0 comments

Fiction Funny Happy

It was always chaos in the main street as it was the holiday for everyone in that city. It was a day to be with your families’ friends and your partner to enjoy till the end of the day. People were excited to visit each other’s house to throw a great party. Everyone was happy, except those who still have to meet their significant someone.

Down the street there was a clothing store which was run by a man who looked like he was in his early thirties, had a pale skin, and had almost hair on his head. His shop was a success as it was the most trusted clothing shop in that area. He had everything in his life. Except 'LOVE'.


He kept his head down, when again he heard the doorbell. It was so usual that he didn't even mind until he heard a female voice.


"Um excuse me sir" he jerked his head upwards almost breaking it. He could hear his workers giggling behind his back, but decided to ignore it.


"Hello mam, welcome to our shop what would you like to buy?" His teeth were shining with the happiness. She was one of his types.

She is looking at me...the real me!


"I would like to buy a suit, dark blue in colour, with paisley design. My mum told me about this store and how great items it has for men." she said.


"Yes mam your order is right away" He nudged the nearby staff and asked him to come with him inside the store room, where he kept fabrics, extra pair and readymade suits.

"Such a polite girl, buying clothes for her father" he was happily ruffling the closet to find the matching one.

The co-worker looked at his boss with a confusing face.

"Um so how do you know its for her father?"

"I-I just know it Dave... i have more experience in this field than you can ever have!" he looked at his face for a reaction, but he never budged.

"Ugh..BEt YOu!" after looking at him the last time he came out of the store room and went straight to the women.


"Here miss. This one piece was left in the closet. You are very lucky, this design is on demand. I am sure your father will like it" he was smiling like crazy. Dave stand right beside him, and started doing the extra work. To listen what's ahead.

"Oh this suit? its actually for my husband." she started.

Wha.. he could heard Dave scoffing right after that. Dave came closer to his ear and said

"I might be and idiot, but i guess this suit is not for her dad but for her daddy-ugh!" he stepped on Dave’s foot.

"Oh do I sound weird?" the lady spoke and looked down at the floor, embarrassed.

“Oh no-no no its nothing like that ha-ha… it’s just that, its perfect for everyone.” Must be newly wedded

With that he thanked the lady once again and went to drink his coffee, which he didn’t know was already cold.

“Ugh terrible luck” he aimed the cup at dustbin which somehow didn’t manage to go in and instead splashed on the white wall.

OH NO!!

~

At 5pm everyone was heading home to enjoy the day. But the shop owner was really tired with all the events happening with him this month.

“Um your phone has been ringing for 5 minutes now” Dave stopped right at the door.

“Hmm I know”

“Is that winder’s notification?” Dave asked curiously.

“Yeah… but I am not looking at it” He answered.

“So…will you spend this best day alone too?”

“Why? Do you have a girlfriend?” he looked up and mocked Dave. As he was his first assistant and both of them almost had most of the time together. Though he is younger than him, but he knows that he is single like him.

“Um yeah” he scratched his cheeks and looked at him for a reaction. "I met her accidentally on a bar as she was passed out right beside me. Found out that her friend left her all alone, and went away with some other guy

So I had to take responsibility

“Wow really good story, don’t kid me kid. I know you better than anyone else”

It was total silent for a minute so he looked up once again only to saw Dave looking through his phone.

“Here I have a picture with her” He looked at the screen and saw Dave with a young lady kissing him in the cheek. Dave on the other hand was smiling for the first time which he never knew existed.

Dave took the phone smiling like an idiot. He could do nothing but believe in what he just saw.

“Maybe you wanna try her?” Dave asked him.

“No never, I cannot do it again and get heartbroken. Until she sees my real self, I cannot go to date. I know I messed it up last three times. Every time I removed my wig they just say sorry and just left the place. Its just that, it happened three times this month. I just don’t want to do it agai-”

Dave holds his chin and make him look at him.

“Hmm you are actually good looking but maybe you should try a better wig. A little fat but ok, just try to normalise it. Let’s say I will give you a good a makeover”

“Ok but, wait, I just told you I don’t want to go-”

“Shut up, you don’t wanna live single forever, do you?”

It was the first time he saw Dave so serious. He remembered Dave telling him that he had got a permanent job as an makeup artist but he still comes in the shop some days a week and works like an employee. Maybe I should listen to him this time.

“No I don’t”                                                                                                                              

~

It was still 6pm and he was ready with his car. He looked really different in the suit he had on borrowed from his own shop and the hairstyle… it was just amazing. But somewhere in the bottom of his heart he still felt the same ache. But between all of that someone punched him really hard.

“Ow! What the heck man? Please just stop it.”

“Hmm maybe you haven’t learn your lesson yet” Dave then again tapped his head, lightly this time.

“I don’t want to hear a thing just be yourself and I know she’ll love it. Its not like wearing wig is a bad thing. Just go now its already 6 o clock."

He looked at Dave and thanked him for all and then went away.

~

She told him to meet him in the small pathway which was kind of far away from where he lived. After half an hour he finally reached the destination. But when he saw the woman from a distance, he just couldn't then. She was slim, beautiful and the same kind who would reject him after looking at him. He just froze in his car and started imagining how they will end but it was getting dark and she was still standing there, all alone. He still couldn’t move until he heard someone. When he looked out of the car window he saw the same women shouting for help. She was surrounded by two guys. Now he knew he had to come out from his hole.

~

“What are ya doin out here alone at night baby girl?” A said

“HA ha not your boyfriend leaving you all alone here at night…or did he? Don’t worry we will keep it a secret.” B said

The women tried to shout but only tears came out in response.

“Don’t worry we will not harm you” the moment he reached out his hands, someone or something grabs his arm.

