and thanks, I'm glad that ya liked the story.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:59 Dec 23, 2020

Alright! Yay, I'm so excited. Where are we going to collab on? Maybe Google Docs? Or... what are you comfortable with?

Reply

B. W.
17:04 Dec 23, 2020

We could talk about the stuff on here? and so after we think of the characters and all that, maybe one of us could make part 1 and the other one could make part 2 for it.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:10 Dec 23, 2020

I don't really feel comfortable doing that, I don't want anybody to steal our ideas. If someone can downvote everyone and not feel guilty, then I feel like people can easily steal the ideas we come up with. Are you sure you don't want to do it on Google Docs? I don't want to nag, but it would be much safer. Maybe we could find another way. But anyway, we should just establish the basic points. So... should we do: ~ part 1 then part 2 ~ antagonist POV and protagonist POV ~ or just different POVs

Reply

B. W.
17:36 Dec 23, 2020

I don't feel comfortable being on a google doc though, so it might be better to just do the stuff on here. I'm sure no one would even steal the stuff, could it be fantasy?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:48 Dec 19, 2020

Great job!! Sad you didn't use Cadmus, but great job!! I loved the relationship but maybe show how they met and the origins of their being frenemies, because that will tie it together. Great Job again!!!!!

Reply

B. W.
16:30 Dec 19, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ well Loxie and Moxie are related, so they probably would have met at a family thing.

Reply

. .
16:52 Dec 19, 2020

Oh I get it.

Reply

B. W.
16:55 Dec 19, 2020

anything else?

Reply

. .
16:56 Dec 19, 2020

Nah!!

Reply

B. W.
18:03 Dec 19, 2020

would ya wanna see another part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
18:50 Dec 21, 2020

Hey:) How are you? The second person POV (if that's what it's called) in this story was so unique and interesting. Also, Inferno is such an adorable name! :D You should totally write a part three, especially with that ... at the end!

Reply

B. W.
19:17 Dec 21, 2020

This is first person, second person is when in the story YOU are the main character because it'll say something like, "You didn't know what was going to happen that night, but you knew that you're friend was going to be there." Third person is when ya go, "-Main character name- quickly rushed to the hospital, she had to see -best friends name- before it was too late." though thanks, and there WILL be a part 3 and some other ones as well ^^ whats something you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Maya -
19:21 Dec 21, 2020

Oh yeah, right, I got confused for a second. :) Yay!!! Part three! I think you should do more about the dragon, Inferno, in part three. He's so cute! What if they brought him to a dragon sanctuary to save him and they met other baby dragons there. Or, you could do the third part in the dragon's perspective, that could be interesting.

Reply

B. W.
19:24 Dec 21, 2020

While having the third part be in Inferno's perspective is a bit interesting, I'm not sure how I should really have him talk and stuff if that makes sense for being the narrator for it and stuff. He's still just a baby.

Reply

Maya -
19:26 Dec 21, 2020

Yeah, maybe it would be better in Loxie or Scarlett's POV. If it was in Inferno's POV it would be interesting to see what he thought of humans and stuff.

Reply

B. W.
19:43 Dec 21, 2020

I like that idea ^^ maybe ill do that at some point

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:25 Dec 20, 2020

I loved Part 2! Loxie was a really nice character, maybe Part 3 could be a look in the past about her and Moxie's relationship-? Other than that, well done!

Reply

B. W.
02:40 Dec 20, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ what did ya think of the ending with Scarlett explaining with what the people were gonna do to Inferno?

Reply

02:53 Dec 20, 2020

I at first was like, "WHAAAAAAAT WHO'D WANT TO KILL A BABY DRAGON?" It definitely was a plot twist!

Reply

B. W.
03:37 Dec 20, 2020

is there maybe anything else you'd wanna see in the next part of the story?

Reply

03:39 Dec 20, 2020

Nothing I can think of at the top of my head

Reply

B. W.
03:41 Dec 20, 2020

what do ya think of Inferno?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.