0 comments

Funny Adventure Fiction

On a Friday morning, it was most likely expected to be one of the best mornings for Bella. Most especially this particular Friday. This Friday was the day she and all her co-workers took a day off from work. Where she would sit on the couch and spoil herself with some ice cream, candies, and popcorn and switch on the TV. It was a certain tradition at her job place. Bella works as a waitress at a small restaurant down the street. On these types of occasions, Bella would decide to ring her friend Gina in for some fun and games and gossip a little. It would be a fairly relaxed day for her.


Bella's alarm clock rings at 6:00 in the morning because she forgot to switch it off the night before. It rings and rings and rings until Bella finally realizes the ringing was in reality. She grunts and slams it off as she scratches her head in misery. The alarm clock falls off the counter. She checks her phone and reads the date. A smile comes across her face. It was Friday! The Friday the whole job took off for some relaxation. She squealed and hid under the blankets happily as she slowly fell asleep.



After a few minutes of some peaceful sleep, or as it felt for Bella, the alarm clock goes off again. This time, it instantly wakes up Bella. Bella screams in misery as she angrily gets out of bed to pick up the alarm clock. She shuts it off immediately in frustration. She grabs her phone angrily and goes to the bathroom. She hears Moola bark against her door. She splashes her face with water and looks in the mirror. Her miserable self looks back at her. You could clearly see the dark circles and eyebags under her eyes, Her hair was all over the place, and you could clearly see all the pimples and pores around her face. She had been treating them for quite some time. She shrugs as she puts on the cream for her face. She massages her under eyes and escapes the bathroom. Moola showers her with kisses and circles around Bella. Bella bends down to pet Moola. She checks the time on her watch again, 8:23 AM. It was fairly early for her. She slept at 3:30 AM last night. Bella walks into the kitchen barefooted with Moola right behind her. The floor is cold. She puts on the fire and puts a pan over it. Today she decides she would be eating two sunny-side-up eggs with a piece of buttered bread and milk. Bella waits a few minutes for the oil to heat up. She then finally plops the egg inside, making the oil splash onto Bella. Bella swears to herself as she wipes the oil off her hands and rushes cold water through them. She also heats up the leftover soup so it doesn't spoil. She decides to step out for a few minutes to go and talk with Gina. She takes out her phone and dials Gina's phone number. What a fun day it would be! Bella thinks to herself. The phone rings as Bella waits patiently.

"Hullo?" 

"Gina!! It's Friday!"

"Is this Bells?"

"Yes, yes!"

*Distinct groaning from Gina*

"Did you just wake up?"

"Let me sleep, Bella!"

"No, we are going to sit down and watch movies and eat whatever we want today."

"I'm working on my body Be-"

"I don't give a darn. I'm walking up there right now."


Bella cuts the call and steps outside. Gina lived only a few houses down. 5 to be exact. Moola was still right behind Bella, still waiting to be fed. Moola makes her way out of the house and waddles down the stairs. Bella hasn't given notice to her yet. Moola barks which bring Bella's full attention. "Moola! Moola, get inside right now!" Bella commands. Moola continues to throttle down. Bella slowly approaches her. "Moola... don't do this." Bella grabs her suddenly when she was within reach. Moola panics and scratches her way out of Bella's arms. "Moola!" Bella runs after her but Moola speeds up as she tries to catch up with the hotdog truck. Bella calls her name, "MOOLA! MOOLA, DON'T RUN AWAY FROM ME!" Bella runs after the stubborn dog. Moola is now a little dot. She had run too far and fast for Bella to catch her. Bella runs a little more to see if she would spot Moola. Of course, she doesn't. "Moola!" She runs in another direction. "Moola!" No response. Bella stands there for a moment and began to cry. She runs a few houses back where Gina's house is but then trips over a rock. She twists her leg and scratches her elbow. Blood starts to form over Bella's elbow. She lets out a tiny scream and slowly makes her way to Gina's place. Her legs are in severe pain. She bangs on her door. "Coming!" Gina yells from inside. Bella could hear the quick movements in the house. Pans clinging and fast-moving feet. She could hear a faint sound of music in the background. The distinct hearing of steps comes closer to the door. Bella is panting. Gina opens the door with a toothbrush in her mouth. "Hey Bells, morning jog? Oh Christ, what happened to you?" Gina has her morning cap on and a fancy purple robe. Her face was perfectly glowing while, as we can expect, Bella looks even more miserable than she had woken up. "Moola ran off! I tripped and fell as I was chasing her. She scratched me! She isn't usually like this! what if she doesn't come back?" Gina takes the brush out of her mouth and holds up her hand as she rushes to the bathroom to spit out the saliva and rinse her mouth. Bella sighs. Gina runs back to the front door. "I'm sure she will come back, you've walked her around the whole city so many times! She will come back." Bella looks down the road one more time before she let the tear escape from her eye. "Aw Bells, don't cry. She will come back, I promise. Come in and let me treat that elbow of yours!" Bella comes in struggling and slumped on the couch. "And your leg? Don't worry I'll take care of it. Want some coffee? Looks like you really need it." Gina offers. Bella nods her head as she looks out the window. Gina starts the coffee and brings some cotton balls and bandages with her. "Lemme clean that up for you." Gina sits beside Bella and cleans up her cut and applies hydrogen peroxide. Bella nearly screams in pain. "It's okay." Gina comforts her. She puts three bandages on top of the cut. "There you go." Gina switches on the TV and brings the coffee. Bella mumbles a "thank you" as she wipes the remaining tears falling down. She takes a sip of the coffee. It was bitter. She hated coffee. The TV was showing a rom-com show. Bella loved rom-com. Gina came back with her cup of coffee and placed it on the coffee table. "Okay so my dad taught me this a while back and I think I still remember..." She bent down and started massaging Bella's feet oh no... Bella thought. She squeezed her eyes. Gina yanked her leg and twisted it the other way. Crack. Bella yelped. "Sorry, sorry!" Bella moved her leg up and down with no pain. "Now get up." Bella placed her coffee on the table and carefully got up. She wobbled a little, doubting it would work but she felt nothing. Bella felt nothing. "It worked!" Bella jumped. "I knew it would. Hey now, don't start jumping. Just walk around a little just in case." Bella walked up and down the hall a few times without a problem. She came back to sit down next to Gina. She got her coffee and took another sip. The coffee definitely missed something.

