13 comments

General

KEITH:

"Keith I will miss you so much! Let me check your bag!" I groaned. For the seventh time, Mother was checking my bag for alcohol.


"Mother! We are 14, not 18!" I heard an impatient honk outside. It was the Harris's car. She kissed me one last time, and I rushed out the door. As I reached the car, and peered in I saw Drew, Willy, and Jay.


"Oi mate! Sure, you're excited to see pretty Beth, eh?" I punched Drew in the arm. Mrs. Harris zoomed out of my driveway. My friends and I had all agreed to continue our yearly camping trip, even after Jordan and Nate died. A brutal death, being stabbed, the police still haven't found the killer, so I was a bit jittery. As we pulled up to Frederick Park, I saw the girl's car pull up. My heart stopped as I saw Beth walk out of the car, trying to pull her sandy, curly hair into a ponytail. The sun reflected on her green eyes, and she smiled at me. I saw behind her, Cadence, Maya, and Lillian. Cadence ran up to Drew and pecked him on the lips.


JAY:

I stifled a yawn. "Are we sure we want to run into that bloody lake, at 9?" Willy asked.


"Yes, William we do," Drew said mockingly. Willy shot daggers out of his eyes to his brother. "Alright then, come on mates, let's get changed." As we changed Drew walked up to us.


"Come on lads let's go watch those girlies change." He smirked at Keith, who turned a beet red. As the other boys peeked at the girls, I got unpacked. I was nervous to be here again, for it brought me bad memories of. Lillian finding the bodies of our friends. I sighed, and walked into the lake. I turned to see Beth teasing the boys. She walked up to me. "Ugh those idiots, all they care about is Jordan and Nate. Why can't we mov


BETHANY:

I licked my dry lips. I hated this. I hated knowing. I couldn't do anything. I know who killed them, and I know who will die tonight. They do deserve it to be honest. I can't do anything. My life will be at risk if I do. I just need to stay silent.


LILLIAN:

I giggled when Willy smiled at me. He was beautiful. So perfect. This night was going to be ours. Nobody would take it. We all jumped into the lake, the freezing cold water zapped me awake, and I sneezed as I rose to the surface. I shivered, and automatically ran out of the water to the comfort of the fire, and tents. I heard Beth yelling at Drew, and I saw the others come in, time for sleep.


UNKNOWN:

I laughed to myself. Lambs to the slaughter. This was going to be so much fun. They never learn. Too young to remember what happened to their other friends. They deserved to die, just like they do. Sleep with one eye open, little lambs.


WILLY:

I yawned, and curled up next to Lillian. We had paired off into two's. Me and Lillian, Drew and Cadence, Jay and Maya, and Beth and Keith. I was tired, because we had spent the night talking and arguing. I nuzzled her, and drifted off to sleep. 


DREW:

I laughed. Me and Cadence were about to fall asleep. It was ten at night, and we had spent the night around the fire talking, and roasting marshmallows. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow, for we were going hiking, fishing, and boating. I still couldn't see why Keith loved Beth. She was weird, and super "personal." I yawned, and drifted off to sleep.


CADENCE:

I shivered, and snuggled closer to Drew, his golden eyes had closed, and he was sleeping like a baby. I smiled, and closed my eyes.


KEITH:

Everyone was asleep, just like I was a few minutes ago. It was three in the morning, and I heard a footstep crunch outside. I gasped and peaked outside. The crickets were singing loudly, and it was still dark. I saw a dark figure, that then went inside the blue tent. I shrugged probably Drew. I pulled the sleeping bag to cover up to my nose, with my eyes wide open.


UNKNOWN:

My time to strike is now. They are sleeping like babies. I snuck into their tent. Time to finish the job!


WILLY:                                                                                                           

I woke up to the sound of the tent zip open. I saw a dark figure. They loomed over me with a knife in their hand. I tried to scream, but no noise came out.


“Wait is that...” It went into my stomach. I gasped, as it slides in, then out, then in again.


“No,” I whispered. I collapsed, blood dribbling out of my mouth. They continued to bring the knife in, then out. I cried, but then I felt nothing

else.      


