Victoria Jackson a learned student attends a boarding school at Lincoln Community School by Mr. Prince De-Grant Brempong..

Submitted into Contest #64 in response to: Write about someone who’s been sent to boarding school.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure High School Creative Nonfiction

My story is entitled Victoria Jackson a learned student attends a boarding school at Lincoln Community School.


The boarding school Lincoln Community School seeks to provide education for pupils who live on the premises of the school as in the case of Victoria Jackson as being opposed to a day school. The word boarding is commonly used in the sense of room and board that also means lodging and other meals.As existed for many centuries ,they extend across many counties ,their function and their ethos does varies greatly. Again pupils stayed within the school premises including Victoria Trump for the length of term .Other schools facilitate returning home every weekend. The boarding school such as Lincoln Community School was for both boys or girls. The boarding school known as Lincoln Community School is a fee charging school. The boarding school that Victoria Jackson was sent to was typically governed by an elected board of governors and independent of many of the regulators and and conditions that apply to some state funded schools. Also under a number of forward looking headmasters or headmistress leading boarding schools created a curriculum based heavily on classics and some other physical activity for both boys and young men of the upper and middle classes.

Other successful businessmen would send their children to a boarding school as a mark of participation in the elite. In the boarding school as such as Lincoln Community School much of the discipline was in the hands of some senior pupils usually known as Prefects. Victoria Jackson often than not receives discipline from Prefects at Lincoln Community School.

The boarding school which was a vital preparation for those pupils including Victoria Jackson .

The boarding school which was a vital preparation for those pupils including Victoria Jackson.

The boarding school comprises of Academically selective schools drawing on both Private and state funding. Also the Direct Grant Grammar school required schools to choose between full state funding as some comprehensive schools and full independence. The boarding schools are the most elite educational option such as Eton and Harrow ,which have produced several Prime Ministers. The boarding school seeks to serve as places to segregate children deemed as a problem to their parents or wider society. The boarding school ,Lincoln Community School attended by by Victoria Jackson is an American Indian boarding school.

Also it was observed by Victoria Jackson that since she went to a boarding school education for children with special needs has a long association with boarding schools.

Victoria Jackson also noted that boarding schools offers an immersion into some sort of democratic education. The boarding school has serveral residential houses either within school grounds or other surrounding areas.


In the boarding school at Lincoln Community School a number of teaching staff are appointed as housemaster's ,housemistress, dorm parents ,Prefects or other residential Advisors . Victoria Jackson was a student resident in the boarding school in the dormitory at all times but particularly outside school hours. The boarding school is managed by a housekeeper or a matron. A house tutor for all Academic matters often provides staff of each gender.

In the United States of America a land of opportunity and plenty boarding schools have a resident family that lives in the dorm known commonly as Dorm parents. Also in the boarding school there are janitorial staff for maintenance housekeeping but do not typically have tutors ,almost associated with an individual dorm. Some older students are often less supervised by Staff and a system of monitors or other Prefects gives some limited Authoritiy to senior students.

Again houses and boarding schools readily develop some distinctive characters and a healthy rivalry between houses is often encouraged in sports. Other houses or dorms usually includes bedroom or dormitories ,a dining room or a refectory where students take meals at fixed times in the boarding school.

The boarding school at Lincoln Community School has study carrels where students do sit and do their homework.

In the boarding school , houses may also have common rooms for television and the relaxation. In the boarding school , Victoria Jackson also noted that there are kitchens for snacks and other storage facilities for sports equipment.

Again other facilities may be shared between several houses or dormitories in the boarding school.

The boarding school has students of all ages in which case there is usually a Perfect system. Older students in the boarding school are given some privileges and some responsibility for the welfare of the younger ones. Almost each and every student including Victoria Jackson in the boarding school is assigned to a dorm or house for some sort of social activities and sports purposes.

Again most school dormitories have a lights out depending on their age when the students are required to prepare for bed.

In the dormitory no talking is permitted in the boarding house.

Again students sharing study rooms are less likely to disturb others and may be given some sort of lattitude.


Victoria Jackson after given admission to the boarding school often provides a wide variety of facilities for extracurricular activities such as music rooms , gymnasium,sports fields, and school grounds ,boats, squash courts, swimming pools,cinema and theatres.

In the boarding school , Victoria Jackson observed a school chapel often on campus.


The boarding school has a combination of some sort of

Architectural styles that varies from modern to several years old. Most boarding schools offers diverse menu choices for kids including Victoria Jackson some sort of dietary restrictions and preferences are given out. Other boarding schools have a dress code for specific meals like Dinner, or for specific days of the week.

Students in the boarding school including Victoria Jackson are generally free to eat with friends teammates as well as with faculty and other coaches during Dinner.

It can be noted that extracurricular activities including the French club may have meetings and meals together. It is also noted by Victoria Jackson that the Dinning Hall often serves as the central place where lessons and learning can continue between students and teachers or other faculty mentors or coaches.

Also many boarding schools have on campus school store or snack hall where additional food and school supplies can be purchased.


The boarding school also have a student recreation center where Victoria Jackson often purchased food for consumption during leisure hours.

Again during school hours students generally need permission to go outside defined school bounds. Students including Victoria Jackson are allowed to travel off-campus between certain times.

Students including Victoria Jackson often stay at the boarding school full time. Victoria Jackson stayed at the boarding school full time. Also Victoria Jackson stayed at the premises of the school from Monday to Friday where she returns home for the weekend.

Almost each student including Victoria Jackson was given a timetable which in the early years allows little discretion.

Other boarders including Victoria Jackson are taught together in school hours and also includes extracurricular activities such as sports ,clubs and societies or excursion.

The boarding school comprises of three terms a year approximately twelve weeks each with a few days half term holiday during which students are expected to go home.


Also there may be several exeats or weekends in each half of the term when students may go home.

Boarding students like Victoria Jackson goes to school within easy travelling distance of their homes in order to see their families frequently.

Families are encouraged to come and support school sports ,teams playing at home against other schools or for school performances in Music ,drama, or theatre.

The day students are normally known as Day boys or Day girls. Boarding schools have designated study hours or quiet hours in the evenings, students on campus are usually required to observe the same quiet rules.

There are schools that have both boarding and day students so they are described as the semi-boarding school. Victoria Jackson was noted as a weekly boarder or quasi boarder because she boards or lives in the boarding school. Victoria Jackson was noted as a weekly boarder or quasi boarder because she boards or lives in the boarding school during the week and she goes home on every weekend.

Most boarding schools are noted to be coeducational. Victoria Jackson was sent to a boarding school for two primary reasons.

Firtsly to give the children including Victoria Jackson a better academic or Athletic education. Also the Boarding school helps them adopt to living Communities. Boarding schools as according to Victoria Jackson helps or enhances their preparation for life beyond education , helping to develop their maturity or independence in the Adult world. .

Again boarding school students quickly learn how to perform many domestic chores and complete school assignments by themselves.


Finally , boarding school students become some sort of experts at at managing their time,money and resources.

Lastly these students including Victoria Jackson matured quickly and tend to be independent and successful in life through their experiences in the boarding school.




October 20, 2020 18:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.