29 comments

Drama High School Mystery

I know that this probably doesn't fit the prompt but none would of. What should she do? What would you do? I will try to make Part 2 after this! I hope you enjoy it!


Wednesday 6:45 AM

“Good Morning Millie! Ready for school?” I texted my BFF Millie. “Yup! Just waiting on you! See you soon :)” she replied. We’ve been friends since 1st grade when she first came to Wilder Elementary. We’re in high school now. We have a high school dance on Friday night! Me and Millie are going to go as friends since we don’t have boyfriends. I am so excited to go get our dresses today!

I’m driving over to Millie’s house when I get a text from one of my other friends named May “Hey girl! Could you come and pick me up today??” so I replied yes because her house is on the way to Millie's house.  

I already picked May and Millie up and we’re on our way to school. May had to ride with me and Millie today because her friends are jerks some days and I guess today was just one of those days. They always make up by the end of the day. She's a popular girl so all of the other girls try to be popular by hanging out with her. That's not how life works for a high schooler. Or at least at our school.  

We finally made it to school. It’s about 7:05 by the time we walk into our school. Oh crap. I forgot about the morning rush. This is the time when all of the kids are in the lobby and lunch room chatting and taking up a bunch of space. So I very quickly and quietly I weave my way through the crowd. Phew! That was a workout! I rush to the homeroom where I always meet Millie. It’s very quiet and safe in the homeroom. Chaos free. Until class starts. Then everything unravels. But homeroom is usually the worst. All of my other classes are mostly girls.  

Homeroom is basically attendance and finishing work from our other classes. I’m done with everything so I just read a book. The book that I’m reading is called Dead Girls Don’t Lie. I really like it because it’s a mystery and I love a good mystery once in a while. Homeroom was short because it's Wednesday and Wednsdays are the shorter days. My next period is Gym. Our teacher Miss Lynch is so nice. She's the best Gym teacher ever. Today we’re doing Volleyball then some stretches. I also enjoy playing volleyball, soccer, and basketball. I play volleyball the most out of all of them. Millie and May have been on my team every year since 3th grade. Our team wins a lot of games.  

The teams for Volleyball are: Me, May, Rose, Kate, Millie and Sammi. We are against: Riley, Jordan, Ameila, CJ, London and Autumn. There are more girls but this is our first round people. We scored the first point of the game. The game went on for about 15 minutes. My team won by only a few points. Then while the other people played Volleyball, me and my team did some stretches and workouts. I think that their game went longer than ours. Which just means that we have more time to talk and stretch.  

The next thing that I have is lunch. This is like my only free time to chill and gossip with everyone. I sit down at a table with my friends and a few boys that I know. Luke and Asher and Caleb are all sitting and talking. I think that they're talking about football and stuff like that. Me and Millie start talking about doing hair, make-up and how excited we are to go pick out dresses for Friday. She wants a purple or white dress. I want gold and white with sparkles. I can’t wait! Our dresses are going to look SO AWESOME! I’ve already looked at some pictures online and some of those dresses are just… they wow me. Like 100/10. They're that good. 

I am eating a salad with Pecan-Raspberry Dressing. My salad has apples and cheese in it. You should try it sometime. I hardly ever get a school lunch because they're gross. And you have to pay for them. I would rather just buy food that I like instead of crappy food. Wouldn’t you if you had to choose?  

I have liked Caleb for a long time but I don’t know if he likes me back. What if he asks me to the dance? I mean what are the chances of that. I doubt that he will ever like me more than a friend. Who knows! Maybe he already has a super cute girlfriend. Personally I would not describe myself as cute. But maybe someone else would.

Next I have math. I love math so it went pretty quickly today. And it's only about 30 minutes long. We learned algebra today. I did my work and finished early so I helped other kids. Caleb needs help so I put on my game face and walked over to him

“Okay whats up?” I said starting strong

“Umm… I actually have this for you. Read it and don’t tell anyone.” a note. I wonder what it says? As I am walking back to my desk my face goes pink. I’m blushing. Why!? I don’t want to blush. I hide my face behind a book. “Meet me outside at the back of school after all of your classes for the day get out. ♡ Caleb” He wrote ♡ Caleb? EEEKK! What will Millie say? I should tell her. Maybe I’ll tell her that I need 5 minutes after school to talk to a teacher. That's lying though. I have to.  

My last class is art. Today we are learning how to shade objects such as circles, cylinders, triangles, and squares. Once I finished shading stuff, I started drawing a window with a book and a mug. It’s so cute and easy. Finally the bell rang. I just texted Millie that I need an extra 5 minutes before we leave.  