UNKNOWN:

I hated them so much. After everything they have done to me. I knew what had to be done. I laughed to myself. They would pay! HE would pay.                                                                                                                

 DREW:                                                                                                          

I woke up to the sound of footfalls outside of my tent. I sat up straight, as the tent slowly zipped open. I saw a familiar face. I gasped, as I saw the silver knife glistening in the moonlight. They slowly walked up to me, as I tried to back up. I meet my enemy. The back of the tent. The knife went into my chest, and I felt nothing else.                                                               


 CADENCE:                                                                                                  

I woke up to the sound of a thump. I sharply turned to see Drew fall. I was about to scream, when a hand fell on my mouth. I struggled, and I saw a knife. I stopped, and sat as still as possible, tears pouring out of my eyes. I’m going to die. The knife went in, then out. It almost didn’t hurt. I slumped next to Drew, then everything went dark.                                                     

 

KEITH:                                                                                                        

 I yawned, as the morning sun peeked through my tent. I walked out of the tent, stretching my legs. Maya came bounding out.


“Hello early birds! Who wants to wake up the lovebirds?” She said smirking, while jabbing her finger at Drew, and Cadence’s tent. She shrugged when nobody answered, and walked in, and screamed her head off.


“Their dead! Their dead!!” Maya came running out screaming. What!? NO! “Someone call 911!” She shrieked. All the screaming must have woken up Lillian, because she started to scream. I ran into her tent, while trying to dial 911. I almost fainted when I saw Willy’s crippled body. Beth clung to me, like she was going to fall if she didn’t.


“Keith! Find someone!” Maya wailed. I ran through the forest with Beth. Tripping over stray tree roots, and getting scratched by branches, until we reached a highway. I tried to wave people over. Beth continued to sob, and cling to my arm. A silver van pulled over. It was a lady with heavy makeup, and a Bruno Mars tee. In the back of the van she had five kids, whom were screaming, and fighting.


“May I help you?” I nodded. “Um yes. It’s an emergency. Three of our friends are hurt, and we need to borrow your phone please.” The lady raised a thick eyebrow, and glanced a Beth. She smiled a thin smile, and handed us her phone. I fumbled with it, and managed to dial 911.


“911, what’s your emergency.” I rushed my words, explaining what happened. “Okay we are sending officers, and medical help to you.” I hung up, and tossed the lady her phone.


“Hope your friend is ok.” She zoomed off.                                    


JAY:                                                                                                                

I just can’t believe what’s happening. When Beth and Keith got back, they said they got help. I can’t breathe. Maya is clinging to me, and Lillian is just staring at Cadence crying. This is just like what they said happened last year. I wasn’t there for it, but Drew had explained it to me perfectly. I heard sirens, and the next thing I know, the police are swarming our camp site.


“Hello, my name is Officer Brown, may you and your friends please follow me.” Keith nodded solemnly. We got into a police car, not my first time, and Officer Brown drove us to the police station.                                                                                                         


BETH:                                                                                                           

It was really hard to control myself. I kept crying. Officer Brown stared at us with a frown on his face.


“Do you have any idea how this happened? I heard last year that two of your friends, Jordan Gyler and Nathan Casman passed away. Is that coincidental that this happened again?" I shrugged.


“I’m sorry sir, but the police still haven’t caught the killer.” I said. He frowned again. “I see… I have a theory. Since Drew, Cadence, and Willy were killed, the killer must hate that "family." Cadence apparently is Drew's girlfriend, and Willy is Drew's brother."                                                                                                          


LILLAIN:                                                                                                       

I shivered under my blanket, as my mother drove us home. She kept looking at me though the window, and shaking her head. A sad spark in her ocean eyes.


“I’m so sorry for what happened kids. It’s so sad to see three more friends gone.” I sighed. I saw Beth snuggle into Jay, and Keith glare at them. I hope this time we find the killer. I don’t want any of my friends to die anymore. I don't want to live in fear.       


MAYA:                                                                                                           

I walked into my bedroom, taking in the familiar surroundings. My plaid bedding, soft carpeting, pale yellow walls, loft bed, small window, and the familiar smell of lavender. I collapsed on the ground sobbing. When would this be over? I felt so selfish that I was happy I didn’t die. It should have been me. Not perfect Cadence, or smart Willy, or strong Drew. I wasn’t special. I wrapped my arms around my waist, and collapsed into a chair. Bing! I looked at my phone. It was a text from Officer Brown, to us all. It read, who’s ready to confess?                                                     


KEITH:                                                                                                         

 I was sitting next to a small round table, a cup of coffee in my hands.


“Did anyone else know that you where camping at Frederick Park?” I frowned, trying to remember. “Only my sister, but she was having a daughter, and dad night, so it wasn’t her. Oh wait! Junie knew.” He raised an eyebrow.


“My sisters’ best friend. Juneth Reed. She knew what time, date, and place we were going.” He smiled, jotting this down in that little brown notepad.


“That’s everybody I told.” He nodded. “Thank you, this is very useful.”                                                                                          

  

JAY:                                                                                                              

I ran my fingers through my hair. I sighed, because I know who did this. Man, they would hate me if I told. I just couldn’t do that.


