Truth or Dare

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

3 comments

Funny

"I dare you to snatch the wig off of Mr. Harrison," Becky whispered in Rachel's ear.

Rachel looked over at her best friend in confusion.

"What did you say?"

"I said, I dare you to snatch the wig off of Mr. Harrison."

Becky glanced up at the teacher. Mr. Harrison was a pot-bellied, old man. He reeked of cologne. He wore bifocals which made his beady little eyes pop out at you. He also wears a toupee which looks like something large shat on his head.

Who's he trying to impress??

She nodded. She never backed out of a dare, no matter how silly and stupid it was.

She scooted her chair back and looked around the room. Everyone was still trying to finish the test.

Perfect, she thought.

She snuck to the back of the room where the teachers desk was. Mr. Harrison was sitting in his chair, his head on his chest, fast asleep. She silently made her way behind his chair, careful not to wake him. She extended her hand above his head. She looked over at Becky, who gave her a thumbs up.

Rachel sucked in a breath and snatched the toupee of the guys head. He snorted which made her jump back, knocking over the shelf behind her.

The shelf fell to the floor with a loud crash! Everybody screamed. Mr. Harrison jumped awake and looked around the room, startled. His eyes fell on Becky, who was hugging her sides from laughing.

"Miss Green, stand up NOW!!"

Still laughing, she stood up. She wiped her eyes which were tearing up.

"Yeah?"

"GO TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!!!"

Becky suddenly stopped laughing.

"But I didn't do anything!! Rachel was the one who grabbed your toupee!"

Mr. Harrison's hands quickly touched his head. Apparently, he didn't know his animal shit was missing.

Rachel, who was cowardly standing behind Mr. Harrison, gently sat the toupee on his head and patted it awkwardly.

Mr. Harrison turned around sharply in his chair, knocking the toupee askew.

"YOU!" He pointed a finger at Rachel.

"Me?"

"Yes you. Go to The Principal's office and take Ms. Laughs A Lot with you."

Becky's jaw dropped.

"That's not fair!"

"Well, life isn't fair. If it was, I wouldn't be a teacher."

"If it was, you would have hair," Rachel muttered.

"What was that?" Mr. Harrison barked.

"Nothing, sir. Nothing."

"That's what I thought. Now, are you going to go or do I have to ask again?"

"Um, we're gonna go."

Rachel quickly walked to the front of the classroom where her best friend was. She grabbed her hand and dragged her to the door. She opened it and stumbled out, Becky dragging her feet in protest.

"Are we really going to The Principal's office??" She groaned.

"Of course not. We are gonna finish our game."

Becky's eyes lit up.

"Yay! Make it abominable!!"

Rachel laughed at her friend.

"Let's see..." She looked off into the distance, tapping her chin thoughtfully. "I dare you to trash The Principal's office."

Becky clapped her hands together.

"Wonderful!"

The two girls ran to The Principals office. Once there, Rachel peeked through the tiny window in the door.

"Okay, it's all clear. I'll stay out here in case anybody comes. Hurry."

Becky nodded. She tried opening the door, but it was locked. Rachel dug through her pocket and pulled out a paper clip. Becky looked at her quizzically.

"Hey, you always have to be prepared."

Rachel bent the paper clip and slipped it through the keyhole. She fiddled with it for a few minutes but soon the door clicked. Becky smiled. Rachel took out the paper clip and stuffed it back into her pocket. She opened the door and gestured for her friend to go in.. Becky smiled, eager to start. She walked in, shutting the door behind her.

Nobody really came, except one of the lunch ladies who reminds Rachel of a witch.

I wouldn't be surprised if she cooks the children who always got F's....Maybe that's what's in the Tuna Surprise!!!

After almost giving up on guard duty, The Principal's door opened and Becky came out, her pretty, brown hair all a mess.

"What did you do?? Have a party??"

"Something like that," Becky said, grinning like a maniac.

