4 comments

Adventure Fantasy Holiday

"Hey, be quick, jump on the ramp NOW" Ali said to Zain while he was ready to pull him up in the train.

" I'm still not sure to join you! You always put me in trouble!" Zain replied.

Train Siren rang which meant it was ready to move so Zain quickly jumped up n Ali helped him climb.

" Are you sure you can win the marathon? I've never seen you running, actually you are mostly sleeping" Zain told Ali sarcastically.

"Oh, C'mon , I can do anything to get to the Green Island, it's my dream,Man!" Ali said with a smile.

He had recently read an Ad in the magazine kept in the barber shop that said, " Earth Day Marathon- Winners get free tickets and stay at the Green Island"

Ali's mother used to tell him stories about this place as she had visited it before marriage . He had never been out of his village and was crazy to visit the Island that he used to dream of .

He decided to leave for the city to get a chance to win.

He took his friend Zain along with him.

" We'll get down at the city station, be sure the ticket collecter doesn't find us till then, it's not too far" Ali was instructing Zain.

As the city station came , Ali and Zain jumped out , just when the ticket collecter was near!

"Pheww..., We are safe .. " they laughed at each other.

The address of the registration office was near too luckily . They walked till there to save some bucks .

"Hi , can you register us for the Earth Day Marathon" Ali asked the counter.

"Sure, tell me your details , you have 2 hours to practice, race will begin at 11am" the clerk said

Ali and Zain managed to get some juice and sat there to save some energy instead of practicing.

The race began and Ali ,as expected, was tired after the first lap and dropped off to the ground, he tried to get up but it was too hot and he fainted.

When he came back to senses it was too late.

" I lost it ,Zain!" Ali cried loud.

Zain could also not complete the race . He fell off too.

Zain couldn't see Ali so disappointed.

"Don't worry , you will still go the Island" he said

Next day, they were both sitting and checking newspapers and then went to get information of tickets of Green island at a tour office.

" 4000 dollars !" The travel agent said when they asked about the expense.

" How are we going to get that amount " Ali asked Zain.

" Let's see.., "

They kept thinking for long, either go back or arrange 4000 dollars , they had 2 options.

Ali could make really good hand made crockery of clay .

And Zain was a very good painter.

They decided to get their skills to use.

They wrote on a banner an ad for painted crockery.

Made few pieces from the money they had and sold them , still they had a piece remaining and only 100 dollars collected.

"Can I have this ? Actually I'll like to have multiple pieces to set in my lawn " Mrs Sarah said.

"Sure!" Their eyes were hopeful now. They used 100 dollars to get more material and made plenty of pots.

They now had 1500 dollars profit in hand and still some material left.

Hand made pots weren't easily available In city so they were getting really good profit.

Luckily a company hired then to make pots for their employees for a farewell.

And this offer did wonders.

They collected the amount and went to the agent.

" Your flight will be next week , we are doing the arrangement" clerk said after booking .

Ali and Zain couldn't believe that they had won!!!

Finally the day come , Ali and Zain who were staying in a neighborhood came early to the airport. And were ready for the flight.

But soon they realized that they were scammed !

No ticket was booked. All was hoax.

"But we payed him" Ali said to airport clerk.

"Seems you are not from the city." The airport security officer said.

"The agent has cheated you, you have no receipt , no record."

Ali got devastated after hearing this . Nothing could be done he thought.

"What on earth are we going to do now, we have already done what we could."

Ali said.

They were both ready to go back and moved to the railway station walking with heavy hearts.

As he said this ,Zain jumped with joy as he read an ad on a wall poster.

" Porters required for travelling to the Green Island.."

He should it to Ali.

Ali seemed as happy as he was.

"Are you thinking the same like me ," he asked Ali .

"Yes, why not ", Ali finally was happy.

" But you have never lifted heavy weight , don't know difficult it would be for you ." Ali said to Zain.

" Let's do it, where there is a will, there is a way" Zain replied happily.

They went to the office and they were hired for the work luckily.

Ali and Zain had to pick up really heavy stuff... They were given practice sessions

It was tough but really worth it.

They had their flight next day .

Everything was ready and they were finally good to go!

" My life begins today Zain, I'm so happy" Ali said with joy.

Soon they wrote both on the island of their dreams... Of Ali's dreams...!!

" I can't believe how beautiful it is " Ali said.

They went to the island not as winners but as their porters. But enjoyed every bit of the journey.

Ali and Zain were mesmerized to be here , and the weight they had to lift didn't really feel that heavy ,

Because their heart was in it....

Ali took pictures with the team and promised to show them to his mom who came here long ago .

" Now I'll tell her stories of my visit " Ali told Zain happily while giving a smile to the camera..

March 03, 2021 09:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Charles Cook
04:25 Mar 11, 2021

The ending was my favorite, I would gladly take an honest job just to get to go to an island was my friend. At first the story moved fast like a montage but I feel that was intended, so well done writer.

Reply

Batool Mirza
18:30 Mar 11, 2021

Thank u... Glad that you liked it ...!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amanda Fox
19:53 Mar 09, 2021

I'm so glad Ali and Zain got their happy ending. The idea to combine their talents and make painted pottery to sell was lovely, but I was sad they were scammed by the travel agent. Happily, they were able to get to the Green Island!

Reply

Batool Mirza
18:09 Mar 10, 2021

Yes, hopefully they learnt from their bad experience, and the good part was that they finally reached there... Thank you for reading my story ... Have a nice day !

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.