8 comments

Adventure Fantasy LGBTQ+

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

The time on my wristwatch read...11:58 am.


Well shit. I'm late!


I was riding my bike to my job interview, since mom couldn't drive me. It'd 

be easier if I was just 18 already. But no. I was a puny 16-and-a-half-year-old. First summer job. Or at least a soon-to-be job? I don't know, I was running 5 minutes late! That'll probably look bad for my record. Ouch.


That’s when everything went dark. It was only seconds, But it really felt like hours. I woke up? What, was I dreaming? No!


I tried to get up but fell back down. I tried to get up a few times, but gave up at the third try. My ears were ringing and I felt my whole body pulsing. Blood was coming out of areas where blood wasn’t supposed to be. My hand had gash and my head hurt a lot. As well as my vision, it was blurry for a little bit, going back to normal when someone helped me up.


“W-What?”

“Oh my god! She’s talking!” A lady said. A lady who I had never met. Ever.

“What?”


Sirens. But not just a police siren…and ambulance too. 


“W-Who got hurt?”

“Oh sweetie, you and the driver.” 

“Wh-Who?”


Ambulances came, paramedics rushing to the scene. I saw someone get carried away in a body bag, my vision then faded to black.

I awoke to faint breathing and shuffling. The bright lights burned my eyes before I got used to them. People were whispering. I then heard my mother. Right along with my step dad’s drunken voice. 


“Oh my baby! Are you hurt?” 

“What happened?” I asked.

“Some fricking drunk driver crashed into your bike! You were conscious for a few seconds, and then you fainted.”

“Why am I not dead?”

“I…I don’t know hun. You have big plans for this world.”

“Sure.” I tried to laugh. It hurt.

“Shh. Don’t laugh, you dislocated a rib and broke another.”

“Oh man.” I tried to laugh again. Supposedly not learning a lesson. 


A couple hours passed before I fell back into slumber. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird dreams came to me while I was sleeping. A shadow loomed over everything. No matter where you looked. It was everywhere. I couldn’t even find the thing or the person who caused the shadow. The sun wasn’t even out. Neither were any lights. But somehow you can see it. The shadow man, that’s what I call him. Assuming that it is male because of the body’s physique. For some reason, I was running. I bumped into somebody who took me into their house and gave me a drink of something sour. Salty. It was gross but anyway, the person said, 


“You’re one of a kind, Zayla.”

“Only my parents- well my mother can call me by my full name. It’s ZJ”

“I know. Because, I’m your father.”

“Pfft! Yeah sure. He left me hella long ago. He didn’t want me. He’s gone.”

“Then how do I know everything about you?”

“Stalker?”

“No. Zayla Kilo Connors Junnson. Father? Kiinn.”

“Wow. You are a stalker.”

“Zayla. ZJ…I’m your father. The God of the Weather and the Sky.”

“Sure.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Your dog died last week.”

“Excuse me?”

“I know something only you and your mother know. I had to abandon you at the age of 6 days. Someone was going to hurt you. Kill you. I wanted to protect you. ZJ. I love you, you’re my only daughter!”

“So, what’s this ‘God of the Weather and the Sky’ bullshit?”

“There are many gods. Goddess’s too.”

“Liar.” 

“You know it’s disrespectful to call someone a liar when they’re telling the truth.”

“Sorry. But how do I know if you’re telling the truth?”

“ISN’T THAT ENOUGH PROOF!?” He yelled/laughed

“DON’T. Yell at me.”

“Ahem. S-Sorry.”


He talked about the gods of our world. Who I didn’t know that existed! But he also warned that I'm in great danger.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I awoke, shadow people swarmed the hospital, dragging the bodies away. Blood was everywhere, black, purple, and red blood. Mom screamed when she saw me awake. She threw me her special rock that turned into a magnificent silver sword when it reached my numb hand.


Maybe that's why she had never let me touch it.

May 08, 2024 22:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

14:50 May 09, 2024

hey maine! it’s mars aka youngsheldonviral. it’s been a while since we’ve talked :) i really liked this!

Reply

Idk Lol
15:44 May 09, 2024

thanks also hi!

Reply

Idk Lol
15:47 May 09, 2024

also, I'm continuing this story :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Carol Banks
15:34 May 09, 2024

Hello Maine Beau! Are you ready for the mosh pit, shakabrah? Is that hella cool?

Reply

Idk Lol
15:44 May 09, 2024

Mosh pit? shakabrah?

Reply

Carol Banks
15:48 May 09, 2024

It's what all the cool kids are saying nowadays, is it not? Read my latest story!

Reply

Idk Lol
15:50 May 09, 2024

uhm no. nobody isn't saying that. lol. I don't have time right now, to read cuz I'm in school. I'll read it later. :)

Reply

Carol Banks
15:51 May 09, 2024

I understand! It's important to pay attention in school.. Dont end up like my ex hubby 😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.