“Beth said that you were new to the “group,” and that she saw your get up at three in the morning, and look around.” Officer Brown said. “Keith also admitted that he also saw you get up.” I sighed.

“Look, I can see you think I did it, and I did get up to go to the bathroom, but I wasn’t going around killing people. Also, if I’m new to the group, then how would I have killed Jordan, and Nate?”


“I’m not saying you killed anyone, the proof is overwhelming that one of you killed these five kids.”  I sighed. "If your asking if I have a theory for someone killing them I do. Beth hated Drew because he rejected her. Now she hates anyone to do with the Harris's or their friends. Keith doesn't really like Drew because e teases him about Beth. Lillian doesn't really like Cadence, for some reason."                                                              


LILLIAN:                                                                                                      

 “Honey, are you sure you don’t want grief therapy, or counseling?” Officer Brown asked. I shook my head, and wearily rubbed my eyes.


“I’m just tired of so many of my friends dying, and then seeing five dead bodies. You know what I mean” He nodded, and gave me a small smile.


“Are you sure you don’t remember anything?” I shook my head. “I didn’t hear anything. I sleep through most noises.” He nodded. “Can you tell me more about Jordan and Nathan’s death?”


“Well we went camping when Cadence and Jay weren’t in our friend group, and they didn’t die the first night. We stayed there three nights, and on the last night they died. We found them the same way we found Cadence, Willy, and Drew. Then Cadence joined our group the week after, and Jay moved here the beginning of the year.” He smiled a true smile.


“Thank you.”                 


MAYA:                                                                                                           

“Yah, I would say the same thing as Lillian. We just took Jay and Cadence under our wing.” Brown then looked over at Junie. She crossed her arms and said,


“I don’t have anything to do with it! I was at my friends house.” “Keith said you asked about the information of their camping.” Junie threw up her arms.


“I was just curious! Is that a crime!?” She shouted. He leaned in closer.


“No, it’s not a crime to be curious, but it’s a crime to kill five people.” He whispered.                                                           


JAY:                                                                                                                

I sighed. “You really want the truth?” Officer Brown grinned. “I have wanted the truth for a long time.” I sighed.


“You love destroying teen friendship then.” I closed my eyes and breathed. I opened them, and spook.


“I know who killed them. It is quite obvious. They are plain evil, and have no mind of their own.”                                                                       


KEITH:                                                                                                          

We were told to meet at the station so that’s where we are. Officer Brown opened the door. He looked at each one of us deep in the eye.


“I caught you, killer. Your days are over.” He finished walking down the line, and stopped at Beth. “Hello killer.”

May 08, 2020 23:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

Gip Roberts
20:31 May 21, 2020

It immediately made me feel like I was watching a "Friday the 13th" movie, and I liked how you added the "Unknown" (the killer's) perspective to everyone else's.

Reply

21:31 May 21, 2020

Thanks so much! I felt the same way while writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
A. Y. R
09:32 May 09, 2020

The plots was interesting and quite entertaining! Couple of grammar errors here and there, and also feel like you could explore and elaborate a bit more on the killer's motives and build more tension towards the build up

Reply

12:29 May 09, 2020

Ok thanks for the feedback! How do you think I could elaborate the killer's motive's? Should I say why they wanted to kill Drew, Willy, and Cadence? I could totally add that!

Reply

A. Y. R
12:51 May 09, 2020

The way I would do it is show implied resent in the group towards each other from the beginning including the killer's being somewhat sinister. Also maybe cut straight to the interrogation to create that sudden shift in suspense - sometimes less can be more!

Reply

12:52 May 09, 2020

Ok thanks so much I will add that right now! Tell me if I need more! Avery :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
The Daltons
19:07 Aug 16, 2020

Definitely VERY creepy! Usually, I HATE horror, but that was GREAT! Absolutely LOVED it! Could you maybe follow me and like my stories if you like them? I'm quite new on here, and I'd like to have more feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sadia Faisal
08:00 May 25, 2020

nice story, please like my story if you like it and follow me

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:06 May 24, 2020

Hello everyone!!! This was an exciting story to write, even though I already knew who the killer was, :P!!!! I hope you enjoy it too! Thanks again!-Avery

Reply

Show 0 replies
Emily Li
15:28 May 19, 2020

Oh wow

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:44 May 17, 2020

Shivers. All. Over. This was so creepy, but I loved it! Keep writing and stay safe! -Brooke

Reply

17:37 May 17, 2020

:))))) You too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jubilee Forbess
00:26 May 09, 2020

Wow, very interesting!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.