Rachel turned to the door, wanting a peek, but Becky grabbed her arm.

"Not yet. Everything will be revealed later."

Rachel nodded slowly, very confused.

Becky rolled her eyes.

"Let's just wait in the bathroom till she comes."

"Okay."

They scurried off to the girl's bathroom which was down the hall. There was no door, like the other bathrooms. All you had to do was walk in, do your business, then walk out, pretending that you did not just stink up the bathroom.

The girls peeked their heads through the entrance way, trying to find The Principal. They were just about too give up when they heard the tapping sound of 9-inch heals making its way down the deserted hallway.

Becky clapped her hands together loudly.

"She's coming!"

"Ssh! She'll hear you!"

The Principal, a tall, skinny, rich lady, walked confidently to her room. Becky grinned widely.

"She doesn't know what she's in for..."

The Principal took out her key and put in the keyhole. To her surprise however, it was already unlocked. Confused, she opened it, he face in shock as she did so.

Rachel tried leaning over to see but The Principal was in her way. The Principal looked around the deserted hallway frantically. Her face was quickly getting red. She quickly turned on her 9-inch heels and stormed off somewhere.

"What did you do??" Rachel asked.

"Nothing. I just threw papers all over the floor. Aaaaand I might've kinda sorta glued her desk and stuff to the ceiling...."

"You did what??!!"

Rachel ran to The Principal's office. She peeked through the window and sure enough the furniture was on the ceiling and the ground was covered in papers and files.

Rachel turned back to her friend.

"I'm so very proud of you."

She high fives her best friend.

"We better go back to class before she comes back," Becky said.

Rachel nodded and they quickly made their way back. They knocked on Mr. Harrison's door. After awhile, Dexter, a short student who is always blowing his nose, opens the door.

He blew his nose loudly and said, "That didn't take long."

Becky laughed.

"Just let us in."

Without waiting a reply, Becky walked in, knocking over poor little Dexter. Rachel followed her. Mr. Harrison was still pink in the face, eyeing them as they walked to the front of the classroom and sat in their seats.

The room was deadly quiet. Nobody snickered or whispered to one another. Not even Dexter blew his nose.

Becky and Rachel looked around at the students nervously.

What's going on??

Just then the classroom door burst open and a angry looking principal walked through.

"Becky Green and Rachel Hurst, please stand up."

Mr. Harrison chuckled, pleased.

Becky and Rachel slowly stood up.

Oh no. We're done for.

"Do you know who vandalized my office?"

Rachel and Becky looked at each other, confused.

"Mrs. Bechtel called me saying that somebody destroyed her office and she's wondering if you saw anybody suspicious."

"No, sir. We didn't see anything. We waited outside of her room but Becky had to use the restroom and she didn't want to go alone," Rachel lied.

"Well, I guess it must've happened when you girls were in the bathroom," Miss Bechtel replied.

She turned for the door.

"Thank you girls and Mr. Harrison for your time. In the meantime I'm going to rearrange my office as best as I can."

Sh opened the door and walked out.

"I would love to shake hands with the person that came up with that prank. It's a shame they didn't let me in on it."

Becky and Rachel smiled at each other.

"Well, girls, you may sit down and finish your test."

The girls nodded and sat down. Rachel picked up her pencil. Becky, a mischievous grin on her face, tapped Rachel on the shoulder. Rachel turned to her.

"So....Truth or Dare??"

May 19, 2021 14:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Daniel R. Hayes
21:24 May 25, 2021

This was a great first story Mia! I loved the relationship the two girls had, and how well they got along. I also loved the humor here, very funny. You did a great job writing this :)

Reply

Shouku Nishimiya
15:28 May 26, 2021

Thank you, this means a lot because usually when I try to add humor, it sounds childish. I'm just not very good at it.

Reply

Daniel R. Hayes
15:40 May 26, 2021

You're welcome! It was really good ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.