An investigation to catch and arrest the Diamond smuggler.

Submitted into Contest #61 in response to: Write about a character who’s obsessed with an era they never lived through.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled An investigation to catch and arrest the Diamond smuggler.


The Brempong family , including both Victor and Victoria helped the Police to catch Mr. Yoruba a Diamond smuggler who was obsessed with an era he never lived through since he was the leader of the gang.

Also the Brempong family then told them about the issue of the Commissioner of Police instructing them to take the elephant stool to London as Mr. Yoruba was asked to do his task.

However with the diamonds inside, the Mr. Yoruba was asked to take the elephant stool to London as commented by Victoria .

Again replied the Head of the family with the Diamonds inside they took the elephant stool to London in order to earn foreign exchange. He also told them all about his interview with the Commissioner of Police. The detective quickly traced the carpenter who crafted and made the stool. It again appeared that he made a number of elephant stools for Mr. Yoruba to the same pattern ,where the trunk was entirely removed.


Also the Commissioner of Police was certain that the diamond were put in by Mr. Yoruba but he had no other proof at all. It was only the Police and the Brempong family who knew that the diamonds had been discovered.

The diamond was so precious to them that they do sell some and smuggle others overseas to earn income.

Other neighbours never liked the Diamond smuggler due to that they were ready to take them to court of all other alleged offences.

Almost every Adult in his neighbourhood knew that the Diamond smuggler was not a good citizen but a criminal of some sort.

All efforts to reach the Diamond smuggler came to no avail, by the Police.

Nobody hardly knew the whereabout of the Diamond smuggler especially when he travels overseas.

The Police made all sorts of efforts to search and arrest the Diamond smuggler.

Mr. Yoruba did not know and therefore could not warn his friend in London not to collect the elephant stool.

Also Does Mr. Murphy know that there were diamonds in the stool.? Asked Victor.

The Commissioner of Police also thinks , that was the main reason he asked Mr. Murphy such questions. He also thinks that Mr. Murphy is probably the Head of a large group of people who smuggle diamonds from West Africa to England. Also How could they be catched or arrested.? Asked Victoria eagerly. As noted and well said the Brempong family , the Chief of the English Police in London knows all about these cases. Again the Police of Takoradi sent him a cable written in some sort of code which only the Police can read entirely. Again the smuggler knew that when he got to the Police and other Custom officers were waiting for him.

They saw that the crate containing the elephant stool goes unopened through the Customs.

This was also exciting , said Victoria.

Also immediately the Smuggler got to the Hotel, he was to telephone Saudi Arabia ,said his accomplice. Saudi Arabia! said Victoria. It was the noted place of all criminal activities.

This is also right , replied the Brempong family, since Mr. Murphy comes seldom to collect his presents and other gift items from his friends in West Africa. Other detectives will be watching waiting to catch and arrest the Diamond smuggler since they were obsessed with this era of theft.

The Diamond smuggler also smuggles diamond overseas especially to London, just to earn for himself foreign exchange.

Again the Diamond smuggler does this task on purpose just to fend for himself and his family. He also cares and looks after other members in his neighbourhood. One good thing about the Diamond smuggler is because he gives freely to charity.

Also for about four consecutive years the Diamond smuggler was never caught and arrested by the Police.

Almost some poor folks depend on the Diamond smuggler for a living because he was wealthy. He was noted to be very rich than most of the rich men in his community.

Others also never liked him because he does not cultivate a good name because he was a Diamond smuggler.


The headquarters of the London Police had made plans to arrest and catch all sorts of criminals who visit their country.

Also the headquarters of the London Police had made plans to arrest and catch all sorts of Diamond smugglers who were obsessed with an era of theft ,they never lived through almost in life.

Oh ! Yes, that was all right, replied the Brempong family ,so when Mr. Murphy decided to collect his present and other gift items from his friend in West Africa ,other detectives were also waiting to interview him.

Also what about Mr. Chirobo another Diamond smuggler.? Victoria wanted to know.

Mr. Chirobo was also arrested by the London Police in an era they never lived through in London since he was an accomplice in Diamond smuggling.


Mr. Yoruba knew his job was at stake in London so he never stayed for long in London he travelled overseas to America to meet another counterpart by name Mr. Murphy just to have his own privacy and interact with others about business issues in life.

Mr. Yoruba the Diamond smuggler went to America a land of opportunity and plenty by Aeroplane. Oh ,Mr. Yoruba got away! , exclaimed Victoria.

Indeed said the Superintendent of Police Johnson Brown, that Mr. Yoruba the Diamond smuggler will be arrested in this era of theft. After visiting America he booked a return flight within two weeks to London after meeting Mr. Murphy.

Mr. Yoruba returned to the Hotel in London to collect his elephant stool.

Also Mr. Yoruba noted that the diamond in the elephant stool was in correct order before he left.


Finally ,Mr. Yoruba the Diamond smuggler who was obsessed in this era of theft was caught and arrested by the Superintendent of Police that he never lived through in London .Mr. Yoruba was arrested and kept custody by the Police.

Later he was imprisoned in London.

September 29, 2020 09:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.