My story is entitled the young Adult Mr. Anthony Fauci recalled the event of the Cave Adventure during his childhood days with his best friends.

Submitted into Contest #102 in response to: Frame your story as an adult recalling the events of their childhood.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the young Adult Mr. Anthony Fauci recalled the event of the Cave Adventure during his childhood days with his best friends.

This story highlights on the fact that Mr. Anthony Fauci and his other friends engaged in a Cave adventure. In this story Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends came down into a valley, the dark clouds also caught up with them entirely. Again, with the tall trees that was around the thick undergrowth, it became dark and even faster in the clouds above the deep and clear blue sky. The clouds and the weather became very windy. Almost the dry leaves were floating down in heaps at every point. Again, twigs were snapping entirely. The branches of trees were hissing within some moments. Other tree trunks were groaning at all times. Mr. Anthony Fauci then realised that the total effect of the weather was almost musical. It also seems frightening because the weather was cloudy. The groaning tree trunks could possibly fall on Mr. Anthony Fauci and then crush the other four children.

Mr. Anthony Fauci then rested under the iroko tree until the wind was able to calm down where Mr. Richard Branson suggested to the others. This iroko tree happens to be a big strong tree entirely. Mr. Anthony Fauci then realised that the tree will not fall on him. Perhaps the weather was windy. Then Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends huddled closely together on the road. It was then getting cold and they looked almost subdued and uncertain.

Again Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends heard a movement and turned to see what it was that was hindering and about to disturb them. They then saw a huge dark man who was walking quickly with two calabashes across his back and his tappers climbing rope hanging from his left shoulder his chisel dangling from a belt and around his waist. The huge man immediately stopped as he then nearly ran into the children. The huge man, then asked Good Lord! What is Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends doing here.? We were on our way to the Cave, Mr. Richard Branson answered. What! In this terrible weather and with no one to lead and direct you on the right path.? The huge man asked again. Then Joshua Jackson answered, We have a leader, Sir.

Where is your leader then.? Why did he leave you here on your own on this road.? Asked the huge man. The leader is here with us exclaimed Mr. Richard Branson. Mr. Neil Armstrong is our leader the young man who spoke to you first during your first interaction and interrogation.

Mr. Neil Armstrong is our leader, the young man and leader. The huge man then asked How can such a tiny man lead everyone into the Cyclops cave.? The huge man then commented that they need a strong and brave man who can defend them in the Cyclops cave like Hercules. Mr. Anthony Fauci then asked the huge man whether he had been to the Cyclops cave before ever in his life. The huge man thought Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends might get lost in the Cyclops cave. The huge man was asked again,” Does your family know that you came to the Cyclops cave without any brave man to accompany you and also defend you in times of trouble.?”

Answered, Mr. Anthony Fauci, “Our spouses are aware of our travel to the Cyclops cave.

The huge man was surprised, he commented that spouses or wives are often busy to know where their husbands are or what they might be doing at a particular moment. The huge man could not possibly leave them to go to the Cyclops cave alone on their own. The huge man then told Mr. Anthony Fauci to exercise patience.

Again the huge man then decided to take his calabashes of palm wine home. It might rain commented Mr. Anthony Fauci. Then Mr. Anthony Fauci was surprised. Rain or no rain, it won’t rain. The wind is too strong to let the clouds settle then entirely. The wind was also dispersing in the clouds. It won’t rain considerably but the huge man then promised them that he will be back. The huge man was also generous and ready to provide Mr. Anthony Fauci and his friends some palm wine.

Mr. Anthony Fauci answered No! because undiluted palm wine was too strong for them. Also Mr. Richard Branson answered thank you to stop his other friends who looked as if they were about to accept the huge man’s offer of the palm wine. You are both wise and sensible men Mr. Anthony Fauci and Mr. Richard Branson answered the huge man. The huge man then left and promised to be back very soon.

After he left the Cyclops Cave, Mr. Anthony Fauci, Mr. Richard Branson and his friends had the opportunity to visit the Cyclops cave. When they entered the Cyclops cave, they realised that the huge man lived in the Cyclops cave. It was in the Cyclops cave that they saw another huge woman and other men who were also huge, they looked more like Cyclops of some sort with only one eye. They were ready to catch and imprison Mr. Anthony Fauci, Mr. Richard Branson and their other friends including their leader Mr. Neil Armstrong. The huge woman who was the Cyclops with one eye and the other Cyclops had not eaten for ages and were wild. Their main food was goat meat and human flesh. The huge woman the Cyclops had wanted to cook and prepare the men as meals, because they were hungry. They run shelter-skelter in the Cyclops cave until they were caught in the Cyclops cave by another huge Cyclops and imprisoned. The Cyclops woman then started boiling hot water on fire to prepare them as meals to be eaten.

Finally, when they were in captivity and in prison it was the tamed Cyclops who was also huge and tried offering them palm wine, who understands humans, their terror and suffering.

Had I known is always the best teacher, As curiosity kills the cat, they shouldn’t have entered the Cyclops cave as the huge and tamed Cyclops man forewarned them to exercise patience. The tamed Cyclops then offered the woman Cyclops some palm wine including the other Cyclops in order for them to quench their thirst before the meal will be ready.

Unfortunately, after the drinking festivity, the huge Cyclops woman and the other Cyclops who were wild became unconscious and went fast asleep. It was then that the tamed Cyclops who understands the English language released Mr. Anthony Fauci, Mr. Richard Branson , Mr. Neil Armstrong their leader from captivity including their other friends, he then asked them to escape and run quickly. When leaving they thanked the huge and tamed Cyclops for his kind gesture and took pictures with him.

Later then, the tamed Cyclops who had only one eye had his omen broken and was given two eyes due to his good deeds to humans. The huge and tamed Cyclops also got married to humans and gave birth to huge men and women who helped in invention and the building of tall buildings and empires all over the world including America. The photograph of Mr. Anthony Fauci, Mr. Richard Branson and Mr. Neil Armstrong and their friends with the tamed huge Cyclops man made them famous and they became wealthy in life this was because the huge Cyclops man was very hardworking in life.

July 15, 2021 12:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.