"Gina, did you put any cream in this?"

"Nope, the bitter, the better."

Cream...Cream... Bella thinks. What is she forgetting? She shrugged off the thought and continued to watch the show. She takes another sip of her coffee and begins to feel relaxed. Gina gets up once more and pops some popcorn. "Oh wait. I forgot. Bells, have you had breakfast yet? I think I could make us some eggs." Gina said, popping her head out of the kitchen. Bella's eyes pop out as she starts to remember. "Breakfast! Holy MOLY! Breakfast!" How could she have forgotten? Bella sprinted out of Gina's house and ran. "Bella! Where are you going?!" Gina called out. Bella ran all the way to her house. Her leg made another cracking sound which was unpleasant to hear. Smoke came out of the little hole in the front door. Bella rushed inside, the place full of smoke. Bella swore aloud through coughs. How could I forget? How!? She rushed into the kitchen, bumping into her favorite vases and into her furniture, earning painful bruises around her body. The fire alarm was beeping, louder than ever. Bella turned off the stove quickly, coughing severely as she looked at the blackest egg she had ever cooked. Bella ran to get the fire extinguisher. She desperately sprayed it everywhere, keeping her eyes sealed. "Holy Moly! What happened here?" A distant voice called out. No, it couldn't be. Bella could recognize the voice. She grunted miserably. Her parents had entered the house. Bella put down the Fire extinguisher and rushed to open the windows dodging the question. The first 4 windows were in the sunroom. She had successfully opened them without a problem. But as she makes her way to the living room, she slips on a pile of vase water and steps on glass. The glass cuts deep into her skin, causing blood to gush out. She sits there for a moment. "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?" Bella screamed, tears streaming down her face. "Honey, It seems like you have a bit of a problem to fix.. Um." Bella opened her eyes and stared at them, her eyes burning. "We just wanted to surprise you! Since it was your day off, we wanted to stay here for the weekend and you know, talk about college choices and stuff." Bella gently closed her eyes in frustration. "I am not going to major in Science. I am majoring in Fashion. That is it. If this is why you came here I suggest you leave because the decision is made. And can't you see this is not the right time?!" They stay there for a while, exchanging looks. "But-" Mr. Frendicks, Bella's father, began to say but Mrs. Frendicks refrained him from saying anything further. Mrs. Frendicks whispered something to Mr. Frendicks, too quiet for Bella to hear. Then the place went quiet with the beeping noise of the fire alarm ringing in their ears.

"Honey, let me just help you-"

"I got it Mrs. Frendicks."

Gina appears on the front porch next to the Frendicks. She steps inside and opens the remaining windows, coughing. "Come on Bella, you are going to suffocate in here if you don't get out- Holy moly! Oh no! Bella, your hair is on fire! It's on fire! It's literally on fire!" Gina points her finger at her hair as she laughs but instead, coughs come out. Mr. Frendicks rushes into the kitchen, coughing, and successfully comes back with a full cup of freezing cold water. He immediately pours it onto Bella's hair. Bella screams. The cold water trickles down her spine. Her clothes are soaking wet. She touches her hair and screams even louder. "My hair! It's all gone! it's gone!" Bella messes with the remaining hair on one side of her head and cries out loud. "Bells! its... well, not as bad! It could be worse!" Gina wrinkles her nose as she takes a close look at Bella's hair. It was very bad. "Come on Bella let's go to my house so we can clean you up again." Mr. and Mrs. Frendicks help Gina bring Bella into Gina's house. Mr. Frendicks calls the fire service to clear up the smoke. Bella breaks her leg badly this time and is bleeding from the broken glass. Her face is covered with her hair ashes and her hair looks like an explosion. "So honey. about college.."

"Mom, stop it. Please! Do you think this is the right time to be talking about college? No, tell me!"

Her mother places her hands on her lap and shakes her head softly. "I'm not taking advantage of you guys being rich. I'm not into science! What don't you understand? I've been into fashion all my life. I'm just really tired now okay? I had gotten no sleep!" Just as Bella rests her head on the pillow, her phone rings. She lets out a loud groan and picks up the phone, eyes still closed. "Hello?" she groans, "Bella! we need you right now ASAP! The governor had just arrived and he had chosen to come to our- I mean my restaurant. MY restaurant! I need you to serve him since you are uhm.. Ahem my best waitress I suppose... Well, don't let him pay for anything! You have to be here! Now! Have you heard? Right now! You better come or say goodbye to this job of yours! Put on anything you have and come! Look presentable or else! Do NOT let me down. Yes! I'm so excited! You MUST come immediately! See you there!!!" And he cut the call before Bella could respond. She dropped her phone in disbelief.



This indeed was the "perfect" Friday.


March 08, 2023 02:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.