18 comments

Fantasy Romance Science Fiction

"Hello Master Max, What can I do for you today?" My personal A.I. asked me as I walked into the kitchen.


"I want griddle cakes," I say plopping into the lone chair at a massive dinner table.


"Coming right, up Master." It says before I hear the familiar buzzing sound of the machine making my breakfast.


Ever since I moved out of my parent's house It has always only been me and my A.I. never anyone else. I got lonely, to say the least, but I was used to it by now. Having been almost 4 years since I left my parent's place, I have never brought someone home, never even really thought about doing so, It wasn't my thing really. People around me called me a freak because I never really liked the idea of dating.


It was so normal of me that even my A.I. has been able to predict my every move. I had the same breakfast every day, same hairstyle, same sleeping pattern, same alcoholic beverage, every day was the same thing over and over again. To be completely honest with you it probably would have stayed that way have I never meet her.


Her hair was a soft auburn color that flowed down her back resting just against the small of her back. Her deep green eyes like the southern country pastures. The freckles are sprayed across her cheeks like a painter flicked his brush at her face letting the paint set and dry. Her voice a small stroke to my cheek every time she speaks. Her hips wide and sturdy like a gap in the wood. Her dancing like a river flowing down, down, down; along with my eyes. Her touch feels like a feather: light, and weightless.


If she would only let me have her all to myself.


As I eat my griddle cakes I imagine her beautiful face sitting across from me. She is wearing one of my University shirts and her auburn hair is up in a messy bun. She looks up at me her smile never wavering as she reaches across the table and clasps my hand in hers.


"I love you, Babe!" She says with a graceful and loving look in her eyes.


"I love you too, Baby girl," I say a similar look in my own eyes.


As I shake my head the thoughts stumble out like a stampede of elephants. A smile still graces my face as I walk into the bathroom.


"What shall I set your shower to today master?" My A.I. says


"The usual, honey-scented, warm water please" I reply calmly slipping out of my baggy t-shirt and boxer shorts. I get into the shower already smelling the sweet scent in the air. As the warmth of the scent and water surround me, She drifts into my brain again. This time however it isn't that wholesome of a thought.


She is standing in front of me, her hair wet and pressed against her back and forehead. Her chest small and supple heaving slightly as my fingers grazes across them. Her legs shake as I slip a hand around her waist pulling her closer to me with a smirk. I lean towards her neck slowly.....


The sound of my A.I. comes into my head "Master Max your heart rate has increased significantly, please take some calming breaths" It says with some artificial concern.


"I'm fine, Al," I say back to it. Frowning slightly at my interrupted thoughts I get out of the shower and dry off, slipping into the clothes my A.I. had generated out of my closet for me.


Walking out of my apartment I walk towards my car another normal thing. When they came up with the app that you could change the look of your car everybody started to tweak their cars, but not me, I liked my car just the way it was.


Sitting in my car I make my way onto campus where she stands waiting for me. I smile at the slight look of concern on her face because it is unlike me to be even just a little late. I had stopped to get her some breakfast, she always forgets to eat in the morning.


As I step out of my car I make my way over to her. Her face lights up at the sight of me and the bag of food I'm holding. "Did you forget to eat again?" I ask her with a knowing smile.


"Yes, I know you've been telling me to eat more, but I was just so excited to see you." She says her voice showing said excitement


I chuckle softly "Well, I didn't forget." I say handing her the white and blue trimmed donut bag.


She giggles as she takes it, leaning forward she kisses my cheek. A blush immediately covers my neck and cheeks. She smiles again.


"Thank you, Max," she says stuffing a piece of a donut into her mouth groaning in delight. Which cause me to shiver slightly.


"Hey, Um, Gemma, can I ask you something?" I say just above a whisper. her head cocks to the side as she looks up at me, her deep green eyes staring straight into my soul. I almost choke when she opens her mouth.


"Yeah what's up?" She says a little bit of concern in her voice due to the over shyness I am showing right now.


"I was just wondering if you wanted to come to my house this afternoon?" I say softly "Ya know just the two of us." I say this last part in a whisper.


A smile crosses her face. "Like a date?" she asks jumping on the balls of her toes.


I try not to stutter or show any sign of my overly flustered state "Yeah, Like a date." I say slowly watching her every action to see any sign of pity. When I don't see any I smile.


She nods her head "I would love to!" she says pulling me into a tight hug. "Meet me here after school?" she says when she pulls away


"Yeah of course," I say smiling and walking towards my class.


Author notes: I did not specify the gender so that you can pick what gender you choose: Female, Male, Them. all of them work. Max is gender-neutral. It could be Maxine or Maxwell, or just Max. It doesn't matter to me just enjoy the story. :)

P.S. might be a part two but who knows.


December 11, 2020 21:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

18 comments

Aimee Cardenas
18:50 Feb 28, 2021

I LOVED how you described the AI as having "artificial concern". Very clever and fitting. 😁 I like how you leave aspects of the story open to the readers' wishes and interpretations. It's a really nice feature! πŸ™‚

Reply

17:36 Mar 01, 2021

hehe, thanks... I thought about just putting concern but a friend of mine thought it would be better with the artificial in front of it... Glad you liked it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Luna Wood
17:31 Feb 22, 2021

I think this story was so good. I loved it!

Reply

18:36 Feb 22, 2021

Thanks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rzuzi Leviatine
19:06 Nov 30, 2021

This is amazing! Keep up the great work :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

I haven't looked at all your stories yet to see if you have a part two, but I really hope you do! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:39 Feb 12, 2021

I love the way you make the story juicy but also intriguing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Patrick H
16:04 Feb 04, 2021

My wife wants a part 2

Reply

16:43 Feb 04, 2021

Tell your wife that part two is in the making :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Patrick H
15:43 Feb 04, 2021

Hmmmm. Interesting. Will the A.I. become jealous? Of course, that's been done before.. I liked that bit about thoughts stumbling out like a stampeded of elephants. Nice!

Reply

16:42 Feb 04, 2021

Thank you, and I don't really think the A.I. will get jealous more so upset and report the change to the government. I really like putting imagery into my writing... when I was in 8th grade we learned about imagery and I just thought it was the coolest thing and so now every chance I get I put it in a story of mine.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kelly Ellen
02:11 Jan 27, 2021

Really cool story! I love to see gender-neutral becoming more of the norm!

Reply

12:21 Jan 28, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:35 Jan 26, 2021

You're fine, and thanks!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Waves Haught
20:00 Jan 05, 2021

So imaginative, I loved how you made the gender unknown cause I totally made max a girl, lol. This is very sweet and I love how the A.I. interrupted max's train of thought to calm them. XD keep up the great work.

Reply

20:10 Jan 05, 2021

Hehe, Yeah I had read one just like it and wanted to test out the waters of a non-binary character. I didn't just want to do W|W stories cause that's not all there is in the world. My first story... the first one you commented on was a trans man and his wife. Which was why I kept it up with writing this one. Thank you so much for your support means a lot!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.