299 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Begin audio log:


Do you remember the creepy and weird things little kids would always tell you? It would be quite random mostly, sometimes they'd just go and say, "I don't like the water mommy, last time I went in there I died."


Or uh something like, "Oh-oh daddy I was in that thing and I died, it was terrifying!" Just anything really anything that would make you get a little nervous and have some goosebumps.


Though every time they said it, or at least a lot of the times, the parents or really anyone who was around would never believe them since they're just a small child. "Oh, they have a big weird imagination!" I had heard someone say.


What if what they had been saying back then was true? What if they still remembered what had happened or at least who they were? Believe it or that, that is true and it happens, that's what I help with.


A friend of mine recently starting talking about some things that had happened in the past, she's my friend, of course, I have to help her. You shouldn't be stuck in the past in some way.


End Audio Log


***

The two of us were sitting out in my backyard as we watched the usual baby Griffin visit the backyard. It never really got close to us, though it was used to us and liked to play with the things we left out.


While my friend was about to attempt to try and get closer to the little Griffin, something had landed on the roof with a loud *slam* as it happened.


She had been getting closer to the little one when it had happened, the noise seemed to scare the poor thing. While it was starting to fly away, the tail ended up slapping her in the face.


"Ow! what the heck was that?"


She'd probably be fine, it would probably hurt for a few more seconds or a few minutes, but she wasn't going to die from a small slap. What was more important was finding what the heck was on the roof.


The two of us both backed up enough so that we could see whatever it was. Up on the roof was a large majestic Phoenix, she seemed to have literal stars in her eyes once we both saw it.


"Wait a minute...this feels a little familiar..."


"Huh? How?"


"I...remember being on top of a building and flying with a Phoenix like that one..."


"Hm..."


***

Begin audio log:


We haven't started anything yet, she's just been telling me what she remembers from that time. Or she's at least trying to remember, I just hope that she'll actually want to move on.


Some of the people that I've tried to help, including some old friends of mine, don't ever want to move on. Instead of knowing of a past life and continuing with their life now, they try to act like the past life.


She hasn't really remembered that much stuff from that life, the first thing was that she was with a Phoenix. The second was...um...what was it? Uh...


Oh, right! It was the old life's name. She didn't explain how she ever remembered it, all she said was, "I was doing...something important and it then it came into existence."


Apparently, the name was Eri. She doesn't remember anything about them, not even a last name, it's just the first name. Though that's a really nice name, don't you agree?


Though I just hope that she doesn't turn out like the others did...


End audio log


***


"Get down from there right now! You could get hurt from doing that, or worse." She had decided for some reason to climb the roof, I guess to get to the phoenix?


I would have climbed up onto the roof and got her down myself before something happened, though I didn't want to risk falling off and breaking something. I just had to hope that she didn't hurt herself.


"Oh come on, I'm not going to hurt myself. I'm just gonna try to do something with the Phoenix real quick."


If that was me up there, I'd probably just pet the Phoenix and then get back down. It looks really fluffy and soft if I'm being honest right now. Though that wasn't me up there, that was someone else.


I had been looking away at the little Griffin who had been in the backyard at the moment, he had this look of confusion on his face. "I honestly don't know what's going on either Griffy"


Since I hadn't really been looking at the roof and all that, I had no idea what just happened. All that I ended up hearing was the Phoenix and then something falling.


"Oh great..."


The Phoenix was flying away and almost completely out of sight by now, she must have scared him. Then I noticed that she had fallen off the roof and was on the ground.


"I told you so, are you alright?"


"I guess..."


***

Begin audio Log:



I might have ended up jinxing myself with what I had said last time in these logs. For the past couple of days including today, she's been referring to herself as Eri. Not who she is now.


Though luckily that's all she's really been doing so far, she hasn't taken it a step further or anything. She doesn't seem as bad as the others, which is good.


She's also apparently been trying to remember a lot of other things from when she was in that past life, though there isn't any luck for her there. That would probably take a long time, I don't think it happens suddenly.


I still just hope that whenever all of this is over and she remembers everything, that she just stays as herself and not Eri. Maybe with her calling herself Eri won't last that long.


This is probably going to be the last audio long thing I do for a long time on here. I'll eventually explain everything once we're finished, though I feel like this is going to take a very long time...