“Shut up or I will call the cops” He was dead serious than ever. The guys flinched and went away saying something, possibly cursing, who knows?

He looked behind slowly. He knew he was responsible for all of this.

“Look I am sorr-”

“THANK YOU!” the woman was hugging him now. But he could hear her sobbing. So he just decided to remain still. Never in his life he saw someone so small yet so pure.      

 ~

Street by street he was looking for the best restaurant in the city but none, literally none of them was empty.

OH my god why today? Oh its my fault for dreaming scenarios…but who knows

“Thank you again sir” The lady spoke.

“You’ve already thanked me so many times don’t worry about it. In the end it was actually my fault for coming so late”

“Ha ha didn’t you heard heroes always come late? He he”

she sure is the cheerful one.

“There is not even a single restaurant. Not even for two people” he was genuinely worried but on the other hand she was enjoying the ride.

At least she is happy for now but what about dinner?

“How about we head your home?”

Everyone in the road could hear the screech of car. He stopped it suddenly and started thinking about what he just heard.

“Oh god that was dangerous, but how about it, should we head to your house?”

SHE SAID IT AGAIN

“Um isn't it's just way to fast?... Maybe you want to reconsider what you just said?... "

“Yeah I mean lets head to your home…wait I-I mea-mean for dinner.”

There was total awkward silence for a minute.

“yea-yeah we should”

No one talked till they reached his home.


“So yeah we are here” he was going to open the left car door like a gentleman but she was already out.


“Wow your house is so good”

“Oh thank you, um want to come inside?”

Both of them looked down shyly and went in, completely silent.


~

“You can take off your shoes out here”

“Ok. Its getting really cloudy out, maybe it will rain really hard” she said looking out from the window.

“Yeah you are right. The bathroom is right their.” He said heading into the kitchen.

“Wait…are you cooking?” she asked curiously.

“Um yeah I actually know how to cook. Do you want to see?”

“Yeah I am coming just wait a min”

She head in the bathroom only to shout again.

“WHAT? What happened?” he came in the bathroom running and found her pointing in the dark room. Only to found his dog whose eyes were reflecting bathroom’s light.

“Oh god that scared me” she looked behind and saw him leaning close to her and looking at her in a suspicious manner.

“Hmm I thought you were brave enough to distinguish between a dog and a monster. His name is Dodo” He was really close to her in fact both could feel each other breathing. Realising how awkward it was, he took a step behind and then she dashed out of the bathroom.

Oh man can someone be as idiot as I am? He looks at his dog and asks him the same question. And then gets back to the kitchen. 'Blushing hardly'

~

She helped him serve the food to the table. And then they both sat down to eat. Facing each other, not knowing what to say or do.

“Um so what’s your name sir?”

“Oh my-my name is Chubs…” he wipes his lips with handkerchief in the end.

~Silence~

“Oh but winder showed some other name or was it something different...?”

He remember putting his name something really cool and unique as he hates his name.

“WH-what about you miss?” he tried changing the subject.

“Oh…you will probably laugh at my name…its... Thick thighs.”

“Oh…” He looks down at her thighs. It was in Fact ‘thick’.

“Oh no ,no I will not. So…” he takes a bite “What do you love to do?”

“Oh me…I just loved to do makeup since I was young…so yeah I am a makeup artist.

“Yeah good”

“So… what about you? What do you do for living?” she asked

“I run a men’s store. My shop has every variety of clothing items for men.”

“Oh that’s great to hear”

They were having a good time, some random talks etc.

Dodo was also having a great time deciding how to attack this little guy in the backyard. It was a cat, one of the cat burglar around the area. The dog was enjoying his evening until he saw her around the bush looking dead straight to his eyes. He started growling slowly and went out to look for the cat.

The wind was starting blow really fast and soon enough it was raining. The dog was still sniffing around the bush and finally he saw the cat lurking behind one of the windows. He dashed at her with full speed. When the cat saw him, she started running for her life. Both of them were playing NFS round and round in their backyard but inside the people were really out of it. Both were having a good time until they saw two creatures jumping in from one of the open sliding window straight to their table and destroying all the dishes. The dishes were shattered to the ground. Spatula went far away in the hall. All of the food had wasted. Both of them had no idea what just happened but one thing was sure. They have had to catch them.

~

In between everyone was running around the house. Thick Thighs was going behind the cat and Chubs was after his dog. Someone or something jumped on his head. It was the cat. He tried to take her down but she stopped him.

“Wait…let it be their I will catch him” She jumped on him but unfortunately the cat runaway and something came on her right hand as she falls down. She was facing chubs and was just an inch away. Both of them stand up blushing and again started running for them.

It was raining heavily out there. Both of them came out only to saw both the cat and dog finally stooping and growling at each other, they found it a good chance and ran towards them.

“Splash”

He looked behind and saw her fall down; as he came to her he holds his hand out to her. He saw that all of her mascara was coming down like tears. He flinched but then he saw her running towards the cat and he followed.

Finally getting a hold of both the animals, the rain was finally fading.

“Whew, I had run this much after a very long time” she said as she was holding the cat.

“Yeah you’re right.”

Both of them look each other and laugh at each other but finally something came to his senses.

HIS WIG WAS GONE

“Bad kitty” was all she just said.

Is that all? Is that all she had to say?

He was nervously holding his dog as she was just behind him.

“Ha lets head inside” she got up, letting the cat go away.

He looked at her once again, fully stunned.

“Of course I mean lets clean the House” With that she went in laughing.

Chubs looks at his dog, who was in return smirking.

“All right, all right I’ll treat you a big meal tomorrow”

                                              ~





July 02, 2021 14:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2024-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.