The Prize Of Age

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about someone turning 100 years old.... view prompt

7 comments

Fiction People of Color Inspirational

Age is the beginning of life, which is the original language of your life to mark the beginning of your centenary. without age, life is nothing: without life, age is meaningless - Dr, your milestone begins today.

Lightening a hundred candles to celebrate your life is more important than silver and gold. The candle we light tonight brings light to other peoples lives.

Building a hundred steps of cake to share your centenary is a beautiful thing in the mind of the guest present here tonight.

Setting a hundred chairs and tables to share the cake brings tremendous beauty in the mind of all your descendants both home and abroad - Paper, we celebrate you tonight.

A hundred colours of red carpet we spread tonight bring fantastic speakings and beauty into your footsteps.

The hundred twittering birds that are within our forest brings sweet melodies into our eyes - Daddy, that is why you are a true centenarian.

You look too young to be hundred - you don't look a day over ninety: this is an incredible milestone, but not nearly as incredible as you are; is too good to celebrate you tonight.

Your centenary has brought immense happiness, joy, love and harmony into our lives. Your gry hairs are like quartz crystal that speak at the gate of Queen Elizabeth of England.

When we look around us, the beauty of nature has shown all his presence here tonight - all the stars, even Sagittarius our optimistic friend and the grandmaster of prosperity celebrate you tonight... The Moon at its fullness celebrates you tonight. Your hundred years is like the Moon who brings light into our darkness - what a glory in the beauty of all light.

When I think of your centenary, it takes my memories back to the Bible and I remember someone like Shem, the son of Noah and Abraham, whose God promises blessings towards his descendants, and through him, all the nations of the earth shall be blessed - truly, we are blessed because of you.

Tonight, we have the honour to celebrate you, because at your age... you have done it all... At your age... you have made it all... At your age... you have cleared it all... At your age... you have enlightened it all... At your age... all the indigenous citizens of the planet earth have recognised you.

Daddy, may we leave to celebrate you in many years to come.

Dr Samuel Akpan, happy... Centenary... Celebration.

.




August 08, 2019 13:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

20:57 Aug 17, 2020

This was beautiful Akpan! Just like poetry! I love how you use your words and how you weaved them to make this. Wow! Impressive! YOU. CAN. WRITE!!! Marvellous!!! I'm wondering ehy noone has seen this yet. This is just fantastic!

Reply

07:19 Jan 23, 2021

That is the hand work of poetry. The words I wrote love you, even at the point of my heart beats.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
07:25 Jan 23, 2021

Splendid story.

Reply

02:22 Jan 24, 2021

How do you know ...? Well, we are learning every day. Thanks.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:57 Aug 17, 2020

This was beautiful Akpan! Just like poetry! I love how you use your words and how you weaved them to make this. Wow! Impressive! YOU. CAN. WRITE!!! Marvellous!!! I'm wondering ehy noone has seen this yet. This is just fantastic!

Reply

02:20 Jan 24, 2021

... When the Moonlight shine over the words, people would find it. And it would brighten their hearts. My regards to you.

Reply

09:49 Mar 21, 2021

Thank you humble sir🙇‍♀️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.