End audio log

January 02, 2021 21:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

299 comments

Riddhi Shedge
03:53 Jan 04, 2021

Hey! I've been getting downvoted a lot these past few days, and I was wondering if you knew who any of the downvoters are! Happy (late) new year :D PS: Great story! Loved the ending :)

Reply

B. W.
04:09 Jan 04, 2021

Jane Plane is one of them, though I haven't been able to really find her thing for a while.

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
17:05 Jan 04, 2021

Oh, I see. Well, I think he/she/they have been downvoting you and me (and probably others) for the past few days.

Reply

B. W.
17:14 Jan 04, 2021

Do ya ever think it'll stop?

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
17:20 Jan 04, 2021

I don't think so. There will always be some number of people there who find happiness by annoying or being rude to others.

Reply

B. W.
17:35 Jan 04, 2021

oh

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
03:47 Jan 03, 2021

Hi, B! This was an amazing story! I loved how you brought of how young kids say weird things, and tied that in with your story! I also loved the audio logs, mixed with her memories of what happened! I only noticed one thing, "Or uh something like, "Oh-oh daddy I was in that thing and I died..." In-between the Or and Uh, it's best to place a comma. It shows the character paused before saying the uh, which would be most likely if this was an actual audio log. Keep up the great work!

Reply

B. W.
04:40 Jan 03, 2021

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it, and ill fix that part soon ^^ I've always been interested in past lives, or at least the stuff of what the kids say, so I finally decided to do a story about it if that makes sense. Did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

04:45 Jan 03, 2021

The intro was really put together, I'd say that was my favorite

Reply

B. W.
04:45 Jan 03, 2021

do ya have a favorite character?

Reply

04:53 Jan 03, 2021

Mm, probably whoever's POV this story is written in (I don't think the name was mentioned, if so then I forgot 😅), mainly because they're willing to help a lot of people

Reply

B. W.
05:04 Jan 03, 2021

The main character and the friend don't have names, at least ones that are said. Though what do ya think of the friend?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
01:14 Jan 03, 2021

I absolutely LOVED this!!! The beginning was perfect, it was so intriguing and mysterious. I really like the concept that we had a crazy past life and little kids are the only ones to remember it, even though everyone thinks they are just imagining stuff. You formatted it really well, the way it flipped between the main character explaining their job and the memories with the Phoenix and Griffin (which I also thought was a really cool addition). It flowed really well, just like the rest of your stories. Amazing job!!! :)

Reply

B. W.
01:17 Jan 03, 2021

I was planning on everything to instead have dragons, though I decided against it and started using over fantasy type animals. I'm glad ya liked the story though ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Maya -
01:22 Jan 03, 2021

Dragons and other fantasy animals are really fun to read about! I really liked how the story started and ended!

Reply

B. W.
01:47 Jan 03, 2021

I've always kinda watched or read things for a while with kids being creepy or saying something about past lives, so I decided to do this.

Reply

Maya -
01:50 Jan 03, 2021

I'm so glad you did! It was such a cool story!

Reply

B. W.
02:25 Jan 03, 2021

Ya think so?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
05:34 Jan 21, 2021

Hey B, great story! I usually read from r/nosleep and this would make a pretty good candidate. About the first part of the story, lol I agree kids can be creepy, (or annoying, they're very fickle creatures) I also read that somewhere, where the kid knew that he/she died because of water! lol i just think it's cool

Reply

B. W.
07:05 Jan 21, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in this story or a favorite character? A few times i sometimes (and somehow :/) manage to end up watching things with creepy kids and past lives, so i guess that's where i got the idea for this.

Reply

Danny -
07:33 Jan 21, 2021

well i guess my favorite character would be the narrator person thing (?) like idk if there was a name mentioned, that or i forgot. Second favorite would be eri (i mean the story revolves around her lol....i think) And I read your bio! You watch gravity falls? lol i miss that show..

Reply

B. W.
09:06 Jan 21, 2021

The name of the narrator character was never stated and neither was the friend's name, Eri was just her past life's name. At least her present name wasn't stated I mean :/ And Yep, I do watch it ^^ It's one of the best shows I've watched, and i really wish that there was a movie for it or something.

Reply

Danny -
09:15 Jan 21, 2021

Oh lol that makes sense... Ikrr, it's soo good, who's your favorite character?? Mine's waddles :p

Reply

B. W.
18:42 Jan 21, 2021

I like villains in shows and movies in the most, so it has to be Bill Cipher

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.