0 comments

Fiction Sad Thriller

  I used to be a book worm who like read many books and make a summary of that books but one book has changed my life, i like to share that incident with you.

   It was a Sunday morning I have to complete my project. So, for that me and my friend Adam both are going to the nearby library. There are so many libraries in our town. Some of these are hundreds and thousands of years old. And this gives me a goose bumps. So, I mostly spend my time in the libraries.

  That time my project topic is ''magical book" for this. me and my friend have to find the magic based old and ancient books. 

  So, I had done my breakfast and taken the way to the library in the way I took Adam with me and he also lives in my neighbourhood and we both were close friends.

  As we met he asked me" hi Kevin what's up bro. What are we goanna do today?". Then I replied "bro I have got a new project in which I have to make an article on the magical stuff or on magical books. Mostly on books. So, today we are both going to search for those magical books for a whole day until I find the right book or enough information. 

   So this is our plan for today, are you ready? By making an excited face he said" yes sure let's start from the newest library. I always wanted to see that how is the interior design of that library. This is the newest library this means that it will have the fastest way or trick to find the book this will makes it easy to find our desired book. Both friends nodded yes and begin to walk.

   So, "Adam where is this newest library of which you are talking about?" I asked. "It was in the woods near the exit of our town". He replied. 

  The location of this library is little strange. Because mostly libraries are not built in this kind of place where it's hard to reach.

  On the way we were near to the railway line. We have to cross this railway line to reach the exit. And there we met Bell. 

   Bell is our one more close friend. She is an introvert girl, she talks very less. Now she is coming from her tuition.

   By seeing her I asked "how are you bell?” she replied " I am fine, what’s up guys?, where are you both going?, both of you were not usually come here"

I said "yes we are actually going into the woods. Adam is heard about a new library. Which is recently made. So, we are going to visit that library." 

  "Yes Kevin had an interesting project to work upon" Adam said. "Would you like to join us?". I asked Kevin. Bell replied "yes why not I love to. Let's get on the way." 

  Now three of us are on the way to that library. On the way Bell asked me about my project. I like to talk with her, I replied to her " it's a work of writing an article on magical books." I thought that she would think that I am a boring guy and think and work on silly things like magical stuff and books. But then she replied "kind of interesting". Hearing this I got the feel like she is really interested in these things. I liked it, 

  Now we are on the exit of our town. In front of us there is a small library and behind it there is a vast and dark woods. Me and Bell are a little scared to enter it. But not Adam, he is so excited. Now we entered that library, this library is very strange. From outside it is not bigger than a bookstore. But from inside it is as big as a mountain of books.

  As we entered, we were welcomed by a librarian who was dressed up in the style of an ancient prince. Big leather coat, tight pants, heeled shoes. He said" come here and put your entries here only then you can enter." I said "okay" then I made my entry in the register. I saw that there was no other entry like we are the first to enter in this library. 

  This library is so big. I thought that it's good to ask the librarian about the book which I need. Then I asked him " hello sir I need to that where do you arranged the books which are based on magic?" 

He answered " ya sure I like to help, let me check." He just looked over the mountain of books and said " there it is you have to pass the thirteenth shelf, then take right and you will get there what you wanted."

  We said thanks to him and continued on the way to the shelf. As we reached to the shelf I said " Adam and Bell to find the oldest magical book okay" both nodded their heads in yes and started to put out every book they get. I started to make points from the books which I got.

 On the other side Adam started to play with books. Bell told him to keep the books on their places, but he is not listening to her. Here the librarian is coming to see that what's happening. 

  Here Bell is placing books on the shelf and I am also helping her. Because my notes are complete. I also made the Adam to help me and Bell to put the books. We are arranging the books on the 4th shelf. Then as the librarian saw me then in the sudden a book from the 6th shelf fallen on my face and I stumbled on the floor. 

  In the bold voice librarian said "do you want any book to borrow from here". 

  Then I replied " yes I would like to borrow this book, which is fallen on me." Then we left that place and I came to me my home. I kept my bag on the desk. I am too tired, I just lying on the bed. Then I noticed that I borrowed a book and I haven't checked it. I took my bag and seen that book. 

 The book,

is very strange, it is not having any kind of name on it, and the front cover is having an eye photo on it which is very real. It's only having a blank pages nothing is written on it. The most weird thing is that on the back cover their is a hole in it. 

 I looked through that back cover and I seen nothing, but then on the first page something starts to write on it by itself. I got scared with this So, I just left the book and continued to my regular routine. In the night I kept that book on the desk and slept.

  On the next day,

   On Monday I went to college. In the lunch time I noticed that I accidentally brought that weird book with me in college. And Adam also noticed this thing, he took that book and started to take a look in it. 