I rush to the back of the school with the fear that Caleb might have already left. He arrives just as I get there. It was like one of those moments in a movie when the girl bumps into her crush.  

“Hey Addison” Caleb said to me

“Hi! So what did you want to see me here for?” I asked trying to be confident

“I was wondering if you…if…would you go with me to the dance with me on Friday?” He said it fast but I could still understand what he said.  

“Umm… well I was going to go with my best friend because she doesn’t have a boyfriend but… I will dance with you. And be your date at the dance as long as someone can go with Millie.” I knew Millie would be sad if I was dancing with someone and she wasn’t. I know who she likes and with Caleb as one of his friends, she just might be able to go with Asher.

“Who does she want to go with?”  

“Asher.”

“Little do you know that he has liked her for a long time. I think that I could talk to him.” he smirks. We trade phone numbers then go our separate ways.  

I picked a White and gold dress just like I wanted. Millie got a white dress that fades to purple. I like hers. I didn’t tell her about Caleb or Asher and our little secret.  


I hope that you liked it! That was only part one! There’s still more to come!


November 14, 2020 03:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

29 comments

22:15 Nov 15, 2020

Lauren that was soooo cute! It felt like a diary entry! I like how you jumped from scene to scene-- and topic to topic. It was really nice! Lol I find it funny cause I'm in highschool and it never goes like this, like this is like a fairytale compared to MY highschool but it was super cute!! I like that that is your view on highschool though! But great job that ending was also pretty sweet too! Ps. thank you for the follow and all the likes!! Oh AND A little critique! "Homeroom is basically attendance and finishing work from our ot...

Reply

Lauren :)
01:01 Nov 16, 2020

Thank you! I hope that you'll read my next book too! I enjoy the feedback! Keep writing! Lolo :)

Reply

01:06 Nov 16, 2020

Of course!! Feel free to leave feedback on mine too! 😊

Reply

Lauren :)
03:15 Nov 16, 2020

I will!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
WaterIsDeep :D
10:31 Jan 12, 2021

Amazing. It is simple and not too complicated. The plot is twisting a little bit and I am hoping that Asher and Millie hook up. Great job. :D

Reply

Lauren :)
17:10 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks Sophie! Glad that you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Danny -
09:07 Jan 05, 2021

I lovee the title as well as the story, of course. Takes back old memories of when I used to read dances and romance all. the. time.

Reply

Lauren :)
14:47 Jan 05, 2021

Thanks Danny! I'm glad that you liked it!!

Reply

Danny -
03:46 Jan 06, 2021

np :))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lauren :)
14:47 Jan 05, 2021

Thanks Danny! I'm glad that you liked it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lauren :)
14:47 Jan 05, 2021

Thanks Danny! I'm glad that you liked it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 9 replies
Louis Lyman
15:55 Dec 14, 2020

Wow I have read books from famous authors but that was on a completely different level of awesome.

Reply

Lauren :)
16:10 Dec 14, 2020

Thank you Louis :)

Reply

Louis Lyman
16:15 Dec 14, 2020

No thank you for the book also your welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Olivia June
05:35 Dec 03, 2020

Hi! I love your story. It had a lot of energy and personality shining through. I saw a couple grammatical errors but other than that it is spectacular. Great job! :)

Reply

Lauren :)
15:52 Dec 03, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
23:51 Nov 19, 2020

Hey Lauren! I loved your story! Again, where’s that love button? This title brought back some memories from two years ago at one of my dance performances and each performance has a different title and that one was called “Dance With Me” it was probably my favorite dance performance ever! and this story is my favorite story that you have written! Keep writing! - CJ

Reply

Lauren :)
04:22 Nov 20, 2020

Thank you so much CJ! I am so happy that you read it and LOVED it! I have an idea. If we love a story, we should just write LOVE in all caps :) tell me what you think

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:32 Nov 20, 2020

Yes! We should definitely do that

Reply

Lauren :)
16:32 Nov 23, 2020

Sounds good lol :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:57 Nov 15, 2020

Hey! Saw your goal was 500 karma points, and you were already really close, so I upvoted you the final few. ;)

Reply

Lauren :)
00:59 Nov 16, 2020

Thanks Leo! That made my day! :) Keep writing! Lolo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
01:47 Dec 13, 2020

This was a really cute story! I'm always up for romance 😉 I noticed only one thing, "Me and Millie are going to go as friends..." It should be: "Millie and I are going to go as friends..." Other than that, well done!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.