48 comments

Funny Fiction Coming of Age

"๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””!" The 4th-grade classroom bell rings as Mrs. Kelstyn screams over it "Tonight's homework is to write a 2 paragraph note for yourself when you're an adult!" Txunamy loved the idea of this, so she waited for the kids to leave the classroom.

"Mrs. Kelstyn?" she whispered.

"Yes?" She replied.

Txuanamy then said quietly "I would love to make a note to myself but.... ๐Ÿ˜”I don't want you to read it. I'd be too embarrassed."

Mrs. Kelstyn looked at Txunamy and smiled "Don't worry I'm not reading anyone's!" ๐Ÿ™‚She Exclaimed, "I'm just going to give everyone an ๐Ÿ…ฐ๏ธ for participating for their creativity." Txunamy felt a relief she just didn't like when people read personal stuff that she wrote. She told her teacher goodbye๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ and went to wait for her mom's car๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš˜ to pick her up out front.

She arrived home and raced to her room to get her new notebook ๐Ÿ“”and her favorite pen๐Ÿ–Š๏ธ. She began to write... she kept messing up and getting frustrated, but she was determined to finish it. She spent the rest of her day writing it and some of her night she went to bed at 10:00 p.m. because mama made her. The next morning, she woke up and brushed her teeth before getting dressed for school. As she was making the pasty white toothpaste swish in her mouth from side to side, she remembered the note herself that she had written all night. She got dressed, grabbed her backpack๐ŸŽ’ unzipped it to grab out the pink folder that she loved so much! She slid her paper into the folder๐Ÿ“‚ put it in her backpack right before she zipped it up.

"Txunamy we're going to be late!" her mother hollered ๐Ÿ“ข. "I'm coming, one minute please." She responded politely. She hurried to get her tennis shoes tied and ran to the car๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ for her mom to drive her to school๐Ÿš—. She got to school on time! ๐Ÿซ She sat at her desk and did her math work. Dreading the bell to ring because she has soccer practice on Wednesdays and Fridaysโšฝ๐Ÿฅ…! "30 mins till class is over!!" Whispered Txunamy's BFF ๐Ÿคซ "๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””!" the bell rang.

"Wait! โœ‹๐Ÿผ" Mrs. Kelstyn demanded. "Everyone that completed their homework assignment bring it to my desk๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿซ." Txunamy walked up slowly after the kids showed her their papers and ran off to go home ๐Ÿก. "Here Mrs. Kelstyn I worked hard on it, took me hours. ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ" Txunamy told her teacher. "But... I decided you can read it๐Ÿ“– I won't be embarrassed, as long as it's only you that read's it." ๐Ÿ˜I promise it will only be I that reads your note!" Mrs. Kelstyn promises. Txunamy leaves the room to wait out front for her mom. Meanwhile, Mrs. Kelstyn begins reading the essay, it says:

"Dear big Txunamy, I'm 10 years old at the moment! I love dogs๐Ÿถ, bugs๐Ÿชฒ๐Ÿ›, my BFF ๐Ÿ‘ง, and most of all... my teacher๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿซ. 4th grade is hard, but it will be easy when I let you read this note because you'll be 18 and hopefully in college!! If you're still in Mrs. Kelstyn's class though don't worry... I'll understand. It's rough in here!! At least you'll be the coolest 4th grader! Think about it.... a 4th grader that drives themself to schoolc๐ŸŽ๏ธ. Anyways I'm off to soccer practice now. Bye!! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ"

Mrs. Kelstyn laughs๐Ÿ˜‚ before going to return the paper to Txunamy. "Did you like it?" Txunamy asked. "I loved it!" Responded Mrs. Kelstyn. "Really??!!!" Txunamy said surprised. "Yes, it was great you get an A+." Txunamy wakes up looking around in disbelief that this all happened as she wakes up a little more, she has a realization.... it was just a dream. Txunamy was not in 4th grade she was in her college dorm. ๐ŸŽ“Later that day she called her mom to chat with her because she was bored. She said, "Oh, yeah I almost forgot I had a dream that I was in 4th grade and had to write a letter to myself! ๐Ÿคฃ" Her mom laughed "Wow really? Because when you were in 4th grade you did have to do that, and I still have it." Txunamy was in shock that her dream was real, and she has a note to read that she wrote herself.