  There is only first page, which is written and other than that there is nothing written in it. But, then he used the back cover of the book to see through it, and looked through it and his face was like he had seen a ghost, through it he was scared. Then I calmed him and asked him what happened bro are you okay, he replied "bro I have seen a ghost behind you, and also seen that something terrible is going to happen with you." 

  Then I said "see bro I am okay don't worry nothing is going to happen to me, so calm down and my book back." After taking book from him I opened the book and took a look on Adam through it, I still don't believe on, what I have seen, 

There was literally a big shadow like figure standing behind of it, on the next blink I seen that Adam is seriously injured. But as I just closed the book then everything thing is normal. 

  I was scared that if I have seen these terrible thing, then I was able to imagine that what kind of fear does Adam has experienced. That time I am in the shocked state. Now from today I am going to follow the Adam and always try to protect him it is my final decision. Because, he is the only one who understands me like a brother. And I am never goanna leave him in any condition. But still I was unable to protect him, an terrible accident is happed with Adam. I don't know how is this happened, I am feeling like it's all my fault, because this accident is happened in seconds. 

Accident, 

  Me and Adam were walking on the foot path, I was constantly keeping an eye on Adam, on the crossing I heard like someone is called me from behind, but when I turned back i seen that there is none on behind of me. On the other side a terrible thing is happened, a disaster for me, Adam is got hitted by a car. But, I have seen no car coming towards us. Holding tears in my eyes and with stoned heart, I called the ambulance, and took him to the hospital. Their I also informed his parents about this incident. They came and seen Adam in hospital ward. Doctors are telling that his condition is very critical, their are many fractures in his body, it will take few month to recover. Listening this words of doctor me and Adam's parents were in too much pain.

   So, to give moral support to Adam's parents I decided, stayed their in hospital with Adam's family till night. I am sitting on the chair outside the ward. I was now trapped in the memories of Adam. He is a kind of childish person. He likes to make joke, and make everyone happy. Adam is my best friend we were childhood friends. We always play together and stay together in every occasions. Coming out of the memories Its getting late it's almost 12:30 Am. I don't know when I was slept.

In the dream

  I am holding that Eye book, I open it and then readied the first page. And now this shadow figure is standing behind and takes me in the dark. This made me wake with a scream.

  Then I think that I must read that book and complete it. I took that book and seen where is that shadow. It was just sitting on my left side.

Then I started to read that book with heavy heart.

   On the first page the intro was written and that is this, 

   "We have to fight with our fear, this will make you tough against your fear.

   we were not able to change our past, but we can make our future better.

   We must leave our bad past and just move on to make a better future."

On the second page,

   Adam is going to die on tomorrow's sunset. And there no any to save him. There is also not much time left for you too, because you also seen through this book. This book shows the death of your loved ones. 

  After reading all this, it feel like I am also dead, in mind only one thing is banging on my brain. That is what should I do to protect my friend's life. Then in the first thought I got the point, that what if I burn this book then, it will help or not? 

  Help or not, help or not, this thing made me made, then I made my mind to just burn it, or otherwise it will take my friends life. Then I just left the hospital and went near to the dust took some paper and then borrowed a lighter burned the book. Then I seen the true self of book a spirit came out of fire to me, and said "thank you Kevin I was cursed to stay in this book and to see, how the people get sad, get scared, get helpless against their emotions.

  All this because of my greed and my habit to hold the past, then I did the worst thing and that is I done a deal with a wizard. To change my past and correct all the mistake and turn my pain in happiness. 

  In the previous days I was a king and wanted to become immortal, For this I called my wizard, and told him to find told him to find a way to become immortal, then he said to me that it was it was against the nature of law if you do this it will ruin your life and others life too. 

  But, I was stubborn, I forced the wizard after many years we come to me and said" I found the way to to make you immortal but there is some consequences and I still don't know about this consequences and what are they. After all these things my lord are you still want to become immortal". 

  Now see my stubbornness had to pay my life in captivity for thousands of years in a magical book. And experience the pain of every dying person who owns this book. The person's sadness, pain, tears. But don't do that mistake which I did. 

My last message is the thing which I learnt in these thousands of years is,

"To stay always stay positive, and always stay in present and enjoy it. Leave the past behind and leave the worries of future."

"And don't get trapped by your emotions. Life and death both of things is a part of life."

   After saying this spirit got disappeared. In the sudden from the hospital I got the news that Adam is completely healed. That is the best thing that ever happened with me in my whole.

 From this incident I learnt the most important lesson and got the secret of always staying positive in life.

****

April 30, 2021 16:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.