102 comments

Fantasy

"Freya! Freya, where are you going?" My older sister, Heaven called out as she chased after me. We were next to some very large bushes and once you went through them, you'd be in one of the human villages.

It was the middle of the night when I was sneaking out to it, I thought that she was a heavy sleeper. Why was she even awake? Did I make some noises when I was getting up to leave earlier?

"I'm...just going for a walk Heaven. Maybe you should just go back to sleep or something?" I suggested with a nervous smile. Maybe she would buy this, like I said, it's around midnight she's probably really tired.

My sister just seemed to stare at me in silence before she yawned with her tail twitching a bit, she then headed back to where our parent's were. Good. Maybe in the morning, she would think this was all a dream.

I made sure that no one else was around or watching me, then once that was done, I went through the bushes. It was great to be back here, I hadn't visited in over a month.

I ran over to a decently sized house and began to scratch on the front door. It had been over a month, would they all even remember me? I wonder if they've even missed me or not during that time.

Then there was the waiting. It wasn't just for today, almost every time I would visit, I was always waiting. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for over thirty minutes, sometimes for long hours.

Though they always let me in. They never really rejected me and left me out here, they've always let me inside with them, even on the first day. They never really knew me back then I was just a little random Fox.

"Hey, I think it's her!" I heard a female voice say from the other side of the door. Yes! It looks like some of them were there, good thing they didn't move or anything. I wonder how that would go if it was someone else..

I back up and watch as the door swings open, out comes two kids, a boy and a girl. Brother and Sister. I don't know the kid's names though, I was never able to learn them.

The sister smiled and then picked me up, she really liked me. Ever since I first came here actually. "Come on, why don't we go and make her some food? We have plenty" she told her older brother.

The brother took hold of me and as we all got inside the house, he set me on the soft carpet. They seemed excited. They were waiting for something. "Is she gonna do it?" I heard the sister say.

Oh, right! A orange aura began to surround me and they watched as I began to transform. Once I turned into my human version I could hear the sister say, "That's still so amazing!" then giggle.

"So Freya, what do you want to eat this time? we have all the food that you seem to like from the past visits." the brother asked me. I must have been visiting the two of them a lot, though I don't know how much.

"Do ya got any tuna?"

"Yep of course we do, hold on i'll go get you some."

The brother and the sister then walked away through a door that must lead into the kitchen. They left me alone in the living room. It was really big, even when I was a human.

Apparently, I was the only one in my family to be able to do this. Mother had told me that it must have started a long time ago with someone else, though we don't know who. We haven't really looked too far into the whole thing.

Though when me and my sister were much younger, I remember using this strange power to go and do fun things. Heaven had once suggested to go and find some interesting food and bring it back. I did, it was great.

Though somehow, Heaven and the rest of my family don't know about any of this. Though it was a close call earlier when Heaven saw me a bit ago. How would I explain any of this? She wouldn't understand.

The brother and sister are like my family- my OTHER family at least, I'm not sure if they'd like this or not. The least they could probably do though is just tell me "Stop seeing them, don't you know what could happen?"

There was a loud bang at the door.

There was a little hole thing (I never learned the name of it, we don't have any, Mother never told me) on the door, so I looked through it. Oh no.

Mother always told me about these kinds of people. They would go after things, Things like me. That man was probably going to try and kill me! "What's going on in here??" I then hear the sister say.

She and her brother seemed to catch on quickly actually, I've told them about the people before. Wait, why haven't I even asked them they're names??

The man bursts through the door and walks over to the three of us, He seems angry and tired. "Uh...what could we help you with sir?" the sister asked the man. I'm so gonna die. I lived a short but good life I guess.

Wait- no! This isn't going to end like this, I'm not going to die today. I wanna die somewhere in the distant future. "I know you have the creature with you...hand it to me!" The man pointed at me.

"What? Come on dude, what creature do you mean? It's just my sister and her friend Freya." The brother insisted with a small innocent smile. Suddenly, while I looked around, I realized that the sister was nowhere to be seen.

The man began to approach me while he pushed the brother to the side of the room. That's when I saw the sister starting to come up behind him, she had a large frying pan.

Luckily, before he could get to me, the sister hit the man hard in the back of the head with the frying pan. We watched as he collapsed onto the ground with a few weapons. Was he planning on hurting me??

"Uh...thanks for saving me...but we just knocked a dude out. What do we even do with him?" I then spoke to the sister. Did we just need to keep him here for a while? do we take him back to his place, wherever that was?

The sister stared at her brother as he stared back for a few seconds, then we were all just staring at each other in silence. This had never even happened before, what WOULD you do when this happens? "I...have no idea."

This probably wasn't a good story, though let's see what you all think about it ^^ this story was also for "Fox Creeper"

October 21, 2020 03:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

102 comments

C.j 🤍
21:09 Nov 09, 2020

ya gonna do a part 2 ?

Reply

B. W.
21:09 Nov 09, 2020

I'm not sure, i havent even thought of a good prompt

Reply

C.j 🤍
21:10 Nov 09, 2020

ok..

Reply

B. W.
21:12 Nov 09, 2020

what do ya even want to happen in the next part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C.j 🤍
03:49 Nov 20, 2020

Hi

Reply

B. W.
04:29 Nov 20, 2020

hiya, how are you

Reply

C.j 🤍
17:51 Nov 20, 2020

Good you

Reply

B. W.
17:55 Nov 20, 2020

i guess im good

Reply

C.j 🤍
19:52 Nov 20, 2020

The downvoter has been here....

Reply

B. W.
19:56 Nov 20, 2020

they have?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.