When it was Christmas break she went home to visit her mom. Also to find that note. Up in the attic there, it was in that pink notebook with her favorite pen! The only weird thing was that the note was different. It said, "Dear Big Txunamy, I hope my BFF is still in my closet." Txunamys eyes widen as she thinks to herself "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!" She runs to the closet ... there's nothing in there. She sits down opening a secret door when she opened it she almost passed out it was the smell of dead fish. The room was only about 6ft long and 4ft tall. but there was a black bag. How did Txunamy not remember this room?!?! She's about to run out of the room but when she turns her mom is smiling behind her and slams the door and all Txunamy hears is a lock sound. Her mom just locked her in a small room with a black bag. She decides to unzip the bag sticking out of it was hair.

Txunamy passed out... she woke up and she wasn't in that room.... she was tied to her Mom's bed and her mom was holding a storybook while sitting. Txunamy screamed, "what have you done?!" But her mom began to read.

"Once Upon a Time, there was a little girl who was killed by her mother. The mother didn't want anyone to know so she cloned her giving the clone her daughter's brain but all memory in the brain was gone except in little pieces. When the clone got older๐Ÿ‘ต, she started to remember๐Ÿคฏ everything so she had to go too๐Ÿ’€ .."

"THE END!!! and That's my story!" Shouted Txunamy to her 4th-grade class.

*The entire class gasps*๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ


May 14, 2022 22:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

48 comments

Miles Gatling
09:33 May 15, 2022

That's an A+. Most shy away from the dream sequence but it was well integrated.

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
14:02 May 15, 2022

aha thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:20 May 15, 2022

The emojis are almost their own character! hahaha I had to laugh, because a friend and I wrote stories using emojis, too. https://blog.reedsy.com/short-story/j9pwf0/ And Daniel Hayes wrote a scary story: https://blog.reedsy.com/short-story/opxfsz/ I think the three of us have started a new GENRE :) Keep writing. You have a strong knack for it!

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
18:39 May 15, 2022

Omg!! that's too funny!! I've never seen someone else do it Lol tysm!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
12:07 May 21, 2022

Yeah...wmoji-filled stories are the real-new deal

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
21:26 May 23, 2022

baha

Reply

Dhwani Jain
01:18 May 24, 2022

Pls read and review my latest story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Kathleen `Woods
03:01 May 15, 2022

I'll have you know I listened to this, so the creative addition of Emojis was a bit jarring. That being said I found that choice alongside your plot was very supportive of a creepy-pasta style reading, that was overall enjoyable. The reveal at the end, of Txunamy reading the story to her class fits very close to that reading also. I do have a soft spot for evil mothers in stories so that's like three points on top of figuring out what to do with this prompt specifically. Though I'm curious about the cannon for this piece, the main questi...

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
05:14 May 15, 2022

That's what is supposed to make the reader curious at the end. Though, it was just something she made up to tell her class. Lol it was very funny trying to write because on my old account I only did horror so this was a completely different genre for me, and I just couldn't leave out something freaky aha! Thank you so much for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laurentz Baker
10:42 Jan 23, 2023

Nice twist. Unexpected ending.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Phoebe DeNeve
21:20 May 20, 2022

This was a great read! I loved the fact that you put emojis in the story; it kinda added to the humor! Also thank you for the follow; there's a story I wrote called 'Ruins.' It's not considered a horror, but it does have a few dark scenes in it if you want to check it out.

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
00:54 Jan 13, 2023

Omgggg. i dont know if i just didnt see this or if i was busy but im so sorry!! Thank you sooo much for taking the time to read a story of mine!<333 Notify me next tme you publish and ill be sure to read it and leave a review! How are you?

Reply

Phoebe DeNeve
05:13 Jan 13, 2023

It's okay, and no problem! I don't know when I'll publish another story; I have a bit of writer's block right now, and I've been waiting for a good prompt so I can maybe continue one of my series, but I will let you know next time I publish. I'm doing great! There's been a lot of blessings in my life as of recently, and I'm happy. How are you?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
06:09 Jan 13, 2023

Aww thats good! (not the readers block lol that sucks!!) Im feeling great ngl. thank you for not venting to me. I hate when ppl vent. Like pls i cant even take care of myself. What does your name mean?

