5 comments

Fiction Funny Kids

I was awakened by the sound of my dog chewing on his favorite toy in my bedroom.

I took a shower, got dressed, then headed downstairs for breakfast.

My mom was in the kitchen making up some eggs and bacon for us.

A few minutes later, my older brother came downstairs with his electric guitar in his hand. 

He was a huge rock fan even though he couldn’t play the electric guitar.

He sat down next to me and right after that Larry and Harry came down. 

Larry and Harry were twins and looked identical. We all had breakfast then got ready for our first day of school.

My older brother James, drove a Honda and the twins and I sat in the car with my mom.

We dropped off the twins at preschool then headed to my elementary school.

It wasn’t a very big elementary school but it worked.

My mom dropped me off at the front of the school and I walked in the two big red doors, towering over me like the Burj Khalifa.

There was the principal. He was tall and mean, and had his hair slicked to the side.

I took a few steps farther away from him, just to be on the safe side.

I walked all the way to the fifth grade hall which was at the back of the school.

I was in classroom one hundred and six with Mr.BOOTY.

He says that it is pronounced ootay but nobody cares about that except for me.

Not a lot of people in my school were that responsible at all.

Before class we all just sat down and talked with friends except for me. 

My friends were in other classes so I had to make new friends.

I was about to walk up to a girl who was also new, but then Mr.Booty came in.

We all took our seats and I sat down next to the new girl. She had blonde hair and aqua eyes like me.

Not many people in the world had aqua eyes so I knew that her and I would become great friends.

We had language arts, then math, and then we headed on down to P.E.

We all sat down on the giant basketball court, ready to begin.

 Today was dodgeball in P.E and it was two classes v.s. two other classes.

It was basically all the athletic people against the non athletic people.

I got hit many times in the game and one time got hit in the foot with a basketball really hard. It was “Illegal” to hit someone with a basketball in dodgeball.

I went to the nurses office and she checked out my foot.

My foot felt a lot like it was broken, and sure enough., it was broken.

The nurse called my mom and told me that we needed to go see a doctor immediately.

My mom got there and rushed me to a doctor's office. When we got there the person at the front desk said to go straight to Mr.Wodinsky office.

He checked out my foot and told me that it was broken and that they needed to have surgery on my foot.

I was really nervous because this was my first time ever getting surgery.

They laid me down in a weird chair and gave me medicine that made me sleepy.

The doctors had me count down from ten and I got tired on the seventh second of the count down.

I woke up two hours later with a boot on my foot in a room with my mom.

She drove me home early because the doctor said I needed to get some rest.

When we got home I laid down in my bed and tried to fall asleep.

I couldn’t fall asleep though, so I decided to watch a movie.

I watched Iron Man and then my mom came into my room.

She had made me some chicken noodle soup and came and sat down in my bed with me.

I ate my chicken noodle soup then turned on another movie. After I watched the movie, I went into the kitchen and saw my dad.

I told him all about my foot and how it got hurt and stuff like that.

My mom was at work and my dad was in the kitchen at the desk working.

“Can we go to the store and get the pot roast for dinner tonight?” I asked dad.

“Not now sweetheart. Sorry, I'm working right now.” He responded in his deep dad voice.

“Okay.” I said to dad.

I went back to my room and laid down for a nap. 

Two minutes later I heard loud beeping coming from all over the house.

“There is smoke in the kitchen. There is smoke in the kitchen.” Said the automatic robotic voice that came from the nest.

I went into the kitchen, coughing on my way there, and saw dad using a towel to get the smoke out of the house.

When the smoke cleared, I asked dad what happened.

“I forgot to turn off the oven when I made some pizza for lunch.” He explained.

“Classic dad” I thought to myself, chuckling along.

I went back to my room and laid down for a nap.

An hour later my dad woke me up by slapping my leg. It's not really the best way to get woken up.

“Let's go to the store and get the steak .” He said.

“Ok.” I announced back to him. 

Dad drove us to our local store, Stans, where we found the steak in aisle nine.

Also, did I mention that my family were kind of thieves.

My dad snuck the steak under his blue sweater to make him look fat.

We walked out of the store and luckily, nobody caught us.

We drove home and then took out the steak on the counter. My dad was going to cook the steak in and hour.

I went into my room and then heard my dad outside screaming.

He had dropped the steak in the pool which was very green.I jumped in the pool to get the steak out of the pool.

I washed it off with clean water in the house and placed it back on the counter.

When dad finished work, he made the steak.

“You have barely touched your steak ,boys.” Mom said to us. I ate a couple of bites and pretended it was good.

“Um...I’m full of vegetables.” I said to mom.

“The steak is like, way better than the other ones you make, dad.” My brother James said.

“Well...its a different steak?" dad said to the rest of the family as I forcefully shoved a piece of steak down my throat.

June 28, 2021 17:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Big Ole
15:02 Jul 07, 2021

This feels like a fever dream

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pahani Wijeratne
12:26 Jul 05, 2021

Greetings, dear writer. I really enjoyed reading this story! The plot was really funny, and I loved the name “Mr. Booty”! I had a great laugh reading this awesome story. I hope you keep writing; I’m rooting for more! God bless ;D.

Reply

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed this story.

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
07:24 Jul 14, 2021

Most welcome, it’s my pleasure! ✨😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.