Reply

Phoebe DeNeve
06:47 Jan 13, 2023

My name? Oh, well, "Phoebe" means radiant, pure, and bright; also something having to do with brilliance I think. What about yours if I may ask?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
07:48 Jan 13, 2023

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ My real one (Shaylynn) means a fairy princess castle. but nicole is just my middle name. No meaning/reason at all lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
John K Adams
03:27 May 15, 2022

Wow Shaylynn! That story has more twists than I've ever read in a single short story. Very entertaining. Definitely deserves an A+. Keep it up. I'll read more.

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
05:16 May 15, 2022

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
15:56 May 15, 2022

I just posted a new one if you'd like to read it "Getting To Know You"

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Dhwani Jain
12:08 May 21, 2022

This was CrEaTiVe....on a challenge from Dierdra, I wrote an emoji-story as well - A Boy's Story. I did find it a bit confusing towards the end and I am simply not sure what happened.... Also, nice name choice.....how'd you come up with it and how'd you pronounce it?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
15:42 May 21, 2022

Thank you! What confused you? Pronounced like Sunami just spelled in a cooler way!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:18 May 21, 2022

AAhh...idk it just didn't 'click' to me towards the end.....maybe its just me? Ah! I LOVE IT! Maybe I'll use it in one of my stories.....I'll give you the credit though Also, is your real name Shalynn, or Nikki? Another thing, which grade are you in?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
16:56 May 21, 2022

Oh, hmm idk maybe i did make it confusing Lol. That would be awesome lol My real name is Shaylynn but I prefer my middle name online lol I told "AHhhh cool same!!" Same as you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ Are you working on any stories atm?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:10 May 21, 2022

Oooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah, I didn't read it ig... Not really, but I am updating some portions of my blog and searching for more ideas as I type. https://forms.gle/3xBADBMGrw78PbTs9 Pls fill this out Wby, any new ideas?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
17:21 May 21, 2022

Yes, aha I'm making "The Locked Door (PART 2!!!)" atm I think im going to use the award prompt thing Lol XD I filled it out but why??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
18:26 May 18, 2022

Hello Shaylynn, I thought this was a very good read, your use of emojis really helped enhance the story and gave it a fun, quirky feeling. A piece of advice I would give are slowing the story down a little to add more descriptions which will make the story more realistic and draw the reader in. The story moved at such a fast pace that I felt like I wasn't really getting the full experience. Also, regarding paragraphs, I remember my friend told me something helpful: change paragraphs when a new character is introduced, a new event happens, a...

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
19:01 May 18, 2022

Oooo thank you for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind next time! Just letting you know Lol when it said, "Txunamy leaves the room to wait out front for her mom." Earlier in the story I mentioned she waits "out front for her mom to pick her up." Like outside of the room. But I totally agree with you! I dislike this genre a lot so writing it made me "cringe" aha. I'm more interested in the Horror or Crime genre. My only good story I feel is "The Locked Door," Writing something I'm more interested in makes me thrive to ha...

Reply

Lilliane Wei
19:15 May 18, 2022

Lol, no problem, And I did read your story "The Locked Door" on your last account, it was very good! Also, what genre do you mean? Coming of age?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
19:33 May 18, 2022

Eh kind of I mean anything giddy LOL "happy."

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
19:40 May 18, 2022

Scary is what I do best Lol

Reply

Lilliane Wei
21:07 May 18, 2022

Aha, I see we are polar opposites then. I don't do scary at all lmao (thriller, mystery, etc), at least I think so... My stories focus more on adventure, joy, and loss (woo character torture!)

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
21:14 May 18, 2022

Yes, I can tell. Lol your stories are still really good. I will still be reading them.๐Ÿ˜

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daniel R. Hayes
06:32 May 16, 2022

Hi Shaylynn, this was a fantastic read, and I love that you used emojis!!! I think it can be very hard to find the right ones, but you did an excellent job. The story was really good and I honestly loved it. I give a perfect 10 stars!!!!! โญ

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
16:18 May 16, 2022

Lol thank you! Definitely not one of my favorites but... the prompts for this week were terrible. I just started this account due to losing my old one but I'm a big horror fan more so. So, writing a "happy" or "comedy" is just not a skill of mine. but thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.